Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Taylor Effing Heinicke

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Next year Taylor Heinicke will be...
Starting QB for the WFT 15 23.08%
Solid backup for the WFT 33 50.77%
Starter or backup for another team 2 3.08%
I have no clue 15 23.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2021, 04:32 PM   #211
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You can't convince me that it's equally on the offense and defense. If the defense doesn't give up a hail Mary with no effort, we win the saints game. If the defense makes one stop in the last 5 minutes, I think we have a good shot to win the saints game. If Heinicke played the whole Chargers game, maybe we win that one too. Fitz did nothing the first half.

Heinicke isn't Favre, he probably isn't the answer, but the defense needs to get its act together. Not that it will.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Do we win the Saints game if we don't give up the Hail Mary?

Heinicke was throwing picks with a complete lack of pressure on him.

Not saying he might not have that Kirk Cousins moment where everything clicks and he starts slinging guns all day but until it happens we can't sit around hoping it will.

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2021, 04:41 PM   #212
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Do we win the Saints game if we don't give up the Hail Mary?

Heinicke was throwing picks with a complete lack of pressure on him.

Not saying he might not have that Kirk Cousins moment where everything clicks and he starts slinging guns all day but until it happens we can't sit around hoping it will.
Yes we win the game minus that hail Mary, especially if they could defend the 72 yard uncontested pitch and toss Td, stop the Saints on their last TD drive.

I do think if you give Heinicke the ball with 2 minutes to go, 1 score down you have a good shot at a win.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 04:46 PM   #213
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Taylor Effing Heinicke

This is about 5 weeks not 1.
We are scoring enough to win. Pretty much every week. The argument that the offense should do more is ludicrous. Our D gives up 31 points a game! No quarterback is overcoming that. Look at KC. They are 32nd in points allowed and they got a damn good quarterback. Same record as us.
Anyone who thinks we would be better than 2-3 with a better quarterback is kidding themselves. Just look at the best quarterback in football right now.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:01 PM   #214
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Through 5 weeks, the defense has been consistently bad. That cannot be argued.

Through 5 weeks, the offense has been surprisingly good at times, but sometimes pretty bad. There are only six teams that are turning the ball over more than this team, and they are averaging less than two points in the first quarter so far. Not a recipe for success if you ask me.

Throw in Hopkins' woes, and I think the point is that all three phases have contributed to where this team is right now. There's plenty of blame to go around.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:34 PM   #215
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The offense isn’t the greatest show on turf but like others have said it has been serviceable at worst overall. TH had a bad game last week. As a unit it has had its ups and downs.

The defense has not been serviceable at best. There may be plenty of blame to go around but it is crystal clear where the majority of it goes. Now you want to blame the coaches for the defense over the players have at it. But there is no way im blaming the offense as much as the defense. It isn’t even close. Our defense in some ways is historically bad. I can live with the offense. It aint perfect but I can live with it for now.

It will be extremely clear and on display again this week when they beat us 109-42. Normally 42 will win you in a game. Just not with this defense.
Old 10-12-2021, 05:45 PM   #216
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

“How they've improved: There aren't many candidates here -- maybe returner DeAndre Carter -- but Heinicke certainly qualifies when you compare him to where he was in 2020: attending classes at Old Dominion University. He was just about done thinking he'd be back in the NFL. For that reason alone, he is the WFT's most improved player. Heinicke has his limitations, and they're on display against really good defenses -- four combined picks in losses to Buffalo and New Orleans. But he has thrown for 1,208 yards and eight touchdowns (with five picks), and he has led two late, game-winning drives. His future might just be as a solid backup, but a year ago he was an NFL afterthought.” -- John Keim
Old 10-12-2021, 07:02 PM   #217
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I don't think anyone is blaming the offense as much as the defense. That would be indefensible.

The offense has been a pleasant surprise overall. I expected improvement from last year, mostly because there had to be, and so far I think we're getting it. Now, if they could just cut down on the turnovers and put a little pressure on the opponent by scoring some early points, it would be even better. With how bad this defense is playing, giving extra possessions away is no bueno.

Crazy, we're all ok with a "serviceable" offense, and I think that is about what I expected this year. That in and of itself is depressing.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:21 PM   #218
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

Crazy, we're all ok with a "serviceable" offense, and I think that is about what I expected this year. That in and of itself is depressing.
We knew that we didn't have a franchise qb and were going from a 32nd ranked offense. We basically hoped for stability at the qb position. In addition our free agent splash Samuel has been MIA, we are without the right side of our line, our main compliment to McLaurin is out, our hopeful rookie receiver is out. And our star rb has a fractured shin.

12th in scoring is pretty damn good, and I don't feel bad being happy with that. Yes a few plays could have been better. The first quarter issues could definitely be better. But I am not depressed about the offense at all.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 08:52 PM   #219
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Taylor Effing Heinicke

Watching our offense:

Not jumping up and down but enjoying.

Watching our defense:

Absolutely disgusted and embarrassed for them.

Last edited by punch it in; 10-12-2021 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:13 PM   #220
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Watching our offense:

Not jumping up and down but enjoying.

Watching our defense:

Absolutely disgusted and embarrassed for them.
Lol
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:16 PM   #221
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
We knew that we didn't have a franchise qb and were going from a 32nd ranked offense. We basically hoped for stability at the qb position. In addition our free agent splash Samuel has been MIA, we are without the right side of our line, our main compliment to McLaurin is out, our hopeful rookie receiver is out. And our star rb has a fractured shin.

12th in scoring is pretty damn good, and I don't feel bad being happy with that. Yes a few plays could have been better. The first quarter issues could definitely be better. But I am not depressed about the offense at all.

I have acknowledged that there weren't a lot of expectations with regard to the offense, especially as compared to the defense. But just in general, it is depressing (to me) that we are cool with a "serviceable" offense.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:01 AM   #222
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Carter has been legit. He will be a stud WR2 soon
Old 10-13-2021, 07:00 AM   #223
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
I have acknowledged that there weren't a lot of expectations with regard to the offense, especially as compared to the defense. But just in general, it is depressing (to me) that we are cool with a "serviceable" offense.

I think we are saying that at worst it has been serviceable. There is nothing wrong with a low ceiling that is serviceable is there?
Doesn’t mean at best it is superb but I never feel like they do not have a chance to move the ball and or score.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:14 AM   #224
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
But weren't we kind of expecting only a serviceable offense with Fitz being signed as our number 1? We basically went into the season with some upgraded receivers, and 3 back up qbs...
Our d was supposed to be the thing that was above average. I think our offense was always going to be considered only average at best.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:20 AM   #225
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
But weren't we kind of expecting only a serviceable offense with Fitz being signed as our number 1? We basically went into the season with some upgraded receivers, and 3 back up qbs...
Our d was supposed to be the thing that was above average. I think our offense was always going to be considered only average at best.

Now all we have is a serviceable offense and a dismantled defense.