Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2021, 04:00 PM   #76
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 53
Posts: 2,576
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I wouldn't trade McLaurin for both of them combined.

Of course he is on pace to become my favorite football player of all times, so I would have a hard time trading him for anything. But definitely not just for those 2.

Amen! I hope he goes off this year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-23-2021, 05:00 PM   #77
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 29,275
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
speaking of WR's

How did Cole Beasley make the top100 and Terry didn't?

LOLOL
Hold on… the top 100 of what?
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

Let’s go Brandon!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:05 PM   #78
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,336
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

John Toth released. No surprise. There's still three centers on the roster, with Ismael likely being released after the last preseason game.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:07 PM   #79
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 49
Posts: 96,732
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Hold on… the top 100 of what?
NFL Top 100 list
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:05 PM   #80
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 18,548
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Hold on… the top 100 of what?
Top 100 Wide Receivers of the NFL
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:16 PM   #81
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,915
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
John Toth released. No surprise. There's still three centers on the roster, with Ismael likely being released after the last preseason game.
Assuming we carry 9 OL ... that 9 spot is going to tough choice btw martin, Ismael and Larsen. perhaps the toughest call this coaching staff needs to make, maybe Wr is.

Leno, Lucas, Schweitzer, Flowers, Roullier, Scherff, Charles, Cosmi = 8

Ill trust the coaching staff on who should be no. 9 but Id rather it be Martin or Ismael bc I see little upside in carrying 30 year old journeyman Larsen .. unless Larsen is serviceable and Martin/Ismael just arent nfl caliber players. if martin/ismael are like Pierschbacher/Christain ... best to move on vs hoping they turn into something they just arent.

I do want to most competent option backing up Roullier as this is a "go for it" season unlike last season.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 05:04 PM   #82
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 53
Posts: 2,576
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Hold on… the top 100 of what?

Top 100 douchebags.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:43 PM   #83
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,581
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Assuming we carry 9 OL ... that 9 spot is going to tough choice btw martin, Ismael and Larsen. perhaps the toughest call this coaching staff needs to make, maybe Wr is.

Leno, Lucas, Schweitzer, Flowers, Roullier, Scherff, Charles, Cosmi = 8

Ill trust the coaching staff on who should be no. 9 but Id rather it be Martin or Ismael bc I see little upside in carrying 30 year old journeyman Larsen .. unless Larsen is serviceable and Martin/Ismael just arent nfl caliber players. if martin/ismael are like Pierschbacher/Christain ... best to move on vs hoping they turn into something they just arent.

I do want to most competent option backing up Roullier as this is a "go for it" season unlike last season.
I don't think there's much hope left in Wes Martin... but I'm with you, there's more upside in keeping Ismael.
But as of now, Larsen is taking reps with the 2s and Ismael with the 3s in pre-season.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:48 AM   #84
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 741
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
1h
Washington cut TE Temarick Hemingway. 3 weeks ago he looked like TE2; a poor performance vs New England and then an injury. Life comes at you fast in the NFL
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:23 PM   #85
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,581
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Listen to Al Galdi's pod, I just realized Torry McTyer is NOT a rookie. I had just assumed he was a UDFA gem that we found. But he entered the league in 2017 ! Played a few games for the Dolphins between 2017 and 2019, then bounced around Chiefs and Bengals practice squads...
He seems to be a near lock to make our 53, and has been flashing a lot in pre season. Crazy how some players seem to find their pic form later than others. And then you need the opportunity to go along with that.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:46 AM   #86
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 54
Posts: 20,051
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Riggosrag breakdown of a projected 53

https://riggosrag.com/2021/08/26/was...-finale/amp/2/

Personally I think Reyes makes the 53

Milne might be the surprise keep though he could most certainly make it to the practice squad.

Hard to believe August is almost over.


Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:24 AM   #87
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 29,275
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Riggosrag breakdown of a projected 53

https://riggosrag.com/2021/08/26/was...-finale/amp/2/

Personally I think Reyes makes the 53

Milne might be the surprise keep though he could most certainly make it to the practice squad.

Hard to believe August is almost over.


Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Totally forgot you can protect 4 practice squad players…the key is getting those you want to protect to the squad.

Lil surprised he would keep Reeves over McCain…I think that’s wrong. Also Apke making it as a special teams ace, I’m for that as long as he never sees the field.

Also Tackle Sharpe, another team will pick him up quickly. He’s great depth, would should try to move him for a late round pick
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

Let’s go Brandon!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:10 AM   #88
GridIron26
Playmaker
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Age: 33
Posts: 2,745
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Listen to Al Galdi's pod, I just realized Torry McTyer is NOT a rookie. I had just assumed he was a UDFA gem that we found. But he entered the league in 2017 ! Played a few games for the Dolphins between 2017 and 2019, then bounced around Chiefs and Bengals practice squads...
He seems to be a near lock to make our 53, and has been flashing a lot in pre season. Crazy how some players seem to find their pic form later than others. And then you need the opportunity to go along with that.
Wow I didn't know that. McTyer will need to play special teams to make it on the team, I don't know how good he is at McTyer. Apke is pretty good special teamer so I think it will be difficult decision for the coaches.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 11:29 AM   #89
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 741
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

I think McTyer may be CB4 based on PS playing time, they seem to like him a lot though Apke also seems to favoured, I wonder if Jimmy Moreland is in trouble, or whether they keep 6 CBs. Having McCain and Curl gives them flexibility in terms of slot corners

If they keep 6 CBs then you would have to imagine one of Everrett or Reeves will be gone, and Everett is the ST captain so Reeves would be in trouble. I can not see them keeping 12 DBs
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:18 PM   #90
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,581
Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Wow I didn't know that. McTyer will need to play special teams to make it on the team, I don't know how good he is at McTyer. Apke is pretty good special teamer so I think it will be difficult decision for the coaches.
He got high praise from JDR, so I think he has a legit shot.
But has EdmundDorf said just above, there will be some hard decisions to be made at DB.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.14165 seconds with 10 queries