Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Dez Bryant forgot his cleats

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
MTK
\m/

Dez Bryant forgot his cleats

How do you forget your cleats for such an important event?

Dez Bryant forgot his cleats | ProFootballTalk.com

Advertisements
Old 03-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Dez Bryant forgot his cleats

Is this why he supposedly ran slow?

Bryant's got all the talent in the world, but he really seems to take it for granted
Old 03-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Bryant is going to be the ultimate risk reward pick. He could be Randy Moss or he could be Charles Rogers. Forgetting his running shoes is no big deal. Shit happens and the media will make a bigger deal than it is. Regardless of his issues someone is going to draft this guy in the first round.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
GMScud
Swearinger

He may have forgotten his cleats, but I just saw a clip from his pro-day workout-that dude is a specimen.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

^ Maybe he was understandably nervous and so forgot his cleats. This scenario does not fit descriptions that I have read of him as a bonehead, though.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Bryant is going to be the ultimate risk reward pick. He could be Randy Moss or he could be Charles Rogers. Forgetting his running shoes is no big deal. Shit happens and the media will make a bigger deal than it is. Regardless of his issues someone is going to draft this guy in the first round.
If it's no big deal fine, just don't bring it up or use it as an excuse. You know?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:11 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
He may have forgotten his cleats, but I just saw a clip from his pro-day workout-that dude is a specimen.
He does have beast written all over him and he looked good running routes and catching the ball.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:19 AM   #8
freddyg12
Playmaker

If by chance the skins can trade back & acquire an additional pick, for the sake of argument only, let's say we get SF's 13 & 17 for our 4, I think Bryant will be there & it will be hard to pass him up. Even w/Shanny fresh off the b. marshall experience, picking Bryant would be his style. Like Smootsmack said, Shannahan will make a move from time to time that's out of nowhere or is a bit of a reach.

I'm not saying we should try to get him, but in the middle to late first round every team that picks while he's still on the board is going to have a tough time passing him up.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:59 AM   #9
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
How do you forget your cleats for such an important event?

Dez Bryant forgot his cleats | ProFootballTalk.com
The same way you lose your helmet before the Super Bowl.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:17 PM   #10
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Dez Bryant lashes out at critics, identifies with Randy Moss - USATODAY.com

I am really starting to not like this guy. I mean on the field he's amazing but off it he's looking worse and worse. All this in a draft where you have Myron Rolle and Tim Tebow who are now the gold standards as far as intangibles go. For goodness sake the guy is working out with and standing up for Pacman Jones.

"Why down talk the man? The man did everything right. He's working out. He's doing good. What happened in the past was the past. That's just like anybody else. If they did something wrong, they would be looking for a second chance."

Just watch in a few years we're going to look back at him as the next Charles Rogers. All the talent in the world squandered by an inability to keep himself in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Bryant's got all the talent in the world, but he really seems to take it for granted
At the very least he does seem to take the English language for granted. I just hope that Okung doesn't have the same type of attitude as him. Then again it's probably just a receiver thing.

And for Gods sake if you are going to be the brash, outspoken type, then at least model yourself after Chad Johnson. I mean sure Ochocinco talks a lot of trash but at the end of the day he's a likeable bastard that works hard and doesn't get into trouble...for the most part. I'm not sure I can look the other way on the Pepto incident.

Edit: My fears have been quelled. As far as I can tell Okung is a polite and respectful person with excellent intangibles.
NFL Combine: Russell Okung interview | Berry Tramel's Blog

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Dez Bryant lashes out at critics, identifies with Randy Moss - USATODAY.com

I am really starting to not like this guy. I mean on the field he's amazing but off it he's looking worse and worse. All this in a draft where you have Myron Rolle and Tim Tebow who are now the gold standards as far as intangibles go. For goodness sake the guy is working out with and standing up for Pacman Jones.

"Why down talk the man? The man did everything right. He's working out. He's doing good. What happened in the past was the past. That's just like anybody else. If they did something wrong, they would be looking for a second chance."

Just watch in a few years we're going to look back at him as the next Charles Rogers. All the talent in the world squandered by an inability to keep himself in check.

At the very least he does seem to take the English language for granted. I just hope that Okung doesn't have the same type of attitude as him. Then again it's probably just a receiver thing.

And for Gods sake if you are going to be the brash, outspoken type, then at least model yourself after Chad Johnson. I mean sure Ochocinco talks a lot of trash but at the end of the day he's a likeable bastard that works hard and doesn't get into trouble...for the most part. I'm not sure I can look the other way on the Pepto incident.

Edit: My fears have been quelled. As far as I can tell Okung is a polite and respectful person with excellent intangibles.
NFL Combine: Russell Okung interview | Berry Tramel's Blog
Nice find on that interview 53. Okung seems very quiet and focused on being the best. Seeing him with the Skins would be a good thing.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:23 AM   #12
GMScud
Swearinger

"I haven't did anything to wrong nobody." English, Dez. Let's learn some.

Then, when asked about the fact that he's working out with Pacman Jones, he responded: "Why down talk the man? The man did everything right. He's working out. He's doing good. What happened in the past was the past. That's just like anybody else. If they did something wrong, they would be looking for a second chance."

The man did everything right?? He's looking for a second chance?? LMAO!! He's done nothing right and is looking for what I believe is a 3rd or 4th chance actually.

Good old Dez is making it abundantly clear that he's going to be a diva WR with a low IQ and a "look at me" attitude. Doesn't help that he's one of Deon's boys. I already can't stand him.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:46 AM   #13
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
"I haven't did anything to wrong nobody." English, Dez. Let's learn some.

Then, when asked about the fact that he's working out with Pacman Jones, he responded: "Why down talk the man? The man did everything right. He's working out. He's doing good. What happened in the past was the past. That's just like anybody else. If they did something wrong, they would be looking for a second chance."

The man did everything right?? He's looking for a second chance?? LMAO!! He's done nothing right and is looking for what I believe is a 3rd or 4th chance actually.

Good old Dez is making it abundantly clear that he's going to be a diva WR with a low IQ and a "look at me" attitude. Doesn't help that he's one of Deon's boys. I already can't stand him.
That was my favorite part. Still it begs the question. Did he take the last year off from school since he was suspended?

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #14
MTK
\m/

I think Okung can be another Orakpo type pick for us. A guy that's all business, isn't going to get in any trouble or make any waves, and can be a perennial Pro Bowl type player for us for the next decade right from day 1.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #15
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I think Okung can be another Orakpo type pick for us. A guy that's all business, isn't going to get in any trouble or make any waves, and can be a perennial Pro Bowl type player for us for the next decade right from day 1.
He definitely seems that type.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote