Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Taylor Effing Heinicke

Locker Room Main Forum


View Poll Results: Next year Taylor Heinicke will be...
Starting QB for the WFT 15 23.44%
Solid backup for the WFT 32 50.00%
Starter or backup for another team 2 3.13%
I have no clue 15 23.44%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2021, 12:15 PM   #181
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,932
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Turner's playbook is to look for the deep pass first, and then work through progressions.

Maybe if hamstring ever takes the field that will work. It will certainly help take the top off the defense and open up the middle of the field. Logan Thomas will be a big beneficiary and every quarterback loves that safety valve.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2021, 12:25 PM   #182
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 1,475
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

To me as of now TH is like an upgrade on Colt McCoy; reliable back up you usually trust to come in and have a chance to win if your starter goes down, and/or serve as a good starter if your main man is down for more than 1 game. But not a franchise QB. He could be a very good starter if he shows improvement (low sample size) but I don't see him having the tools to be a franchise QB in the making.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 12:26 PM   #183
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 36
Posts: 4,338
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
To me as of now TH is like an upgrade on Colt McCoy; reliable back up you usually trust to come in and have a chance to win if your starter goes down, and/or serve as a good starter if your main man is down for more than 1 game. But not a franchise QB. He could be a very good starter if he shows improvement (low sample size) but I don't see him having the tools to be a franchise QB in the making.
Only difference is Colt McCoy was in the league and played a hell of a lot more games lol. No comparison
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Heineken 2021!
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:50 PM   #184
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,956
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

https://youtu.be/2TzXEOV9sU0

^ finally found a film breakdown of TH vs Bills

I heard Cooley say we have to run a simple "triangle" offense for Heinike nd he said thats fine, you can win with that if its done right. Im not familiar with that in NFL but everyone knows Phils triangle offense in the NBA or basic soccer teachings.

Bills played a ton of single high safety challenging us to beat them deep .. and Heinike just isnt seeing good deep routes, isnt getting the ball out on time. Like he doesnt trust his arm.

Bills had 10 guys within 7 yards of the LOS a lot.

This is what we saw last year with our weak armed QBs. Teams could pack in the D and only worry about defending the first 20 yards from the LOS.

RR said pre season we need to stretch the field and make teams have to defend the entire field. Even if its an incompletion.

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Ron Rivera on creating more explosive plays this year: "Now we have the potential to put 3 or 4 guys on the field that have the potential to go the distance every time. ... The things we did, we did with that express intent," to play faster and to stretch the field vertically.
1:45 PM · Sep 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

---

Signing Fitz and Samuel, drafting Brown = done with express intent to make this offense more vertical ...

so far its the same offense with weak armed QBs and our "explosive" plays are screens going to the house.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:04 PM   #185
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,915
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
https://youtu.be/2TzXEOV9sU0

^ finally found a film breakdown of TH vs Bills

I heard Cooley say we have to run a simple "triangle" offense for Heinike nd he said thats fine, you can win with that if its done right. Im not familiar with that in NFL but everyone knows Phils triangle offense in the NBA or basic soccer teachings.

Bills played a ton of single high safety challenging us to beat them deep .. and Heinike just isnt seeing good deep routes, isnt getting the ball out on time. Like he doesnt trust his arm.

Bills had 10 guys within 7 yards of the LOS a lot.

This is what we saw last year with our weak armed QBs. Teams could pack in the D and only worry about defending the first 20 yards from the LOS.

RR said pre season we need to stretch the field and make teams have to defend the entire field. Even if its an incompletion.

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Ron Rivera on creating more explosive plays this year: "Now we have the potential to put 3 or 4 guys on the field that have the potential to go the distance every time. ... The things we did, we did with that express intent," to play faster and to stretch the field vertically.
1:45 PM · Sep 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

---

Signing Fitz and Samuel, drafting Brown = done with express intent to make this offense more vertical ...

so far its the same offense with weak armed QBs and our "explosive" plays are screens going to the house.
I know there are many advantages of having the potential for a more vertical offense, but yet I see our defense get beaten more often than not with short to intermediate passes.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:33 PM   #186
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,956
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

10:45 mark .. feel kinda bad for Heinike on that int.

Hes ultimately responsible but Terry was standing in the flat open waving his hands at him and the DB sees it and has time to break off his man and step in front of Terry.

---

this guy highlighted maybe 15 passing plays .. I think all 15 Bills were playing single high safety with 10 guys near the LOS.

Last edited by SunnySide; 09-30-2021 at 02:54 PM.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:41 PM   #187
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 1,475
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Only difference is Colt McCoy was in the league and played a hell of a lot more games lol. No comparison
I did say as of now and its a small sample size. There is definitely potential there, but I just don't see him growing into a franchise QB.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:53 AM   #188
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,257
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

So what does the anti Scott Turner crowd have to say after watching that film breakdown? He is obviously calling plays that are getting guys open. Is he supposed to go out and play QB himself? It is a different story once you see things from the eye in the sky.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 09:08 AM   #189
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 29,351
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
https://youtu.be/2TzXEOV9sU0

^ finally found a film breakdown of TH vs Bills

I heard Cooley say we have to run a simple "triangle" offense for Heinike nd he said thats fine, you can win with that if its done right. Im not familiar with that in NFL but everyone knows Phils triangle offense in the NBA or basic soccer teachings.

Bills played a ton of single high safety challenging us to beat them deep .. and Heinike just isnt seeing good deep routes, isnt getting the ball out on time. Like he doesnt trust his arm.

Bills had 10 guys within 7 yards of the LOS a lot.

This is what we saw last year with our weak armed QBs. Teams could pack in the D and only worry about defending the first 20 yards from the LOS.

RR said pre season we need to stretch the field and make teams have to defend the entire field. Even if its an incompletion.

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Ron Rivera on creating more explosive plays this year: "Now we have the potential to put 3 or 4 guys on the field that have the potential to go the distance every time. ... The things we did, we did with that express intent," to play faster and to stretch the field vertically.
1:45 PM · Sep 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

---

Signing Fitz and Samuel, drafting Brown = done with express intent to make this offense more vertical ...

so far its the same offense with weak armed QBs and our "explosive" plays are screens going to the house.
This is a good observation…def agree on Brown and Samuel strategy of bringing the vertical game. Heinicke def doesn’t have he arm talent to push it down field.

The problem I have and I’ve always had…when you don’t have the QB or have an injury with our QB…too lean on an effective running game. Jay failed at this…I think Turner has been better but not great. I’d like to see a more diverse running game, I’d like to see 12 personnel, Etc. I’ve seen Turner abandon the run game.
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

Let’s go Brandon!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 09:39 AM   #190
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 31,806
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Scott Turner's offense isn't about arm strength, it's based around timing. The QBs need to have quick decisions. Also Arm strength is the most overrated aspect of a QB... Look at a guy like Burrow who can be just as deadly as Josh Allen as a passer. Now I will agree that TH has a below AVG NFL Arm so yes that is a problem and is why he was undrafted
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:20 AM   #191
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,257
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Scott Turner's offense isn't about arm strength, it's based around timing. The QBs need to have quick decisions. Also Arm strength is the most overrated aspect of a QB... Look at a guy like Burrow who can be just as deadly as Josh Allen as a passer. Now I will agree that TH has a below AVG NFL Arm so yes that is a problem and is why he was undrafted
It really showed last week. He could not throw into the wind at all. He had no confidence to throw downfield into the wind. We he tried his balls looked like Billy Kilmer.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:25 AM   #192
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,956
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Scott Turner's offense isn't about arm strength, it's based around timing. The QBs need to have quick decisions. Also Arm strength is the most overrated aspect of a QB... Look at a guy like Burrow who can be just as deadly as Josh Allen as a passer. Now I will agree that TH has a below AVG NFL Arm so yes that is a problem and is why he was undrafted
I agree with this bc last year our offense was quick short passes as an extension of the run game ... but I thought maybe that was perhaps him just adjusting and dialing down his playbook bc of personnel (Alex Smith/Allen).

This year I think we made additions to try and get players to fit more of what he wanted .. seemed like going vertical/stretching field/making defense have to defend entire field = what the FO focused on adding this year.

Now w the injury to Fitz we cant do what we want to do (who knows if Fitz wouldve worked out anyway) .. and our figuring out how to harmonize this offense with Taylor Heinike. He doesnt seem to make quick decisions but he does have some scramble ability and ability to hit a seam.

Year 2 and I dont think Scott Turner is getting to run the playbook he wants to.

Thats life in the NFL.

Adapt.

Taylor Heinke isnt Kyle Allen.
Taylor Heinike isnt Fitz.

Hes like something in between ... making his 4th career start.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:44 PM   #193
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 49
Posts: 96,793
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Most glaring issue this week was his accuracy, or lack thereof. Missed too many wide open guys. And when he hesitates, he simply doesn't have the arm strength to make up for it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:04 PM   #194
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,932
Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Most glaring issue this week was his accuracy, or lack thereof. Missed too many wide open guys. And when he hesitates, he simply doesn't have the arm strength to make up for it.

Definitely accuracy issues but I think he hesitates like you said and than when he commits it is still hesitation as opposed to arm strength. We have seen him make throws off his back foot and across the field running the other way. I dont feel like arm strength is the issue as much as confidence that he can make the throw in the first place. But at that point either throw it away or slide and live another day. The worst thing u can do is hesitate and than commit late.
Like Okie said - quick decisions. Not stalled ones.
That is confidence / fear of turning it over.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:26 PM   #195
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 54
Posts: 20,185
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

5 games.

With sometimes shifty play calling.

And some shitty throws.

One healthy main weapon and the right side of his OL injured.

Still 5 games.

Many bigger issues then Heinicke.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.16405 seconds with 11 queries