Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2019, 09:05 PM   #271
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So question, who is making these choices with hc? And why isn’t the front office involved? This is a serious fuckin issue folks.
Danny’s independent think tank.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2019, 03:50 PM   #272
dej733
Camp Scrub

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Per JP Finlay

Big nugget from Les here - his source says Urban Meyer could become Redskins exec. Don’t think that’s been reported elsewhere
dej733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:31 PM   #273
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dej733 View Post
Per JP Finlay

Big nugget from Les here - his source says Urban Meyer could become Redskins exec. Don’t think that’s been reported elsewhere
Does nothing for me. Would just be a PR hire.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:12 PM   #274
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteHaile...49795572838406

Wow...telling

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:29 PM   #275
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Alex Smith is 100% getting a FO job
Old 12-29-2019, 08:36 PM   #276
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
That video is amazing...Bruce and Dan don’t even acknowledge each other...Bruce just walks right past him.

Alex has replaced Bruce as Dan’s bestie.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:38 PM   #277
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Somebody smarter (Schneed where you at?) correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it'd be feasible for Alex Smith to retire and take a FO job with the Skins that would allow his cap hit to be reduced. I.E. he'd still count 20 mil against the cap and then we'd also have to sign him to a FO contract where he makes money on top of that.

If that's the case you just put him on the disability list, pay his roster salary and he hangs out with Dan as an advisor. Then next year he can retire or we cut him.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:38 PM   #278
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
QB coach

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:39 PM   #279
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
That video is amazing...Bruce and Dan don’t even acknowledge each other...Bruce just walks right past him.

Alex has replaced Bruce as Dan’s bestie.
The red armband on the black jacket is not a good look for Dan. Kinda reminds me of some historical uniform that also wore a certain armband lol. Where is Dan getting his fashion advice from?

Also, if they're not on speaking terms, I'm 1000% on the "this is not gonna be a pretty exit for Bruce" team. It's the kind where Dan says take a demotion, Bruce says no and quits completely (I'm fine with this, he doesn't need Bruce to get a stadium built).

If they were on speaking terms and Bruce was ok stepping down from football ops I think they'd at least be on cordial speaking terms.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:27 PM   #280
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Somebody smarter (Schneed where you at?) correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it'd be feasible for Alex Smith to retire and take a FO job with the Skins that would allow his cap hit to be reduced. I.E. he'd still count 20 mil against the cap and then we'd also have to sign him to a FO contract where he makes money on top of that.

If that's the case you just put him on the disability list, pay his roster salary and he hangs out with Dan as an advisor. Then next year he can retire or we cut him.
I'm in no way claiming to be smarter, but i believe (and i could be 100% wrong)if Alex Smith retires, we get the signing bonus back against the cap, then potentially Dan/Bruce/whoever could potentially add a big bonus on his front office contract to make up the difference to Alex...
Old 12-29-2019, 10:52 PM   #281
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Snyder's problem is he needs to stop being buddies with his employees. Treat it as a business. What has Vinny and Bruce done for you besides ruin your organization? Allen should have been fired a while ago, probably after the Cousins saga. But because he was friends with the owner he got to hang around longer than he ever should have.

Now he's befriending another employee in Smith. What the fuck is his problem? He obviously doesn't have a lot of friends.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:04 PM   #282
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The Snyder and Smith relationship is weird to me. Smith didn't do shit when he was in there and it was his first year starting. He didn't win a SB here or anything. And all of a sudden he's the owners best friend?

When Theismann broke his leg I don't remember him all of a sudden being Mr. Cooke's best friend. Once it was determined that he could no longer play he was released and he collected his insurance and moved on with his life.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:08 PM   #283
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I'm in no way claiming to be smarter, but i believe (and i could be 100% wrong)if Alex Smith retires, we get the signing bonus back against the cap, then potentially Dan/Bruce/whoever could potentially add a big bonus on his front office contract to make up the difference to Alex...
I disagree. I believe if he retires his current remaining cap hit still counts against the cap. There's no savings to be had if a player chooses retirement.

Edit: I am partially wrong, according to this article I found on Google.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...the-salary-cap

According to this article, if Alex Smith filed his retirement as a post-June 1st retirement, we could split his cap hit into 2020 and then some into 2021. We also have the option of going after a portion of his signing bonus, but that would be some negative PR on our part for going after a guy who suffered a career ending broken leg and 17 surgeries after playing for us.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:12 PM   #284
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The Snyder and Smith relationship is weird to me. Smith didn't do shit when he was in there and it was his first year starting. He didn't win a SB here or anything. And all of a sudden he's the owners best friend?

When Theismann broke his leg I don't remember him all of a sudden being Mr. Cooke's best friend. Once it was determined that he could no longer play he was released and he collected his insurance and moved on with his life.
Man, first things first, Theismann broke his leg 33 years ago. The landscape has changed so much in 33 years I really don't think we're comparing apples to apples here.

Secondly Dan Snyder's two previous best friends were a shitty actor and a guy whose only claim to fame is having a PFHOF dad. Someone who actually knows football and has spent time in winning cultures (like the KC/Reid system Smith came from) is soooooooooooooooooooooooo much of a massive upgrade over those two. Not to mention by all accounts Smith is a stand-up guy. I just hope some of his common sense rubs off on Dan.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:43 PM   #285
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Man, first things first, Theismann broke his leg 33 years ago. The landscape has changed so much in 33 years I really don't think we're comparing apples to apples here.

Secondly Dan Snyder's two previous best friends were a shitty actor and a guy whose only claim to fame is having a PFHOF dad. Someone who actually knows football and has spent time in winning cultures (like the KC/Reid system Smith came from) is soooooooooooooooooooooooo much of a massive upgrade over those two. Not to mention by all accounts Smith is a stand-up guy. I just hope some of his common sense rubs off on Dan.
I realize all of that but I just don't understand why an owner needs to pal around with his employees. I don't see the Mara's or Rooney's or the guy up in Baltimore doing this, or Robert Kraft. To me it's what losers do and it has hurt Dan Snyder badly.