Domestic terrorism

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-03-2015, 03:36 PM   #46
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Some of you are a little to.......hysterical to have a rational discussion at this time
this times 1000.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #47
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Unfortunately, the US is not safe against mass shooting. We can't have a grown up conversation about gun control because some people pay a lot of money to keep their toys.

ISIS doesn't need to attack the US, our stupid gun-totting population is already doing the job for them.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #48
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

France has a terrorist attack and they killed how many(130)? and what are their laws?

We have one that kills 14, and our gun laws are to blame?

Evil people wanting to do evil things will do them with pipe bombs, ied's, or planes.

We should be giving due recognition to the systems we have in place that repeatedly minimize the damage these types of evil acts attempt to inflict, instead of going for the happy happy joy joy solutions that far too often actually beget bad laws.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #49
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Not really sure why some are so intent on rushing to judgment in this thread as to the motivation. Just let the investigation run its course and let all the facts come out.
How dare you try to confuse the issue with facts!
Old 12-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #50
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Unfortunately, the US is not safe against mass shooting. We can't have a grown up conversation about gun control because some people pay a lot of money to keep their toys.

ISIS doesn't need to attack the US, our stupid gun-totting population is already doing the job for them.
Or using Pressure Cookers like the Muslim boston bombers from Dagastan.

Are you saying ISIS needs to save their plane money and let our own Islamic terrorists kill us?
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #51
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
this times 1000.

I do mean this with the ultimate amount of respect but BS!
Old 12-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #52
Hijinx
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Or using Pressure Cookers like the Muslim boston bombers from Dagastan.

Are you saying ISIS needs to save their plane money and let our own Islamic terrorists kill us?
Real quick, go look up the number of people killed by pressure cookers vs the number of people killed by guns. I'd imagine they are quite different.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:23 PM   #53
Hijinx
The Starter

Quote:
France has a terrorist attack and they killed how many(130)? and what are their laws?

Evil people wanting to do evil things will do them with pipe bombs, ied's, or planes.

We should be giving due recognition to the systems we have in place that repeatedly minimize the damage these types of evil acts attempt to inflict, instead of going for the happy happy joy joy solutions that far too often actually beget bad laws.
Most of the deaths in Paris were from the guns not the bombs. The guns were result of no border between France and countries with lax gun laws, not France's own laws. Just like many guns used in California crimes are the result of Nevada's non-existent gun laws.

Gun nuts love to point to Chicago and say that tough gun laws don't stop gun crime. That isn't because of Chicago's laws, it is because of other states' shitty laws. For example when I lived in Mississippi there were 3 pawns shops there that had sold the guns that were used in dozens of murders and at least 1 shot police officer.

Gun crime isn't caused by tough gun control laws it is allowed by weak gun control laws.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #54
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

Attributing the difference in death count to gun laws makes no sense, the death count difference there in Paris has everything to do with population density.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:47 PM   #55
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
Most of the deaths in Paris were from the guns not the bombs. The guns were result of no border between France and countries with lax gun laws, not France's own laws. Just like many guns used in California crimes are the result of Nevada's non-existent gun laws.

Gun nuts love to point to Chicago and say that tough gun laws don't stop gun crime. That isn't because of Chicago's laws, it is because of other states' shitty laws. For example when I lived in Mississippi there were 3 pawns shops there that had sold the guns that were used in dozens of murders and at least 1 shot police officer.

Gun crime isn't caused by tough gun control laws it is allowed by weak gun control laws.
look how well his type of philosophy has served us worked in the "War on drugs".........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:03 PM   #56
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Attributing the difference in death count to gun laws makes no sense, the death count difference there in Paris has everything to do with population density.
Attributing the deaths in California to our gun laws makes very little sense. My point of the France attack is that when a person has the intent to cause major casualties they will do their damndest to achieve their goals and won't worry about whether or not they are legally allowed to have the guns that they are about to use.

Sent from my S6 Edge
Old 12-03-2015, 05:19 PM   #57
Hijinx
The Starter

Quote:
look how well his type of philosophy has served us worked in the "War on drugs".........
Drugs have a physiological and physical addiction, these make people crave them and thus willing to break the law to get them. Treatment is a much better option. Although GOP lawmakers do not wish to spend money of fighting addiction because they feel that it looks "weak on crime" and prefer to spend money on for profit prisons that kick money back to them as political contributions.

Guns only have physiological addictions. OH AND THERE IS THAT THING THAT DRUGS ONLY KILL PEOPLE WHO TAKE THEM, NOT OTHERS. The next time someone is killed by someone wielding a joint, your comparison may make sense.

Last edited by Hijinx; 12-03-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:41 PM   #58
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Let me try to help with this.....
Drugs are now and have been illegal for about a millennia. NEVER been more prolific, more profitable or easier to get than today. Hows that war on drugs going?
Guns will follow a similar trail if forced underground....
And please...stop beating that....tired ass party line drum BS.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:55 PM   #59
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
Drugs have a physiological and physical addiction, these make people crave them and thus willing to break the law to get them. Treatment is a much better option. Although GOP lawmakers do not wish to spend money of fighting addiction because they feel that it looks "weak on crime" and prefer to spend money on for profit prisons that kick money back to them as political contributions.

Guns only have physiological addictions. OH AND THERE IS THAT THING THAT DRUGS ONLY KILL PEOPLE WHO TAKE THEM, NOT OTHERS. The next time someone is killed by someone welding a joint, your comparison may make sense.
Well if you take an arc welder to someone's joints you are going to maim them at the very least.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:02 PM   #60
Hijinx
The Starter

Quote:
Let me try to help with this.....
Drugs are now and have been illegal for about a millennia. NEVER been more prolific, more profitable or easier to get than today. Hows that war on drugs going?
Guns will follow a similar trail if forced underground....
And please...stop beating that....tired ass party line drum BS.
By your tired ass BS line, we shouldn't make anything illegal. No laws. Total anarchy. Truly a right wing dream. Like Somalia with colder weather.

People will alway choose to break laws if they can. So you make it harder for them to do so, not easier. Because this let the crazies have as many guns as they want idea has been around a long time too. And spoiler alert, it isn't working.