Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Lsu! Lsu! Lsu!

Other Sports

Old 12-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Lsu! Lsu! Lsu!

LSU vs. Ohio State for the National Championship. Hold on to that 10 dollars Jsarno, and I told you Dallas Blows

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Lsu! Lsu! Lsu!

See, that was exactly what I was talking about. What a HORRIBLE system we have in college football. No way should they be playing for the championship.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
drew54
The Starter

I would say for the two loss teams, they won their conference and it took a total of 6 overtimes for them to lose those two games.

But I gotta root for the Big Ten.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #4
jsarno
Franchise Player

I still say Hawaii got skrewed! 12-0 and 10th in the rankings????? Come on! I understand it wasn't THE toughest schedule, but they did go undefeated.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:35 PM   #5
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
See, that was exactly what I was talking about. What a HORRIBLE system we have in college football. No way should they be playing for the championship.
Well, after all that mess, we have the two best teams in the nation playing for the Nat'l Championship. As it should be.

Lots of other teams did have their chances, but the BCS got it right in the end.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:36 PM   #6
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
I still say Hawaii got skrewed! 12-0 and 10th in the rankings????? Come on! I understand it wasn't THE toughest schedule, but they did go undefeated.
So?

They got a BCS bid, did they not?
Old 12-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #7
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
So?

They got a BCS bid, did they not?
BCS bid means nothing. They should be fighting for the national championship.
Kansas had one loss, and I think Oklahoma was better than LSU.

Wasn't LSU like 7th or 8th before this week? So they jumped 6 or 7 spots in one week?????
Old 12-02-2007, 10:27 PM   #8
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
BCS bid means nothing. They should be fighting for the national championship.
Kansas had one loss, and I think Oklahoma was better than LSU.

Wasn't LSU like 7th or 8th before this week? So they jumped 6 or 7 spots in one week?????
My point is that if Hawaii isn't going to schedule any competant programs in their non conference games, then they should prove their dominance by blowing the ones they do schedule out of the water. They aren't good enough to do this, and frankly unlike Boise last year, didn't beat a single deserving top 25 team. I don't really think Hawaii earned the right to be ranked, let alone play in the National Championship.

Oklahoma? They deserved considering. Kansas had an impressive victory over Kansas State this year, but KSU is hardly a powerhouse. Kansas had definately earned the right to play for it in that game against Missouri, but it would be hard to say Kansas was any better than the 3rd best team in there own conference.

I would think that outside of Oklahoma, the only other teams receiving consideration were Georgia, LSU, and Florida. While all do deserve to be considered as the best team in their conference, LSU was champion of their conference, and seemingly was more deserving than the others.

So you think it should have been Ohio State-Oklahoma? Fine, but I think LSU was more impressive based on the entire season, and certainly were at the very least, deserving.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #9
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

VT was ranking #1 by the computers =/
Old 12-02-2007, 10:55 PM   #10
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
My point is that if Hawaii isn't going to schedule any competant programs in their non conference games, then they should prove their dominance by blowing the ones they do schedule out of the water. They aren't good enough to do this, and frankly unlike Boise last year, didn't beat a single deserving top 25 team. I don't really think Hawaii earned the right to be ranked, let alone play in the National Championship.

Oklahoma? They deserved considering. Kansas had an impressive victory over Kansas State this year, but KSU is hardly a powerhouse. Kansas had definately earned the right to play for it in that game against Missouri, but it would be hard to say Kansas was any better than the 3rd best team in there own conference.

I would think that outside of Oklahoma, the only other teams receiving consideration were Georgia, LSU, and Florida. While all do deserve to be considered as the best team in their conference, LSU was champion of their conference, and seemingly was more deserving than the others.

So you think it should have been Ohio State-Oklahoma? Fine, but I think LSU was more impressive based on the entire season, and certainly were at the very least, deserving.
Well, Hawaii TRIED to schedule teams such as LSU by offering sums of money from 500k to 1mil just as a thank you to play them, but every really good program was too scared to take the offer. It's not their fault they play in an inferior conference, and it's not their fault that every program is afraid to play them. The only team with balls was Boise St. and Hawaii disposed of them even though they were ranked 19th in the country.
I don't think it should be Oklahoma really, but I do think Oklahoma is better, however, Georgia, V Tech and Kansas were all ahead of LSU, and somehow LSU gets the nod above them all?
Georgia didn't play, V Tech beat a VERY GOOD BC team 30-16 (ranked 12th), and Kansas didn't play, the only game they lost was to the #1 team in the country.
So I do not think LSU deserves it. V Tech was above them and beat a better team by a bigger margin than LSU for the last game of the season, so how in the world can you explain the leap frog of LSU on that? Also, how can you punish Georgia and Kansas for not playing? If you rank below those teams and they don't play, how can you pass them...especially when you almost lose to Tennessee?
Old 12-03-2007, 06:06 AM   #11
djnemo65
Playmaker

Quote:
Well, Hawaii TRIED to schedule teams such as LSU by offering sums of money from 500k to 1mil just as a thank you to play them, but every really good program was too scared to take the offer. It's not their fault they play in an inferior conference, and it's not their fault that every program is afraid to play them. The only team with balls was Boise St. and Hawaii disposed of them even though they were ranked 19th in the country.
I don't think it should be Oklahoma really, but I do think Oklahoma is better, however, Georgia, V Tech and Kansas were all ahead of LSU, and somehow LSU gets the nod above them all?
Georgia didn't play, V Tech beat a VERY GOOD BC team 30-16 (ranked 12th), and Kansas didn't play, the only game they lost was to the #1 team in the country.
So I do not think LSU deserves it. V Tech was above them and beat a better team by a bigger margin than LSU for the last game of the season, so how in the world can you explain the leap frog of LSU on that? Also, how can you punish Georgia and Kansas for not playing? If you rank below those teams and they don't play, how can you pass them...especially when you almost lose to Tennessee?
I think they play in the same conference. But I see your point, it just doesn't feel right that you can go undefeated and not have a chance to compete for the national title. While I think the BCS did the best it could, this was the season more than any other I can remember in which a playoff was needed not just to satisfy the fans, but to truly determine the best team.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #12
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
VT was ranking #1 by the computers =/
Yeah, I don't see how LSU is playing. At least VTs losses weren't by some unranked ARKANSAS! Triple overtime or not, that's inexcusable.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:41 AM   #13
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
I don't see how you can say that after losing to an unranked team and another lowly ranked team.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #14
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

While Mizzou has 2 losses, how does Kansas play over them in a BCS Bowl, when Mizzou disposed of them 2 weeks ago? They lost to a tough Oklahoma team, and have better rankings all around, yet Kansas with 1 loss goes forth.

As far as Hawaii goes, I've always been under the impression that no matter who you are, an undefeated team should be fighting for a championship. And while the Sugar Bowl is a decent consolation, if they do beat Georgia, the debate will rage on about mid-majors. However, their strength of schedule is 118 of 120 D I-A schools...and yes, Boise State is in their conference.

LSU/Ohio State should be a decent game, but until there is a playoff, there will be no fair way to figure out who is the true champion.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #15
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Honestly, I think just about anyone in the top ten would be competitive playing in the championship game.