play calling???

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #31
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Re: play calling???

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
FUCK YOU! People are way too sensitive, its a figure of speech you dipshit! I am black you dumbass, get over it already!
Boom! Now if our O-line could hit that hard we'd be in business!

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #32
wilsowilso

This thread is a little mental.

Dipshit is a very funny word.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #33
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Interesting article on Redskins.com about the play calling For Zorn, Play Calling Remains a Balancing Act.

Weisman kinda tip toes around outright questioning Zorn's play calling on Sunday but he still asked some of the same questions we have. It's disturbing that Zorn was talking about 'I didn't want to go away from the run'. How about going towards some points? That's the stubbornness that I think is going to get him replaced.
Good read at the link.

Good post for commentary.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #34
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
This thread is a little mental.

Dipshit is a very funny word.
As in, "I like to dipshit in my fondue"? "I work at the dip cage at the zoo and have to clean up dipshit all day"? Yeah, it is a strange word.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny

Last edited by Lotus; 09-15-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #35
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Clinton Portis played like an average running back(at best) against the Giants. IMO he played pretty bad. His suddenness is non-existent.
I'm probably going to get flamed for this -- but the decline of Clinton Portis is in full view of those who are willing to see it.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #36
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I'm probably going to get flamed for this -- but the decline of Clinton Portis is in full view of those who are willing to see it.
You can't work his ass like a government mule and expect him to last long.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #37
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Not a flame, but do you really think the holes were there? I know some thought the OL did a great job, but I just didn't see it.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #38
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Not a flame, but do you really think the holes were there? I know some thought the OL did a great job, but I just didn't see it.
When I do the line yards tonight and tomorrow, I have a feeling they'll back up what you're saying about the running holes. I'm not being biased, just a guess.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #39
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
No, the Giants did a fine job stuffing the run, but on the 34-yarder, it just seems as though Portis would have been able to take it further 3 or 4 years ago. His vision, and ability to juke defenders in the open field just isn't there anymore.

This is obvious to many, and as TTE said, season after season of 330+ carries does that to any running back. But I just wonder if fans realize how much of a decline there's been between Portis' first carry as a Redskin against the Bucs six years ago and the Portis of today.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #40
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't think CP is in decline. He just shouldn't be the focus of the offense anymore. The QB should be. CP is not a game breaker and it's just time for a transition of a running team to a passing team. But the coach is either too stupid to realize it or he's too stubborn. What really pissed me off was watching the Balt. game. Watching Cam Cameron and Harbaugh just hand over the offense to a 2nd year QB from freakin Delaware and let him sling it all over the field. I don't think Balt. has better wr's than we do. My patience w/ Zorn's playcalling is over with, he appears to be in over his head and it's time to be on the Shanahan watch.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #41
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Wow...

CP lost a step? Man, that guy exploded through that hole. You guys need to see it again, because he didn't look slow to me. It looked like to me you had one guy diving after him after he shot through the hole, and the 2 DB's made a better angle to knock him out of bounds.

Let's just take a look shall we?

Starts at 35

Now watch how the DB's take a great angle on Portis.. Portis has always been known for his great vision, and ableness of following his blockers. He has the best vision in the NFL as a RB.

Now.. This

Now in this video you see the safety #23 take the worse angle in football. I've seen 10 year old pee wee players take a better angle then that, and Portis had about 10 yards of sideline to make a better stretch, not the 3 yards in the first video on the short side of the field. Give the guy another 1- yards and he prolly catches Portis... Everyone who know the Redskins knows the Portis has never had breakaway speed. He's always been built for quick bursts and hitting the holes and producing long drives with the occasional big one.

All you people looking ot point a finger at why we lost on Sunday need to get over it. We were not going to go 16-0 this year, and we are prolly not going to go even 11-5. We are going to lose, and usually the losing team looks the worse out of the 2 teams. We just happen to be that team this week, and in all honesty.. I didn't think the game was that bad. We lost by 6 points against a team that won the SB 2 years ago?
In the first video it took CP approx 6 seconds to travel 30 yards. In the second it only took him 4 seconds to travel 30 yards. There are many variables not considered such as the sync of the videos to real time, the fact that Clinton was possibly running more stream line in the first one, and him slowing down for contact in the second. The fact of the matter is that 2 seconds is a long time when you are sprinting. While Portis might not exactly be required to retire any time soon, it appears that he is a tad bit slower than he used to be.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #42
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I don't think CP is in decline. He just shouldn't be the focus of the offense anymore. The QB should be. CP is not a game breaker and it's just time for a transition of a running team to a passing team. But the coach is either too stupid to realize it or he's too stubborn. What really pissed me off was watching the Balt. game. Watching Cam Cameron and Harbaugh just hand over the offense to a 2nd year QB from freakin Delaware and let him sling it all over the field. I don't think Balt. has better wr's than we do. My patience w/ Zorn's playcalling is over with, he appears to be in over his head and it's time to be on the Shanahan watch.
Well, I take issue with your first statement because it's bound to happen to every player. I guess the only point to argue is to what degree his decline is in.

At times, Zorn's in-game performance falls apart when things don't go according to plan. Even though the Giants were stuffing up the running lanes, it's as if he locks up, doesn't know how to respond, and the only thing he can think of is to keep feeding the ball to Portis because he figures something will open up sooner or later. As a playcaller, he's still relatively new at this.

If it's not meant to be for Zorn in Washington, Shanahan would be my first choice.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #43
#56fanatic
The Starter

I wanted to rip the playcalling as well. Whether we like, Zorn likes it, Danny likes it, Jason Campbell is our QB. I just dont see them allowing him to run the supposed west coast offense. They are not allowing him to really throw the ball down field very much, and seems like they are not scheming very well. Giants were going to stop the run, left a lot of one on one with the receivers, I was surprised not to see more 3 or 4 WR sets spreading out the defense and running from that and throwing from it. It just doesn't make sense. Kelly, moss, thomas, davis, were all invisible in the passing game. that is ridiculous. If your getting stuffed every time you touch the ball, why not spread em out and get into some checks at the line. Zorn just doesn't seem to have the confidense in Campbell in my opinion. And if thats the case, he may as well get him shit packed up and start heading to the door.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #44
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I wanted to rip the playcalling as well. Whether we like, Zorn likes it, Danny likes it, Jason Campbell is our QB. I just dont see them allowing him to run the supposed west coast offense. They are not allowing him to really throw the ball down field very much, and seems like they are not scheming very well. Giants were going to stop the run, left a lot of one on one with the receivers, I was surprised not to see more 3 or 4 WR sets spreading out the defense and running from that and throwing from it. It just doesn't make sense. Kelly, moss, thomas, davis, were all invisible in the passing game. that is ridiculous. If your getting stuffed every time you touch the ball, why not spread em out and get into some checks at the line. Zorn just doesn't seem to have the confidense in Campbell in my opinion. And if thats the case, he may as well get him shit packed up and start heading to the door.
I don't think it's a Campbell confidence problem. It's a Zorn stubbornness 'I want what I want the way I want it' problem.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #45
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Well, I take issue with your first statement because it's bound to happen to every player. I guess the only point to argue is to what degree his decline is in.

At times, Zorn's in-game performance falls apart when things don't go according to plan. Even though the Giants were stuffing up the running lanes, it's as if he locks up, doesn't know how to respond, and the only thing he can think of is to keep feeding the ball to Portis because he figures something will open up sooner or later. As a playcaller, he's still relatively new at this.

If it's not meant to be for Zorn in Washington, Shanahan would be my first choice.
CP is still avery effective back and good enough to start. But he's simply not a game breaker like AP is. Or even Steven Jackson.

If an NFL HC can't make adjustments on the fly then it's time to go. Over the last half of last year and the 1st game of this year he simply looks in over his head. NY had injuries in the secondary and he didn't try and exploit that. Plus the blown timeouts. That is piss poor coaching. If I were Snyder I'd have Shanahan on speed dial. We wouldn't even have to change the offense either.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote