2011 Draft Thread Rounds 2-3

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-30-2011, 12:47 AM   #766
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: 2011 Draft Thread Rounds 2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Agree with SFSkin, haven't seen a ton of him playing but what I did see looked pretty good. His scouting report and 49 reps in bench sound a lot better than Jenkins' 17 bench reps and lack of stamina. Give me a guy who is tremendously strong with a high motor vs. the weakest DT in this class with questionable stamina.
True but I dunno about this whole Paea playing NT thing, I don't think it woulda worked. He's more of a penatrator than a hold your ground run stuffer type of player whom the redskins need. Also we clearly could have gotten him twice and passed on him both times. Jenkins is gonna do good at DE for us, and he's strong at the POA. Also he doesn't have injury concerns like Paea does. Paea has knee problems, and if he were at NT for us, he'd get worse knee problems I think.

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2011, 12:48 AM   #767
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Potential Steelers Draft Pick Profiles: Jarvis Jenkins, DE/DT, Clemson - Behind the Steel Curtain

2011 NFL Draft Prospect - Jarvis Jenkins, DT, Clemson |

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:38 AM   #768
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

Wtf. Nobody wants the place kicker Henery. ??!!! We need a kicker. WE CANNOT PASS ON THIS GUY.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #769
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

2011 NFL draft: Ryan Mallett and the Patriots were among the losers on Day 2 - ESPN
3. Washington Redskins: Like the New York Jets, the Redskins often have only three to five selections in some years. Under Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen, the Redskins kept trading back and now have 13 picks. That's fine, but they also got some pretty decent players they liked while making those moves. Jarvis Jenkins, a second-round pick from Clemson, is a big body to put on the 3-4 defensive line. The Redskins considered taking wide receiver Leonard Hankerson with one of their two second-round picks. They ended up trading down and still getting him, in the third round. Ryan Kerrigan, the first-round pick, will be the team's left outside linebacker. And to make it official, the Redskins had no plans to draft a quarterback in the first three rounds. The abundance of young players should add depth and help on special teams

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:28 AM   #770
budw38
Playmaker

I would like to see us draft LB) Herzlich ( BC ) , as he was at one point considered a sure fire 1st rd talent ( Had cancer ) . An interior OL and rb would also be nice , we have enough picks to find some decent talent .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #771
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
True but I dunno about this whole Paea playing NT thing, I don't think it woulda worked. He's more of a penatrator than a hold your ground run stuffer type of player whom the redskins need. Also we clearly could have gotten him twice and passed on him both times. Jenkins is gonna do good at DE for us, and he's strong at the POA. Also he doesn't have injury concerns like Paea does. Paea has knee problems, and if he were at NT for us, he'd get worse knee problems I think.
Actually.....

Stephen Paea, Oregon State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

"Wide as a Coke machine and just as difficult to move, Paea (pronounced pie-uh) has developed into one of the nation's best run-stuffers."
"His ability to tie up blocks in the middle will lead teams to look at him closely over the first 50 picks of the 2011 draft no matter what scheme they utilize"

"Pass rush: .....Relies on his bull rush to knock interior linemen into the pocket and flush the passer into the arms of teammates......
Run defense: Is quick enough to surprise his opponent with a burst through the gap, but will make his NFL millions due to the fact that he is a natural run plugger due to his short, squatty build and rare upper- and lower-body strength. Can be knocked off the ball when double-teamed, but flashes the ability to split them and is rarely pushed far before he's able to plant his legs in the ground and create a pile. Doesn't have the lateral agility and balance to beat runners to the sideline, but hustles in pursuit.....
Strength: Ranks as one of the country's strongest players, reportedly boasting a 600-pound squat, 500-pound bench press and the ability to churn out 44 repetitions of 225 pounds. Is even stronger than his weight-room numbers indicate due to his natural leverage.
Intangibles: High-effort player was voted a team co-captain in 2009, in his second year in the program as a junior.

Only knee issues are a bursa sac issue he played through in 2008 and a torn meniscus in the Senior Bowl practice from which he is fully recovered.
Paea is listed at 6' 1" and a very solid 303, Jenkins is 6' 4" and a soft 310 with stamina issues. Time will tell, but I don't like taking Jenkins over Paea.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #772
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

F ing Jamie Dukes said on the NFL Network that Ryan Kerrigan was a BAD pick for us. Huh?
Old 04-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #773
simbosargos75
Special Teams

It seems to me that most of you would consider this a darn-near perfect draft if we had taken Paia over Jenkins. I tend to agree.

As a Wisconsin alum and season ticket holder, I just wanted to comment on some of the Big 10 names being bandied about.

Kerrigan is going to be an excellent player. He is a tremendous pass rusher, but I fear he may struggle mightily falling back into coverage. I know that that won't be his primary job of course, but it could be a hindrance, at least at first. I hated this guy at Purdue for the same reasons I'll love him as a Redskin. He's always around the ball, and always seems to make big plays at big times.

I saw a few comments on John Moffitt. Having watched him for four years at UW, his improvement has been quite impressive, but I fear for his NFL career simply due to a lack of foot quickness. He is a great drive run blocker, but not the ideal guy to pull in the NFL, nor do I think he'll ever be more than an average pass blocker. If he'd been there in the fourth I would've been happy to get him, but in the 2nd, he would've been a huge reach IMO.

As far as Ricky Stanzi goes, I'll be highly pissed if we select him. He was pretty bad against any defense that was at least decent. And has a huge penchant for boneheaded plays in big moments. Physically, he seems decent, and I'm sure his wonderlic was fine (didn't look), but I think he's mentally weak, which, of course, is a no-no at the NFL level.

Just my 2 cents. I'm really hoping we can trade up for Kendall Hunter and find a couple of good interior offensive linemen in the 5th.

HTTR
simbosargos75 is offline   Reply With Quote