Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

2022 Midterms thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-30-2022, 11:18 AM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

2022 Midterms thread

Figure we should have a thread to discuss all the candidates and the election results.

I'll start with this guy:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...1aafd4817f5148

Lied about his combat experience, but it doesn't matter to his supporters because he has the (R) beside his name. This is America 2022.

"Asked by Insider why he painted a QAnon symbol on his lawn, Majewski replied: "Why does it matter?"

^I enjoyed this gem too - why does being a Q supporter matter? Well it matters when you're trying to run for public office to represent a district full of people.
Old 10-30-2022, 12:36 PM   #2
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: 2022 Midterms thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kari_Lake

Another Republican mental midget!
Old 10-31-2022, 10:39 AM   #3
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://ballotpedia.org/Howard_Count...llot_(Maryland)

^^ heres my sample ballot

Voting for governor, lt gov, MD atty gen, MD comptroller, US senate seat, US house of rep seat, judges, state house of delegates

No county executive on my ballot? I imagine thats in error, county executive is probably the only vote that will impact my life in any way

--------

Just gonna vote blue .... 90% sure im going Calvin Ball over Kittlemen for county exec
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:51 AM   #4
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I like Glassman and what he did to improve expansion of fios and internet into rural areas of Harford County. I am voting him for Comptroller. Definitely not voting for Dan Cox we don't need some one that hates children in the governor's mansion.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/marylan...mfi-story.html
Old 10-31-2022, 11:21 AM   #5
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I like Glassman and what he did to improve expansion of fios and internet into rural areas of Harford County. I am voting him for Comptroller. Definitely not voting for Dan Cox we don't need some one that hates children in the governor's mansion.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/marylan...mfi-story.html
I, like 99% of the voters, know nothing about the comptroller candidates .. I have a vague idea of what a comptroller does, control the purse.

Heres an article on the 2 candidates.

Wash Post endorses glassman but article points out his voting record is conservative right wing and not maryland progressive right wing

https://www.marylandmatters.org/2022...al-republican/

------

voting to legalize marijuana .. didnt know that. kinda torn, I dont want longer lines at my dispensary. I feel like some Cuban/hispanic voters .. now that i got "in", I dont want anyone else joining the party
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 11:38 AM   #6
Fishingfool
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Figure we should have a thread to discuss all the candidates and the election results.

I'll start with this guy:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...1aafd4817f5148

Lied about his combat experience, but it doesn't matter to his supporters because he has the (R) beside his name. This is America 2022.

"Asked by Insider why he painted a QAnon symbol on his lawn, Majewski replied: "Why does it matter?"

^I enjoyed this gem too - why does being a Q supporter matter? Well it matters when you're trying to run for public office to represent a district full of people.
Funny you say that but then post an article with this title. "A MAGA House candidate in Ohio was abandoned by the national GOP after questions about his military service. He could make it to Congress anyway.
bmetzger@insider.com (Bryan Metzger) - Yesterday 6:00 AM
Fishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:00 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingfool View Post
Funny you say that but then post an article with this title. "A MAGA House candidate in Ohio was abandoned by the national GOP after questions about his military service. He could make it to Congress anyway.
bmetzger@insider.com (Bryan Metzger) - Yesterday 6:00 AM
Well I guess I'm basing that off of this quote in the article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the article
Attendees at the Tuesday event largely consisted of Majewski's long-time supporters and a handful of local GOP officials, most of whom spoke about the importance of defeating Majewski's opponent, the long-serving Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur. They agreed that despite his dubious claims about his military record, he was still their man.
So yeah, maybe the national GOP pulled their financial support - but does it matter if locals who are picking between him and a liberal don't change their opinion? They'd rather have a lying conservative than a liberal.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:20 AM   #8
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

So yeah, maybe the national GOP pulled their financial support - but does it matter if locals who are picking between him and a liberal don't change their opinion? They'd rather have a lying conservative than a liberal.
Well when you believe the lies the politicians tell you...
Old 11-02-2022, 08:32 AM   #9
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Michigan Republican candidate recorded saying Democrats drink the blood of children and ‘sell baby body parts’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...06e1e761be38f0

More of chico's people

A Michigan Republican spoke to a QAnon podcast just after the 2020 election where she made some bizarre comments about Democrats, Vice News found.

Kristina Karamo, who is seen as an extremist in the race to control elections as the Michigan Secretary of State, talked about "child sacrifice" by the Democratic Party.

“If you go to the Satanic temple website, they have an entire five-minute video explaining why abortion is a religious ritual,” she said interview. “They literally say that it is a sacrifice, it is a religious ritual for them to have an abortion, it is sick. And as you mentioned, the baby body parts… they sell the organs. There’s a ton of money involved in freshly harvested organs. There’s so much evidence out there.”

Organs aren't fully formed during an abortion and wouldn't help anyone, but that logic escaped Karamo, who described it as a kind of church service happening on Satanic altars instead of in medical clinics. The belief is consistent with one of the main QAnon conspiracies and the concept of drinking the blood of the young was a key piece of the PizzaGate conspiracy theory, in which the right claims Democrats are keeping children in basements to drink their blood. A gunman showed up at the local neighborhood pizza parlor known for being a fun place for families as a result of the lies.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 09:42 PM   #10
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Michigan Republican candidate recorded saying Democrats drink the blood of children and ‘sell baby body parts’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...06e1e761be38f0

More of chico's people

A Michigan Republican spoke to a QAnon podcast just after the 2020 election where she made some bizarre comments about Democrats, Vice News found.

Kristina Karamo, who is seen as an extremist in the race to control elections as the Michigan Secretary of State, talked about "child sacrifice" by the Democratic Party.

“If you go to the Satanic temple website, they have an entire five-minute video explaining why abortion is a religious ritual,” she said interview. “They literally say that it is a sacrifice, it is a religious ritual for them to have an abortion, it is sick. And as you mentioned, the baby body parts… they sell the organs. There’s a ton of money involved in freshly harvested organs. There’s so much evidence out there.”

Organs aren't fully formed during an abortion and wouldn't help anyone, but that logic escaped Karamo, who described it as a kind of church service happening on Satanic altars instead of in medical clinics. The belief is consistent with one of the main QAnon conspiracies and the concept of drinking the blood of the young was a key piece of the PizzaGate conspiracy theory, in which the right claims Democrats are keeping children in basements to drink their blood. A gunman showed up at the local neighborhood pizza parlor known for being a fun place for families as a result of the lies.

These people were spawned by the Maga king. They truly are the dumbest mother fuckers in the world. Problem is there are a shit ton of dumb mother fuckers and they all fall in line and vote for the best dumb mother fuckers.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 10:44 AM   #11
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Karamo is way off.

We don't sell the baby organs we stick them in the back yard compost to grow our organic tomatoes.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:14 AM   #12
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Karamo is way off.

We don't sell the baby organs we stick them in the back yard compost to grow our organic tomatoes.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 04:18 PM   #13
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Karamo is way off.

chic might understand better.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #14
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Karamo is way off.

Oh that's smart, I should try that sometime. Normally I just crack their neck open and drink that sweet baby juice, it's better than the best protein supplement on the market.
Old 11-02-2022, 10:01 PM   #15
nonniey
The Starter

I had to vote for Katie Hobbs (AZ Gov race) and I can't stand her policies. Politics has really sucked the last few cycles.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote