Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


MLB thread

Other Sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2021, 10:09 PM   #571
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 32,527
Re: MLB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It is beyond stupid that the Giants and Dodgers square off in the divisional series. Gotta retool that whole thing.
I hate when people cry about this. Actually makes the race for that division that more compelling. Nuances like this makes the playoffs more interesting
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2021, 01:11 AM   #572
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 20,809
MLB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I hate when people cry about this. Actually makes the race for that division that more compelling. Nuances like this makes the playoffs more interesting

Bullshit. It allows a shit team to advance and takes the two best teams out of the championship series. Nobody wants to see some team from a weak ass division get their asses whooped in the CS. Division race still means home field, unless you are in a weak ass division than - again- who cares. I vote for an exciting CS over a race between two or three average teams playing whoever down the stretch. The race should be to get in and get top seed.

Last edited by punch it in; 10-15-2021 at 07:34 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:35 AM   #573
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 20,809
Re: MLB thread

No way I should have to watch the Braves instead of the Giants going forward.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:09 AM   #574
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 32,527
Re: MLB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
No way I should have to watch the Braves instead of the Giants going forward.
LolÖ.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:44 AM   #575
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 20,809
Re: MLB thread

I know you are all about it but if that division series was a 7 game NLCS it would be great for the sport.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:56 AM   #576
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 20,809
Re: MLB thread

Ill tell ya what just seed according to record after all the division races. Division winners still get in but than itbis seeded by record. They will do that eventually.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:08 AM   #577
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 4,794
Re: MLB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Bullshit. It allows a shit team to advance and takes the two best teams out of the championship series. Nobody wants to see some team from a weak ass division get their asses whooped in the CS. Division race still means home field, unless you are in a weak ass division than - again- who cares. I vote for an exciting CS over a race between two or three average teams playing whoever down the stretch. The race should be to get in and get top seed.

God damn I'm going to agree with Chico.
Leave this as is. Stop trying to micromanage the game.

The division structure works so you can get underdog teams in the playoffs.
The alternative is to go to an NBA structure and allow the top 4 teams in the playoffs so the Dodgers will get in every year. I'm glad they had to fight to stay in. The Braves have a shot at going to the series!

F Joc "Stupid ass pearls" Peterson!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:28 AM   #578
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 16,962
Re: MLB thread

Punch makes it sound like the Braves finished the season 70-92 and beat a 73 win team in the 1st round.

We won 88 games and beat a 95 win team in the NLDS to make it to the NLCS.

2nd half of the season after making some trades, they went 44-28, .611 winning %, a 99 win pace. And they did it all with missing Acuna. They absolutely deserve to be here.
__________________
It's March, sell the team you stupid little bitch.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:36 AM   #579
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 61
Posts: 4,842
Re: MLB thread

Go stros
Haters gonna hate
Did they cheat? yeah apparently they did,but you've got to be naive as hell to believe they were the only ones.And how much did it even help them? They had a better road record then at home,but whatever
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:39 AM   #580
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 16,962
Re: MLB thread

The only way to make it "fair" would be to eliminate all divisions and both leagues and all teams play every other team the same number of games and the same number of home/away games.

Expand the season to 174 games and every team plays the other 29 teams 6 times, 3 at home, 3 on the road. Top 8 teams make the playoffs based on record.

Then it will be perfectly "fair" and boring as fuck.
__________________
It's March, sell the team you stupid little bitch.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 04:43 PM   #581
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,817
Re: MLB thread

I do like the idea of a seven game division series but one of the beauties of baseball is how difficult it is to make the playoffs let alone go far
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:48 PM   #582
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 32,527
Re: MLB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
God damn I'm going to agree with Chico.
Leave this as is. Stop trying to micromanage the game.

The division structure works so you can get underdog teams in the playoffs.
The alternative is to go to an NBA structure and allow the top 4 teams in the playoffs so the Dodgers will get in every year. I'm glad they had to fight to stay in. The Braves have a shot at going to the series!

F Joc "Stupid ass pearls" Peterson!
Young Joc Peterson been a hit.

Letís hope so, the damn Dodgers are so damn strong
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 12:52 PM   #583
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 20,809
Re: MLB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Punch makes it sound like the Braves finished the season 70-92 and beat a 73 win team in the 1st round.

We won 88 games and beat a 95 win team in the NLDS to make it to the NLCS.

2nd half of the season after making some trades, they went 44-28, .611 winning %, a 99 win pace. And they did it all with missing Acuna. They absolutely deserve to be here.

Nope. I make it sound like they will lose to either of the two best teams in baseball and that Giants vs Dodgers is the premier matchup in mlb this year. The end.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 12:58 PM   #584
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 20,809
Re: MLB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
God damn I'm going to agree with Chico.
Leave this as is. Stop trying to micromanage the game.

The division structure works so you can get underdog teams in the playoffs.
The alternative is to go to an NBA structure and allow the top 4 teams in the playoffs so the Dodgers will get in every year. I'm glad they had to fight to stay in. The Braves have a shot at going to the series!

F Joc "Stupid ass pearls" Peterson!

Every sport should be top
Teams by record from each conference and seeded in order. If you are a division winner and miss the cut it is because you stink and beat nobody outside your weak division. At the end of the day it is simple. Win your games. The more you win the better your spot in the playoffs.
Of course the Braves have a shot to go, BUT they were rewarded with an easier matchup than a team with 107 wins was. I know people donít like change, but fair is fair. Win your freaking games if you want better matchups and home field or court. Ill never stop posting about it until Im heard. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 01:18 PM   #585
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 16,962
Re: MLB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Nope. I make it sound like they will lose to either of the two best teams in baseball and that Giants vs Dodgers is the premier matchup in mlb this year. The end.
So get rid of leagues and divisions and playoffs. The top 2 teams go directly to the World Series. That ensures you get the "premier" match-up every year.
__________________
It's March, sell the team you stupid little bitch.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21051 seconds with 10 queries