Edit Option.

Playbook

Old 08-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #16
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Edit Option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I notoriously edit my posts, but only if I miss a tiny thing like a letter in a word here and there. Only once or twice in 5 years on this board have I totally deleted an entire post of mine. As far as total content goes, once you've posted, you've posted. Your feelings at the moment are out there. You had the chance to proofread before hitting "submit reply." Shit happens, I guess. See the drunk thread.
This. I edit plenty of times, but 99% of the time it's because I realized I was typing so fast I forgot to throw an entire word in there.

Advertisements
Old 08-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #17
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This. I edit plenty of times, but 99% of the time it's because I realized I was typing so fast I forgot to throw an entire word in there.
I just need it mainly so I can go back to the first post of my threads and update information. Particularly the game tape threads and the annual pre-draft visit thread. Otherwise the thread just gets cluttered and it becomes to difficult to find stuff.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #18
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I just need it mainly so I can go back to the first post of my threads and update information. Particularly the game tape threads and the annual pre-draft visit thread. Otherwise the thread just gets cluttered and it becomes to difficult to find stuff.
Special needs dictate special circumstances. Unfortunately I'm not the one who handles that so good luck . Although I do understand your situation.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #19
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Special needs dictate special circumstances. Unfortunately I'm not the one who handles that so good luck . Although I do understand your situation.
The only thing I really want to do is be able to go back to the opening post on my threads and edit them the way I like, especially when either new information comes along or I finish a new video. It sucks and it's tedious having to bother a mod especially for someone like me who changes their mind a 1,000 times before he's satisfied. Like I only get one shot to edit it after it closes and again it goes back to 2 trolls ruining this for the rest of the forum and I don't think thats fair.

Like on this thread, how much would it suck to look through the whole thing for all the videos? And I had to go through 3 or 4 different formats before I found the one I liked.
http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...ee-agents.html
(Note how it was originally posted on 7/31 and last edited on 8/6)

http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-...gh-school.html
Threads like this also take a lot of editing though I admit I might have been able to finish it within the current window allowed for editing. Sometimes it seems arbitrary as to when a post gets an edit stamp and when it doesn't.

Again this is another big one. It would be extremely tedious to have to read through the whole thread to get all the info rather then just read the first post and comment on what you think.
http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-...-workouts.html
(Originally posted 3/21 last edited on 5/1)

And I'm pretty sure GTripp likes to re-edit his post game evaluations threads as well.

I'm sorry to keep bringing this up but to me it's akin to playing a video game and having a major button that either doesn't work or works half the time. I don't know I hate having my post set in stone and it's not like if I try to change something to save face that the mods wouldn't know about it.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 08-24-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #20
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Well I was constantly updating your original post in the pre-draft workout threads.

And I don't know why you keep saying 2 trolls.

Regardless, if you have to bother a mod you have to bother a mod. There are 7 of us, and we're here to help as needed. If it's a bother, we'll let you know.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #21
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well I was constantly updating your original post in the pre-draft workout threads.

And I don't know why you keep saying 2 trolls.

Regardless, if you have to bother a mod you have to bother a mod. There are 7 of us, and we're here to help as needed. If it's a bother, we'll let you know.
RedskinRat and the Warrioz guy that got into it with you a week or two ago . I don't know specifically if that was the cause but I'm guessing that they were the catylst for the loss of unlimited editing privileges for the rest of the forum.

Besides which mods are up at 3 or 4 in the morning when I'm editing these post? Better yet why not make me a mod. Sure I'm unbalanced, more prone to rage, and nuerotic then the other 7 but I just want my phone call, I mean ability to edit my post.

Seriously though what will it take to remove the editing window? Besides asking or telling me to stop complaining about the editing window. Do you guys want money?

- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 08-24-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #22
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

We'll take it under advisement...but for now...stop asking
Old 08-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #23
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
We'll take it under advisement...but for now...stop asking
Fair enough. I'll be back here in this thread though at the start of the season which is going to be a big week for me because thats when my other self imposed Warpath bans get lifted (ie Darth Vader and being allowed to mention a certain rookie).

- FRPLG