2017 Free Agent PFF rankings

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #31
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: 2017 Free Agent PFF rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
That would be a great start to the offseason. I am not big on spending big dollars in FA, but the deficiencies in DL and Safety positions in our starting line up has been the #1 reason we are not taking the next step. It is foolish to think we can improve to the next level by Draft alone and signing other teams FA cast offs. We have to complete the foundation building of our lines and defense. Then strictly use the draft to finish out the roster. We have two big salaries at WR that need to moved or lowered by extending and ton of depth at that position. That does not make sense to have so much depth and two really high salary guys at that position. I really like DJax but his high salary needs to go so we can better complete our team. It is time to get serious about our defense and O line. Finish the foundation.
If we signed Calais Cambell and a legit FA Free Safety, that would give us the flexibility to use our 1st round pick on a BPA that might be a great starting guard or center. We might become a run team and be able to stop the run. Imagine that....
Why? Other teams like Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Seattle and Green Bay rarely spend in free agency. I'm just not a big fan of it. It rarely ever works. You can look through the years at the teams that have spent a lot in free agency and the results have been sub par. I would not touch Eric Berry or Campbell.

I think better coaching, a good draft and better play from the young guys can improve the defense. The new DC needs to get better play out of Breeland, Fuller, Spaight and so on...
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-11-2017, 12:15 PM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Why? Other teams like Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Seattle and Green Bay rarely spend in free agency. I'm just not a big fan of it. It rarely ever works. You can look through the years at the teams that have spent a lot in free agency and the results have been sub par. I would not touch Eric Berry or Campbell.

I think better coaching, a good draft and better play from the young guys can improve the defense. The new DC needs to get better play out of Breeland, Fuller, Spaight and so on...
While I agree on the huge name free agents, we cant expect to fill starters with the draft at every position of need. Nor should we expect to fill starters with vet min or ham sandwhich deals ie look at our dl with Ziggy and Cullen Jenkins.

I think we should be more aggressive in Free agency and look to fill 3 starter spots. Preferably..Guard, DT/DE and Linebacker. I think bringing in another veteran at CB spot would not be a bad idea...not a high profile starter, but better than Greg "I just gave up the catch which ended the season" Toler.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #33
Irrefutable
The Starter

per Rich Tandler; Do not expect much from the Redskins in free agency... maybe a few signed. His reason, supply and demand. We may be underestimating how much good, not great players will get.

I hope he is wrong. They need a lot of help, and it will never be solved by just the draft.

FWIW

WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Free Agents - Top 100

Last edited by Irrefutable; 02-13-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote