Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Skip Bayless owned on TV

Other Sports

Old 04-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Skip Bayless owned on TV

Jalen Rose calls out Skip Bayless on air for his trumped up high school history (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports

Quote:
We're feeding the troll, we know. But if this isn't the final reason you need to stop paying attention to someone who brags about not watching games, and blatantly lies to the people he's paid to inform, then we can't help you. If you want to contribute more to this buffoon's sad success, you deserve the misleading information he's going to toss your wayWe're feeding the troll, we know. But if this isn't the final reason you need to stop paying attention to someone who brags about not watching games, and blatantly lies to the people he's paid to inform, then we can't help you. If you want to contribute more to this buffoon's sad success, you deserve the misleading information he's going to toss your way

Never understood why ESPN ever brought this idiot on board. I refuse to watch any show with Bayless. It seems he always takes to polar opposite side on topics just so he can be controversial. (Wilbon as well)

Glad somebody busted his lying ass and smeared the poop in his face.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Skip Bayless owned on TV

i saw this last night and almost fell out my seat from laughing so hard. Jalen is awesome. I like how Skip tries to deflect it, "lets talk about this later"....lolololololololol. Bayless is a f*cking joke. Id like to be on the set when they went to commercial.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

He's always been a clown. Does anyone actually take him seriously?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Here's my rambling take on Skip. First of all, what is this talk of him not watching games? That's not true at all. He watches more games than probably anyone I know. He's up all night watching multiple games. To say he doesn't watch games is wrong. He's obsessed.

His opinions of course are controversial and I don't agree with a lot of what he says. But, unfortunately, I think as much blame lies in the hands of the producers of First Take who encourage his ramblings. And there are ratings issues behind it of course. Still, I think they could and should tone it down. It's a personality they've basically created that doesn't really, in my opinion, the true qualities of Skip Bayless. In a different setting, such as guest hosting on Mike and Mike he's been much more subdued and well worth listening to. But on First Take...well, I don't even watch the show anymore quite honestly. And don't even get me started on Rob Parker

As for Skip off camera? I only met him a few times. And well he doesn't really talk to you if he doesn't you. I mean he's not rude or anything. He's just not social. To the people he trusts, the people in his "inner circle" he's extremely loyal and supportive and will fight to the death for them. To others he's essentially indifferent. Unlike say Colin Cowherd who goes out of his way to make you feel welcome.

Jalen Rose on the other hand is one of the coolest former athletes/current on-air personalities at ESPN.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Here's my rambling take on Skip. First of all, what is this talk of him not watching games? That's not true at all. He watches more games than probably anyone I know. He's up all night watching multiple games. To say he doesn't watch games is wrong. He's obsessed.

His opinions of course are controversial and I don't agree with a lot of what he says. But, unfortunately, I think as much blame lies in the hands of the producers of First Take who encourage his ramblings. And there are ratings issues behind it of course. Still, I think they could and should tone it down. It's a personality they've basically created that doesn't really, in my opinion, the true qualities of Skip Bayless. In a different setting, such as guest hosting on Mike and Mike he's been much more subdued and well worth listening to. But on First Take...well, I don't even watch the show anymore quite honestly. And don't even get me started on Rob Parker

As for Skip off camera? I only met him a few times. And well he doesn't really talk to you if he doesn't you. I mean he's not rude or anything. He's just not social. To the people he trusts, the people in his "inner circle" he's extremely loyal and supportive and will fight to the death for them. To others he's essentially indifferent. Unlike say Colin Cowherd who goes out of his way to make you feel welcome.

Jalen Rose on the other hand is one of the coolest former athletes/current on-air personalities at ESPN.
True, I've heard him guest host for Rome and he's definitely different.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
GMScud
Swearinger

Skip hates Lebron James and loves Tebow, but aside from that, I've got no time for the guy. He's obnoxious.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
FRPLG
MVP

SS I heard the same things. Supposedly he's pretty cool and decent with the staff and so forth. It's just the on-air personality is so unlikeable.

I was trying to compare he Cowherd this morning in my head. Cowherd I dislike greatly but mostly because I think he has a lot of stupid opinions. But I don't think he is just a creation for ratings puroses. His opinions seems to eb genuine. Bayless just comes off as completely ingenuine and fake with these takes. Almost like they tell him which side to take and he marches along dutifully.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Rob Parker is a clown and always always pulls the infamous Race card out
Old 04-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

My problem with first take is they go off topic to focus so much on skip. I mean why not call it the skip bayless show?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

The aftermath

Fallout From Jalen Rose Comments To Skip Bayless - ESPN Video - ESPN
Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Skip Bayless doing a

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

If Skip was worried that he couldn't get his message across on Twitter then he shouldn't have posted it in the first place
Old 04-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
jdlea
Playmaker

I watched a lot of this, but I had to pause it to comment. Jalen makes the point that he doesn't like that Stephen A and Skip cross a line and disrespect people. I agree with that. Then, this happens:

Skip: "He gets paid how much?"
Jalen: "So, based on how much I get paid you should be able to disrespect me?"
Skip: "He's out in the public domain, man!"

Wait...what are we talking about here? We have a 25 minute segment because Jalen hurt Skip's feelings yesterday and he felt attacked by Jalen. Okay, how about this Skip, "You get paid how much? You're in the public domain, man!"

Done. You lose. You don't get to argue that what he gets paid and the manner in which he applies his craft makes him fair game and then take offense when people take shots at you. Man, this whole thing somehow made me hate Skip more.

EDIT: Just finished this video and Skip did say you can call him out on his opinions. However, if you can go on tv and say anything about an athlete, why can't said athlete treat you the same way? I want to know how what he does every day is different than what Jalen did to him.

Last edited by jdlea; 04-11-2012 at 01:32 PM.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #14
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Is anyone else severely annoyed by Stephen A Smith? Anytime he comes on tv I feel compelled to switch the channel.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
Is anyone else severely annoyed by Stephen A Smith? Anytime he comes on tv I feel compelled to switch the channel.
he sucks...."However"

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote