Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2020, 04:28 PM   #46
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,923
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
More likely that they are close to a deal and this is a place holder until the cba result becomes clear... the result, either way, alters the cap outlook
Also they could be wanting a one year deal to see if he can be counted on health wise.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-14-2020, 07:17 PM   #47
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,794
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Brandon Schreff...So the non exclusive franchise tag is interesting...gives the ability to truly define his market value as well as opening up for a trade.

I wonder if Ronís experience with Andrew Norwell plays a part in the decision. Norwell went from UDA to All Pro in Carolina. They let him test the free agent market and he signed in Jacksonville where he has been a huge bust...like heís been garbage.

I like the idea using this type of tag
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:50 PM   #48
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 915
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Brandon Schreff...So the non exclusive franchise tag is interesting...gives the ability to truly define his market value as well as opening up for a trade.



I wonder if Ronís experience with Andrew Norwell plays a part in the decision. Norwell went from UDA to All Pro in Carolina. They let him test the free agent market and he signed in Jacksonville where he has been a huge bust...like heís been garbage.



I like the idea using this type of tag


Yes. Scherff had his worst season last year, with many penalties and mistakes. I think he was dragged down by Moses, who really had a terrible year. Was Scherff deteriorating or was it just an off year, followed by more Pro Bowl seasons? See how he does this season and go from there:

1. If he plays to his normal (excellent) season, then resign him to a long-term (and expensive) contract. Heíll be a Redskin for life.

2. If he continues to go downhill, then trade him and move Martin into his slot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:57 PM   #49
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 11,913
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Yes. Scherff had his worst season last year, with many penalties and mistakes. I think he was dragged down by Moses, who really had a terrible year. Was Scherff deteriorating or was it just an off year, followed by more Pro Bowl seasons? See how he does this season and go from there:

1. If he plays to his normal (excellent) season, then resign him to a long-term (and expensive) contract. Heíll be a Redskin for life.

2. If he continues to go downhill, then trade him and move Martin into his slot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I blame Moses, I think Scherff was doing a 2 man job. Fuck Moses!!!
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:50 AM   #50
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 915
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I blame Moses, I think Scherff was doing a 2 man job. Fuck Moses!!!


Yeah, I agree! I want the Redskins to dump him and Trent and just get Kyle Smith to find OT starters from the draft and UDFA. Pick up a short-term, older OT in this scenario while we grow our OT rookies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:57 PM   #51
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,764
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Less than 1 month until the draft.

2: R1P2 - EDGE CHASE YOUNG - OHIO STATE
66: R3P2 - S KYLE DUGGER - LENOIR-RHYNE
108: R4P2 - C CESAR RUIZ - MICHIGAN
142: R4P36 - TE DEVIN ASIASI - UCLA
162: R5P16 - CB LUQ BARCOO - SAN DIEGO STATE
216: R7P2 - OT VICTOR JOHNSON - APPALACHIAN STATE
229: R7P15 - OT TYRE PHILLIPS - MISSISSIPPI STATE
__________________
I am a Trumpette
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:51 PM   #52
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,764
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Another Tua pick: Chad Reuter

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ake-up-round-1
__________________
I am a Trumpette
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:55 PM   #53
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,132
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
And another game pass link, wtf is up with these links, itís annoying
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:44 PM   #54
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,764
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
And another game pass link, wtf is up with these links, itís annoying
I guess I won't post articles from NFL.com. I have no idea why that happens. But I posted the right link. For some reason their site forwards it to the game pass link. Pretty stupid of them.

Edit: I just clicked on it again and it did go to the right link with the mock draft.

Who the hell knows??
__________________
I am a Trumpette
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:20 PM   #55
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,132
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I guess I won't post articles from NFL.com. I have no idea why that happens. But I posted the right link. For some reason their site forwards it to the game pass link. Pretty stupid of them.

Edit: I just clicked on it again and it did go to the right link with the mock draft.

Who the hell knows??
I am not mad at you, I have post them too and get the same stupid thing. Frustrating
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.13379 seconds with 12 queries