Twitter burns as Owners ratify

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-24-2011, 01:41 AM   #151
FRPLG
MVP

Re: Twitter burns as Owners ratify

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I think the NFL has pretty much hit it's ceiling for revenue or damn near close. You need only look at the economy to understand this. Wages aren't getting any higher but inflation is/has rising steadily. It comes down to a max you'll be able to squeeze out of companies for advertising.
I think you are showing that economics is maybe not your strong suit. The NFL basically maintained or grew their revenues (depending on how you look at it) during the worst economic time period in decades. Their ceiling for revenue is high...very high. And that is the main driving force behind this entire situation.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #152
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Looks like everything is hashed out.
Just need for the player reps to vote tomorrow.
Sources: NFL owners, players come to deal on all points
Old 07-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #153
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You guys are speaking right in my wheelhouse, these are exactly the things I work on. But, I can't and don't discuss specifics here. So I'll just say...can't wait for some NFL moves finally next week
lol......... would it be a safe assumption to maybe double what it is now?(give or take a billion)
Old 07-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #154
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Looks like everything is hashed out.
Just need for the player reps to vote tomorrow.
Sources: NFL owners, players come to deal on all points
Yay! Futbol. Errr, I mean, Football!!! Free agency is going to be exciting.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #155
MTK
\m/

We have a (proposed) deal | National Football Post
Old 07-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #156
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I think you are showing that economics is maybe not your strong suit. The NFL basically maintained or grew their revenues (depending on how you look at it) during the worst economic time period in decades. Their ceiling for revenue is high...very high. And that is the main driving force behind this entire situation.
I know economics quite well, and them thriving in a economic downturn doesn't mean jack. Many corporations out there thrived in a economic downturn. GE had 14 billion in profits last year, and oil companies...well, record profits. The main driving force behind this entire situation is the owners want a bigger percentage of the profits. It's always been about greed. It's not about money so they can invest in new stadiums, because they are just going to hold their cities hostage over that.

How many season ticket holders are going to continue paying with a 50% increase to tickets? parking? concessions? I say that, but normal people are just as stupid with their money as NFL players are. Instead of buying bling, they finance NFL tickets. Their ceiling may be high, but you fail to realize is that average income hasn't risen like it should have over the years. Inflation has caught up and bit us in the ass. Sure you may be doing great, but a good portion of the nation are not. They are trying to make ends meat.

The economy will rebound, but doesn't account for jobs continuing to be shipped overseas because some foreign kid will do it for 1/10 of the cost you do it at. Companies can't keep throwing money into advertising without passing it on to the consumers, and how's that going to work? It's not. Pay isn't rising, but inflation is.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #157
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I know economics quite well, and them thriving in a economic downturn doesn't mean jack. Many corporations out there thrived in a economic downturn. GE had 14 billion in profits last year, and oil companies...well, record profits. The main driving force behind this entire situation is the owners want a bigger percentage of the profits. It's always been about greed. It's not about money so they can invest in new stadiums, because they are just going to hold their cities hostage over that.

How many season ticket holders are going to continue paying with a 50% increase to tickets? parking? concessions? I say that, but normal people are just as stupid with their money as NFL players are. Instead of buying bling, they finance NFL tickets. Their ceiling may be high, but you fail to realize is that average income hasn't risen like it should have over the years. Inflation has caught up and bit us in the ass. Sure you may be doing great, but a good portion of the nation are not. They are trying to make ends meat.

The economy will rebound, but doesn't account for jobs continuing to be shipped overseas because some foreign kid will do it for 1/10 of the cost you do it at. Companies can't keep throwing money into advertising without passing it on to the consumers, and how's that going to work? It's not. Pay isn't rising, but inflation is.
Inflation has not been that high. In fact, the highest average yearly inflation percentage was 4.1% in 2007.
Current Inflation Rates | Monthly and Yearly Chart, Graph and Table: 2001-2011 Data - US Inflation Calculator

Not only that, but cheaper labor costs means an increase in profits, which the corporation or partnership or sole proprietorship can then use to lease out those luxury boxes, which provides a rather significant chunk of the revenue that teams get.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #158
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Inflation has not been that high. In fact, the highest average yearly inflation percentage was 4.1% in 2007.
Current Inflation Rates | Monthly and Yearly Chart, Graph and Table: 2001-2011 Data - US Inflation Calculator

Not only that, but cheaper labor costs means an increase in profits, which the corporation or partnership or sole proprietorship can then use to lease out those luxury boxes, which provides a rather significant chunk of the revenue that teams get.
I wasn't implying that inflation is sky high. I'm comparing it to the rise of family income. I think the average median family income in most states were down, while inflation rose.

Income Data - State Median Income - U.S Census Bureau

I maybe 100% wrong on the NFL nearing it's max revenue, but I think we'll know soon enough. If the economy continues to dump, don't expect it.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote