Four Five Six Seven

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #121
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Four Five Six Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Reed isnt even close to the hitter Jarrett is and Jarrett also got his hands on more balls in passes defensed and ints stats. That could be just scheme at Tech.
Are you comparing Reed's pro performance to Jarrett's college performance?

Quote:
If you look at Combine drills, Jarrett lead the DB in Bench press reps and 3 cone drill.
And I should care about this because...? Explain to me how bench press helps a safety perform in the NFL. What a god damn waste of time. Bottom line is he's an unspectacular player, like Doughty, who will put in work and hustle. By any scouting report both he and Doughty grade out as average on game tape. But you get a high character guy with some smarts and a work ethic, there's value there.

Advertisements
Old 05-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #122
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Are you comparing Reed's pro performance to Jarrett's college performance?

And I should care about this because...? Explain to me how bench press helps a safety perform in the NFL. What a god damn waste of time. Bottom line is he's an unspectacular player, like Doughty, who will put in work and hustle. By any scouting report both he and Doughty grade out as average on game tape. But you get a high character guy with some smarts and a work ethic, there's value there.
Schneed GTFO with your Reed and Jarrett comparison, not close...bottomline. Try to enjoy the rest of your day

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:16 PM   #123
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Schneed GTFO with your Reed and Jarrett comparison, not close...bottomline. Try to enjoy the rest of your day
I understand you're a talker and not much of a thinker, so let me do the thinking for you.

Jarrett - NFL.com scouting report bottom line:
Productive, yet limited, three-year starter with a nose for the ball and a willingness to play a physical brand of football. He can be a liability in coverage and will have to be covered up by scheme, but he's an absolute bulldog around the line of scrimmage and can play on special teams right away

So does that sound familiar?

You seem to love to compare combine stats as if that has any bearing on how a player plays in the NFL. Jarrett ran a 4.5, Reed a 4.6. Reed was 6 feet, Jarrett 5'10. Do you really think any of that matters? If so you're not knowledgeable enough to stay here and have Redskins Discussion for the Knowledgeable Fan.

Both sound tacklers, both strong special teamers, both understand how to be around the ball. Neither major playmaking forces in the passing game, both present coverage liabilities. Both very high effort guys, smart, respected in the locker room, but ultimately have a low ceiling because of athletic limitations.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:29 PM   #124
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I understand you're a talker and not much of a thinker, so let me do the thinking for you.

Jarrett - NFL.com scouting report bottom line:
Productive, yet limited, three-year starter with a nose for the ball and a willingness to play a physical brand of football. He can be a liability in coverage and will have to be covered up by scheme, but he's an absolute bulldog around the line of scrimmage and can play on special teams right away

So does that sound familiar?

You seem to love to compare combine stats as if that has any bearing on how a player plays in the NFL. Jarrett ran a 4.5, Reed a 4.6. Reed was 6 feet, Jarrett 5'10. Do you really think any of that matters? If so you're not knowledgeable enough to stay here and have Redskins Discussion for the Knowledgeable Fan.

Both sound tacklers, both strong special teamers, both understand how to be around the ball. Neither major playmaking forces in the passing game, both present coverage liabilities. Both very high effort guys, smart, respected in the locker room, but ultimately have a low ceiling because of athletic limitations.
Have you ever seen Jarrett play? GTFO then

He Gets Us
Old 05-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #125
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Have you ever seen Jarrett play? GTFO then
Yes, believe it or not you can see VT games up here in PA. So can I stay?

You love to spew posts all over this site but rarely put much cogent thought into it. Try adding value through quality instead of quantity.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:50 PM   #126
Bucket
Playmaker

Calm down ladies.

You really cant compare a college kid to a 10 year vet. That being said, I dont see KJ as a long time solution just yet, but who knows. Lots of things change for players when they transition to NFL. Schemes, Speed, Growth.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #127
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes, believe it or not you can see VT games up here in PA. So can I stay?

You love to spew posts all over this site but rarely put much cogent thought into it. Try adding value through quality instead of quantity.
Yeah, just a difference of opinion which Im good with, but I guess your not. But nothing really in Jarrett's play says Reed. But like I stated originally, scheme of tech's defense could have something to do with that. I actually think Jarrett could play slot CB in the nickel. As you know, Jarrett is a defensive player who is fun to watch, I think that is probably another difference with Reed.

He Gets Us
Old 05-07-2015, 01:57 PM   #128
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Calm down ladies.

You really cant compare a college kid to a 10 year vet. That being said, I dont see KJ as a long time solution just yet, but who knows. Lots of things change for players when they transition to NFL. Schemes, Speed, Growth.
10 year vet... you think Reed would have ever played on a different team? I have serious doubts

He Gets Us
Old 05-07-2015, 05:19 PM   #129
MTK
\m/

There are Reeds all over the league. As a special teamer alone he would have played on plenty of teams.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:11 AM   #130
That Guy
Living Legend

yeah, reed was solid, just not special. there are a ton of those guys around the league.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #131
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I want the last couple minutes of my life back. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #132
mrreddman
Special Teams

id like to think Jarrett will be a much better pro than Reed. Reed was very limited from a physical aspect but a fairly smart player. but from what ive seen from Jarrett i believe his potential tops anything Reed could ever do. and im not trying to slight Reed..but he is a dime a dozen NFL player... which Jarrett may be as well. but im anxious to see what he can do. while with Reed i was anxious to see him leave.
mrreddman is offline   Reply With Quote