Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #16
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,212
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'm on the fence with whether we'll keep Flowers or not. I think the plan could be to plug in Wes Martin there and Flowers could end up in Cleveland back with Callahan.
I think the plan is to bring back Flowers at a reasonable price. If he wants to leave and seek more money Wes Martin would probably be plan B.

Flower is obviously not worth a huge contract, but he's worth solid starter money. Really depends on what he wants to do.
__________________
Thank you Bruce Allen
Because of you the culture
can now be damn good
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2020, 03:25 PM   #17
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,212
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

http://www.footballperspective.com/t...-luck-in-2019/

Thought this was interesting. A ranking of the luckiest teams in 2019 when it comes to fumbles (i.e. who lost the fewest on O and gained the most on D)

We were middle of the pack, as we were good at recovering our own fumbles on offense but terrible at recovering fumbles on defense.

Ranked 6th on offense because we had 21 fumbles but we only lost 8.

Ranked 25th on defense because we only recovered 9 out of 23 opponents fumbles.

Ranked 15th in combined rankings. The Steelers were the luckiest team, the Chargers the unluckiest.
__________________
Thank you Bruce Allen
Because of you the culture
can now be damn good
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 02:34 AM   #18
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,614
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
That’s why drafting for need is usually a bad strategy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. I think drafting for need is a bad idea, but the question was - what are your 5 biggest positions of need. Edge isn't in the top 5, but if CY is there at # 2, and you aren't impressed with any trade offers, you take the consensus best player in the draft.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:29 AM   #19
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 93,205
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Agreed. I think drafting for need is a bad idea, but the question was - what are your 5 biggest positions of need. Edge isn't in the top 5, but if CY is there at # 2, and you aren't impressed with any trade offers, you take the consensus best player in the draft.


Gotcha, I agree.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:44 PM   #20
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 921
Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Pass rush is always a need. Even if you think you're set, you can't pass up an elite talent there.


Agreed completely. I just don’t think the trade deals for our #2 spot will come to us (they’ll go to Detroit) or if they do they do, it just won’t be enough for Rivera.

Chase Young will make our entire DL elite, especially with Del Rio coaching. Add a new, much improved CB, LB and FS from FA and suddenly the defense goes from a weak and bottom-feeding part of our team and into a top 10 unit in Rivera’s first season as the Redskin’s HC.

Chase will even add to fan attendance!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 03-10-2020 at 09:00 AM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:55 AM   #21
Redskins247
Impact Rookie
 
Redskins247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 514
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

TE, Oline, CB, S, QB.

So here's a hypothetical, when our 3rd round pick comes up and Jalen Hurts is still on the board (I know he probably won't), and he is the highest rated player on your board...are you taking him there?
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:08 AM   #22
SunnySide
Impact Rookie
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 663
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
TE, Oline, CB, S, QB.

So here's a hypothetical, when our 3rd round pick comes up and Jalen Hurts is still on the board (I know he probably won't), and he is the highest rated player on your board...are you taking him there?
Yes, Id go BPA still in R3.

Kyle Smith did a press conference a few weeks ago and stressed BPA. He also said some other interesting (but not controversial or non-traditional) things. I heard cut ups of it in the car but im pretty sure I heard him do the same thing everyone says, some variation of "we always go BPA ... but we also have to take into account the roster and needs". But instead he implied what happens in FA will somewhat effect who they draft ... sounds like "need" is a consideration to me. I would have to listen to it again, to be sure.
He sounded good though, instilled confidence he knows what he is doing.


Kyle Smith said the staff — including scouts — reviewed the players let go, Josh Norman, Paul Richardson and Jordan Reed. And ultimately made a decision when he and Ron Rivera got behind closed doors to make the final decision on fits #HTTR
— Rhiannon Walker (@InstantRHIplay) February 25, 2020

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/2/25/...outing-combine

^^ good sound bite breakdown of his press conference
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:57 AM   #23
Redskins247
Impact Rookie
 
Redskins247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 514
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Yes, Id go BPA still in R3.

Kyle Smith did a press conference a few weeks ago and stressed BPA. He also said some other interesting (but not controversial or non-traditional) things. I heard cut ups of it in the car but im pretty sure I heard him do the same thing everyone says, some variation of "we always go BPA ... but we also have to take into account the roster and needs". But instead he implied what happens in FA will somewhat effect who they draft ... sounds like "need" is a consideration to me. I would have to listen to it again, to be sure.
He sounded good though, instilled confidence he knows what he is doing.


Kyle Smith said the staff — including scouts — reviewed the players let go, Josh Norman, Paul Richardson and Jordan Reed. And ultimately made a decision when he and Ron Rivera got behind closed doors to make the final decision on fits #HTTR
— Rhiannon Walker (@InstantRHIplay) February 25, 2020

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/2/25/...outing-combine

^^ good sound bite breakdown of his press conference
Yeah I had the same feeling after hearing that as well from him. I know we always look forward to free agency and the draft in hopes that these new players will help turn things around for this team, but it definitely has a different feel this time around.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:44 PM   #24
AnonEmouse
Impact Rookie
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 627
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

If Hurts is still there I'd say a trade might be best value. Do we really want a QB controversy as we'd have if we draft Tua?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #25
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,200
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
If Hurts is still there I'd say a trade might be best value. Do we really want a QB controversy as we'd have if we draft Tua?
What we want is competition and a competent backup. I'd be happy to see the Skins take Hurts in the third round.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #26
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 27,518
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

FWIW the Skins get a 4th rd comp pick
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:46 AM   #27
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,827
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Dan Snyder press release:

Due to health and travel concerns surrounding COVID-19, we have informed all of our scouts and coaches that they must return to their home bases and travel will be suspended until further notice,” Washington owner Daniel Snyder said in a statement issued Thursday morning. “The health and safety of our staff and players is our number one priority and we feel that these are the necessary precautions given the current circumstances.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eam-employees/

Washington joins a (for now) short list of teams that have taken their scouts and coaches off the road. Every other team needs to follow suit, immediately


Agree with Snyder, Plus CY is LOCK
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:16 PM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 27,518
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

I'd imagine u will see a couple weeks of travel slow down big time
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:21 PM   #29
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 93,205
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Wonder when they'll start pushing back free agency, the draft, mini camps, etc.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #30
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,883
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Wonder when they'll start pushing back free agency, the draft, mini camps, etc.
Free agency should be able to proceed, it's not a mass gathering like games or training camps, and the risks of being exposed during travel can be mitigated with masks.

With the draft, they may decide to do it with no players present, or behind closed doors / remotely.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.10571 seconds with 10 queries