Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #796
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Free Agency/Franchise Tag thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What if the only way to get Cullen Jenkins was to sign his brother? Is he worth that?
I'm okay bringing in Kris Jenkins for a reasonable contract. From what I saw on Hard Knocks, he seems to be a good locker room guy. Plus he's got good experience at the NT position on a very good defensive team. He could be an asset to help bring up the young D-linemen we drafted.
R.I.P. #21

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #797
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
And no where in this article is there a mention of us getting a CB. We have to have one, thats more important than signing beat up kris jenkins or santonio holmes.
NFL.com news: Redskins prepared to make run on big free agents after lockout

In this article, JLC said that Redskins plans to pursue to resign Philip Buchanon.. I think it's starting to look obvious that Redskins like Kevin Barnes as a replacement .
Old 07-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #798
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
NFL.com news: Redskins prepared to make run on big free agents after lockout

In this article, JLC said that Redskins plans to pursue to resign Philip Buchanon.. I think it's starting to look obvious that Redskins like Kevin Barnes as a replacement .
eehh...alright, but I think we should definitely make Nnamdi, JJ, and Ike Taylor offers and see if any of them will accept. If not then I guess I'm fine with Barnes starting at CB.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #799
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
eehh...alright, but I think we should definitely make Nnamdi, JJ, and Ike Taylor offers and see if any of them will accept. If not then I guess I'm fine with Barnes starting at CB.
I want Barnes to have a chance to start, after sitting for 2 years.. I like Joseph out of those three.. Well, of course I would love to have Nnamdi but I expect him to be well out of our budget range, which leaves to Joseph and Taylor. Arizona traded Taylor back to Steelers for a reason and then Steelers apparently won't resign him for a reason. I do not want to find out what the reason is.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #800
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I want Barnes to have a chance to start, after sitting for 2 years.. I like Joseph out of those three.. Well, of course I would love to have Nnamdi but I expect him to be well out of our budget range, which leaves to Joseph and Taylor. Arizona traded Taylor back to Steelers for a reason and then Steelers apparently won't resign him for a reason. I do not want to find out what the reason is.
You're thinking of Bryant McFadden. And McFadden is nowhere near the caliber of a player like Ike Taylor. Ikes fast, really fast, tall, and physical, he has better hands than Carlos Rodgers (then again who doesn't). He gets some picks, he knows this defense, the negative is that he'll be 31 opening day.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #801
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
You're thinking of Bryant McFadden. And McFadden is nowhere near the caliber of a player like Ike Taylor. Ikes fast, really fast, tall, and physical, he has better hands than Carlos Rodgers (then again who doesn't). He gets some picks, he knows this defense, the negative is that he'll be 31 opening day.
I just think there are too many question marks surrounding taylor. Like you said, his age is a big issue for me. Also the steelers traditionally make pretty much anyone in the secondary look better than they are due to their great pass rush and disguises. The steelers have no other corners, polamalu isn't the best in coverage, clark is getting up there in years, and yet they don't seem to be looking to resign taylor. That raises more questions in my mind. Maybe Taylor is all that, but I wouldn't sign him just because I have too many questions about him.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #802
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I just think there are too many question marks surrounding taylor. Like you said, his age is a big issue for me. Also the steelers traditionally make pretty much anyone in the secondary look better than they are due to their great pass rush and disguises. The steelers have no other corners, polamalu isn't the best in coverage, clark is getting up there in years, and yet they don't seem to be looking to resign taylor. That raises more questions in my mind. Maybe Taylor is all that, but I wouldn't sign him just because I have too many questions about him.
First off though, he's 1 year older than Nnamdi.

Second off the Steelers would LOVE to have him back and want to resign him, but their not about the Big Bucks which is what Ikes looking for. He's their best corner on their team, and probably the second best in terms of coverage in their entire secondary.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #803
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Oh geez you are right lol.. I still want to give Barnes a chance though
Old 07-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #804
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Latest rumor Is Bush going to Miami. Nnamdi to Houston but who knows
Old 07-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #805
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Rumor around here from my Lions fan friends is that Carlos Rogers is going to Detroit.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:54 AM   #806
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Good see ya Los
Old 07-16-2011, 08:00 AM   #807
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Rogers would excel in Jim Schwartz' scheme. The Lions apparently are going to leverage the number of starting caliber corners who are UFAs and will not pay Nnamdi to do a job that Jonathon Joseph or Carlos Rogers could do cheaper.

I kind of think Joseph is going to be the overpaid player amongst corners. He's the youngest one of the group, but I feel like his struggles in Cincinnati are being overshadowed by the success he enjoyed in 2009 now that anyone can buy his services. This isn't an uncommon phenomenon.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #808
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Taylor has oven-mitts on his hands as well. But no one is quite like Carlos in that respect.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #809
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Going to lock this and start a fresh NFL free agency thread
Old 07-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #810
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

You haven't locked it yet.
Closed Thread