What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 06-04-2019, 12:34 PM   #2011
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Late 70's through early 80's Hemet, California. That was a 1970 Chevelle 454 SS. Fast forward to the early 90's I restored a 1972 Chevelle Malibu 350 when I lived in San Clemente and moved to Riverside Ca, people parking on top of me no matter how far away I parked away.

From San Clemente to Beaverdam...

Military?

I live in Carlsbad.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #2012
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
When people do 45 sets on 1 machine at the gym.

Some times the love of your life decides to do squats right in front of you so you need 41 extra sets.

It's the naked old guy in the locker room with one leg on the bench swinging his old man balls around like a god damn pendulum that kills me.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:30 PM   #2013
JPPT1974
Special Teams

A lot but working out as feels very good! Plus nearly two years eating salads without dressing or cheese, really makes me feel healthy.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #2014
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
From San Clemente to Beaverdam...

Military?

I live in Carlsbad.
Nope. I had considered fleeing California for some time. I had been carrying on a long distance relationship with a women in Virginia for many years, she works for the Feds. Being a small machine shop owner with customers all over the country where I lived really didn't matter, so I moved.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #2015
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Going to the MVA to take care of documentation for the federal REAL ID act. Apparently I have to show your social security card and birth certificate just to get a driver’s license. Yeah I feel so much safer now that some random stranger just scanned my birth certificate and social. What a joke
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:48 PM   #2016
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Going to the MVA to take care of documentation for the federal REAL ID act. Apparently I have to show your social security card and birth certificate just to get a driver’s license. Yeah I feel so much safer now that some random stranger just scanned my birth certificate and social. What a joke
Do you really need your birth certificate to get one? Seems like overkill.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:40 PM   #2017
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
In Maryland you do...............

Two piece's of ID , passport or Original SS card...they didn't look at my birth certificate.

.........and

A bill or bank statment with your name and address on it,they took my...........

Car registration and electric bill.

.........I already had the ID but need my documents vetted ,once I got in it took 5 mins.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:43 AM   #2018
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
It could have been an up to date passport but alas I have not been out of the country since I have had kids so no passport that I could use.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:39 PM   #2019
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
In Maryland you do...............

Two piece's of ID , passport or Original SS card...they didn't look at my birth certificate.

.........and

A bill or bank statment with your name and address on it,they took my...........

Car registration and electric bill.

.........I already had the ID but need my documents vetted ,once I got in it took 5 mins.
Same thing in Virginia!
Quote:
It could have been an up to date passport but alas I have not been out of the country since I have had kids so no passport that I could use.
I've never had a Passport...so I'm in a tough situation.

It really sux for me...I just got a new driver's license last summer and it should be good for 5 years. But because of the Real ID mandate, I am going to have to get a new driver's license before October of next year.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2019, 05:51 PM   #2020
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I just went and got mine today, I thought if I arrived at 2:20 pm on a Wednesday in the middle of the month maybe I'd be able to get in and out.

The amount of documentation you need is ridiculous. They needed my passport, social security card, drivers license and a piece of mail (no phone bill) to run it.

I thought I might be able to beat the crowd since it doesn't go into effect until Oct. 2020 in VA, but I was 15th in line to do it after I checked in. If it's this bad now can't imagine how bad it's going to be when it goes into effect.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:40 PM   #2021
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
I just went and got mine today, I thought if I arrived at 2:20 pm on a Wednesday in the middle of the month maybe I'd be able to get in and out.

The amount of documentation you need is ridiculous. They needed my passport, social security card, drivers license and a piece of mail (no phone bill) to run it.

I thought I might be able to beat the crowd since it doesn't go into effect until Oct. 2020 in VA, but I was 15th in line to do it after I checked in. If it's this bad now can't imagine how bad it's going to be when it goes into effect.
I hear ya...I am planning on getting the Real ID version of the license next summer. So hopefully I can beat the crowds by a few months at least.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2019, 09:34 AM   #2022
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
Same thing in Virginia! I've never had a Passport...so I'm in a tough situation.

It really sux for me...I just got a new driver's license last summer and it should be good for 5 years. But because of the Real ID mandate, I am going to have to get a new driver's license before October of next year.

I was in the same situation in Maryland mine had the star up in the corner but my paper work hadn't been vented yet . That's all they will do if you have the star you won't need to get a new license .
Old 06-25-2019, 10:53 AM   #2023
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Couple things lately:

First that Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus song...I swear to god this is garbage. Why do I know that anything with Billy Ray Cyrus will be garbage, but nobody else does?

Slow Drains...nothing pisses me off more than my feet taking a bath in the shower.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:33 PM   #2024
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I've been doing a lot of driving for the last three months and can I say that

INTERSTATE 95 in DELAWARE and NORTHERN Virginia ........both suck the suck out of suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean those roads just absolutely effing suck!
Old 06-25-2019, 10:34 PM   #2025
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I've been doing a lot of driving for the last three months and can I say that

[B]INTERSTATE 95 in DELAWARE and NORTHERN Virginia ........both suck the suck out of suck!!!!!!!!!!!!![/B]

I mean those roads just absolutely effing suck!
Lolol.

/lived off I-95 in nova for 17 years now.

It's only bad because it's summer and also traffic has increased with Metro's blue line south of Reagan Nat'l shut down for the summer.

But I-95 from Fredericksburg to Springfield was also a shitshow before that, they said changing the HOV lanes to HOT lanes would help but all the blue collars can't afford to pay anywhere from 10-40 bucks one way to drive on it. At least some Aussie company is making beaucoup dollars though, right?