I Was impressed!!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #61
2BIG2BSKINNY
Special Teams

Re: I Was impressed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor View Post
Let's not drink too much of that "Soups" kool-aid. We still stalled out 3 consecutive series with bad inaccurate throws. We can not keep putting our defense back on the field so soon time after time. Campbell still needs to work on his accuracy on the short throws. I'm glad Brennan redeemed himself tonight before everyone put those pollsup of Daniel over him which does not make any sense. Daniel just plays pitch and catch and Brennan is actually running the offense.

I agree that the 3 and outs hurt the Defense, but It looked to me we stalled when we started to try to be more conservative... I would like to see the Skins hit on the pass and make the run game more effective. When you run on 1st and second and get only 2 yard combined that puts JC in 3rd and long! Not a position we want to be in... Not a position the o-line is gonna look good in either!

I think the Skins looked good last night... We stayed strike for strike with a team that no one will be surprised if they are super bowl bound!
2BIG2BSKINNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #62
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BIG2BSKINNY View Post
I agree that the 3 and outs hurt the Defense, but It looked to me we stalled when we started to try to be more conservative... I would like to see the Skins hit on the pass and make the run game more effective. When you run on 1st and second and get only 2 yard combined that puts JC in 3rd and long! Not a position we want to be in... Not a position the o-line is gonna look good in either!

I think the Skins looked good last night... We stayed strike for strike with a team that no one will be surprised if they are super bowl bound!
I agree. Stick with the play action passes downfield until the Pats prove they can stop it. Receivers were open all over the place. We bailed them out by going to the running game and short passing attack. But it's pre-season, so they're trying to work on all phases of the game, etc. No worries. It was awesome to see a defense have no answers for our passing attack.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #63
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Wow people will always find a way to hate on JC. My buddy called me on the overthrow and was complaining. It's like he forgot everything before and after that one play.

Screw everyone. Thats why at times I hope campbell doesnt get a deal and succeeds elsewhere, some skins "fans" really piss me off.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #64
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
If it happens, let me know when you're leaving and I'll meet you there. We can both kick them in the nuts. Remember the personal foul called on the bench? It turns out Jerry Gray called an official by his first name and was told that wasn't allowed. Blache said he was told Gray cussed and said that was wrong because Gray never cusses. When he heard the other excuse he went off about the official and said that was a lame excuse and the official had changed it because he knows Gray doesn't cuss. Do the officials make these rules up as they go along?
Thank you for the rundown on that penalty. I was wondering what happened there. It sounds like a load of crap penalty, though.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #65
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
Are you saying his performance solidified his spot on the team? I dont think he played well at all, and I dont see the "growth" from last year, outside of his feet. His arm is average at best, and his mechanics are still horrible. He isnt making good reads, the INT wasnt even close, and for the second week in a row thats a redzone turnover. Ultimately, I think its gonna have alot to do with how Daniel plays next week.

Also.......did I mention I HATE "gunslingers"!!! You can have the Favre/Romo/Brennan types, give me a game manager that doesnt turn the ball over every single game. Combined with a good running game, and a solid defense....thats the combination for a great team IMO.
You are a smart person who knows how to build a consistently good team.

As for Brennan, yeah, if you are going to sidearm it you had better be making good decisions. Combining poor decisions with poor mechanics is a recipe for failure.
We won more with Vinny
Old 08-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #66
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

A few things impressed me last night.
1. Jason looks good when he has time to make a play his intermediate, short, and long balls looked really good
2. Mrcus Mason needs to be on the football team
3. The defense battled back after getting torched. The guys will fight all year
4. Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly are the real deal.
5.Marko Mitchell will be on this football team
6. Colt Brennan is not ready for the spotlight he looked really bad again \st the number 1 defense of the pats. looked ok against scrubs
7.Orakpo made some relly nice plays but Pats oline handled our guys and got them of balance with thier passing game.
8.Do we really need Rock Cartwright?
9. Ladell Betts will be on the team. Aldridge had one good quarter not sold on him at all.
10. LIKED THE WAY THE 1st team defense created turnovers in the second half
11.Kevin Barnes will make plays in this league
12. WE MADE WAY TO MANY MISTAKES WITH PENALTIES!
Old 08-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #67
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

so do we say that rock doesn't make the team now, and dorsey makes it in his place, or mason??
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #68
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
so do we say that rock doesn't make the team now, and dorsey makes it in his place, or mason??
Dont get me wrong I do love Rock, and all the little things he does for this team. BUT.....we really didnt miss him last night. Thomas looked servicable on KR, and Mason/Dorsey also looked pretty good. Id really like to see more of Alridge in the last preseason game, for the little bit he played, he looked really good to me, albeit against the 3rd stringers.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #69
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
Are you saying his performance solidified his spot on the team? I dont think he played well at all, and I dont see the "growth" from last year, outside of his feet. His arm is average at best, and his mechanics are still horrible. He isnt making good reads, the INT wasnt even close, and for the second week in a row thats a redzone turnover. Ultimately, I think its gonna have alot to do with how Daniel plays next week.

Also.......did I mention I HATE "gunslingers"!!! You can have the Favre/Romo/Brennan types, give me a game manager that doesnt turn the ball over every single game. Combined with a good running game, and a solid defense....thats the combination for a great team IMO.

Yeah man damn those Kurt Warner,Tom Brady,Brett Favre and Peyton Manning types. Them and their stupid Super Bowl rings.
Not many Game managers win titles. Dilfer and Johnson are the exception but defenses like they had dont come along every season.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #70
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor View Post
Let's not drink too much of that "Soups" kool-aid. We still stalled out 3 consecutive series with bad inaccurate throws. We can not keep putting our defense back on the field so soon time after time. Campbell still needs to work on his accuracy on the short throws. I'm glad Brennan redeemed himself tonight before everyone put those pollsup of Daniel over him which does not make any sense. Daniel just plays pitch and catch and Brennan is actually running the offense.
How did he redeem himself?
2 chances to put points on the board were squarely affected by Brennan's play. The interception is the second in the redzone in two weeks, JC would be crucified for those type of errors. And a sack instead of throwing the ball away when you are in FG range is another bad decision.

I don't really have a true preference as to which one stays and which one goes, I would like to see both get solid playing time against the Jags.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #71
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

I think JC is done till the season starts. No reason he or TC plays the next game.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #72
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Let Daniel play the first half and CB closes it out.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #73
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

To be honest I want to see Chase first against jackonsville. Colt is very reckless with the football this year. I wanted the guy to suceed but his redzone play is been abmismal this year. Making downright dump decisions. Things a rookie could get away with, but a second year guy, his decision making is worse. When he took the sack to knock us out of field goal range, and the fuckn intercecption on the goal line. I am mean come zip the ball in there if you are going to stare down the reciever. Don't throw some weak armed pass. You gotta be smarter if you want to make this football team.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #74
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
[/B]

Yeah man damn those Kurt Warner,Tom Brady,Brett Favre and Peyton Manning types. Them and their stupid Super Bowl rings.
Not many Game managers win titles. Dilfer and Johnson are the exception but defenses like they had dont come along every season.
I can't speak for roth74va but for me, Brady, Manning, and arguably Warner are definitely NOT gunslingers. If you watch them, they are careful with the ball and avoid taking stupid Favre-like chances with the ball.

The playing styles of Brady and Manning are very different from the playing styles of folks like Favre and Romo. It is only the latter folks that you can put in the category of "gunslinger," that is, folks who are reckless with the ball.
We won more with Vinny
Old 08-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #75
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

This has nothing to do with the Redskins, but I have been really impressed this summer with the Packers. The D looks sharp, and Aaron Rodgers as well.

Ok, back to the Redskins