Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


WFT's Off-Season Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2021, 10:12 PM   #466
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,036
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalper View Post
Even Williams is a retread.

We need to draft a young franchise LT who can protect our QB, whoever that is, the next decade. This is absolutely our single greatest long term need, outside of QB itself. What is the point of finding a franchise QB and then not having a long term QB to protect his blindside?
So your plan is with our 8 picks starting at #19 to pick a probowl level OT and a Franchise QB. Because yes it is that simple duhhh

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-03-2021, 11:04 PM   #467
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,797
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalper View Post
Even Williams is a retread.
We need to draft a young franchise LT who can protect our QB, whoever that is, the next decade. This is absolutely our single greatest long term need, outside of QB itself. What is the point of finding a franchise QB and then not having a long term QB to protect his blindside?
Wait, you want to draft a franchise QB, and then another QB to protect his blindside?

Has that ever been done before?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:14 PM   #468
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,545
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Wait, you want to draft a franchise QB, and then another QB to protect his blindside?

Has that ever been done before?
Lolz
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:53 PM   #469
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,797
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

They should definitely draft a couple offensive linemen. This draft isn't very deep with starting caliber O-linemen though, especially tackles.

For LT, I don't think there's a dire need there. I mean you could bring in a guy like Villanueva on a short term deal, but Lucas could definitely hold it down for another year. He only gave up one sack in 536 snaps. Also, Charles may turn out to be who they thought he was when they drafted him.

I think it's actually pretty likely that Charles and Lucas will battle it out for the starting LT position.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:58 PM   #470
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,545
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
They should definitely draft a couple offensive linemen. This draft isn't very deep with starting caliber O-linemen though, especially tackles.

For LT, I don't think there's a dire need there. I mean you could bring in a guy like Villanueva on a short term deal, but Lucas could definitely hold it down for another year. He only gave up one sack in 536 snaps. Also, Charles may turn out to be who they thought he was when they drafted him.

I think it's actually pretty likely that Charles and Lucas will battle it out for the starting LT position.
Lucas did a great job. But he only has 1 more year left on his deal. And he's older, so he 100% needs to cash in next offseason.

We need to get a left tackle that is locked in for at least 2 more seasons.

Give me Darrisaw at 19 and extend Lucas (if a reasonable deal).

Darrisaw/Lucas/Moses is a great rotation at T.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:15 AM   #471
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,797
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Lucas did a great job. But he only has 1 more year left on his deal. And he's older, so he 100% needs to cash in next offseason.

We need to get a left tackle that is locked in for at least 2 more seasons.

Give me Darrisaw at 19 and extend Lucas (if a reasonable deal).

Darrisaw/Lucas/Moses is a great rotation at T.
I would consider Darrisaw or Mayfield at 19. Man, if five QBs are gone by 19 like all these mocks indicate, that will definitely push a top 10-15 player down the board and into WFT's lap.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:30 AM   #472
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,545
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I would consider Darrisaw or Mayfield at 19. Man, if five QBs are gone by 19 like all these mocks indicate, that will definitely push a top 10-15 player down the board and into WFT's lap.
I'd be OK with Mayfield and Jenkins from OK St.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:34 AM   #473
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,545
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Coed dance group is so bad.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 03-04-2021 at 02:00 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:15 AM   #474
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 30,260
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Coed dance group is so bad.
Merica 2021
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:34 AM   #475
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 30,260
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread



Twitter is having a fan vote this is RD 1..
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:52 AM   #476
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,797
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

I still like this.

https://washington.cbslocal.com/wp-c...ns2.jpg?w=1414

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6hMJFIoSAT...he+Warpath.jpg
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:55 AM   #477
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,444
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Coed dance group is so bad.
is it the coed part you can't deal with?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:20 AM   #478
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,545
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
is it the coed part you can't deal with?
I say we just have 1 guy. We can protect all women all the time.



If you don't want cheerleaders that's fine, just get rid of it. Don't replace it with some dance team no one gives 2 shits about. It's embarrassing.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:23 AM   #479
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,444
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

How is it embarrassing if we haven't even seen it yet? Sounds like they hired a very qualified person to run the thing so who knows, maybe give it a chance?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:34 AM   #480
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,545
Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
How is it embarrassing if we haven't even seen it yet? Sounds like they hired a very qualified person to run the thing so who knows, maybe give it a chance?
I mean it's irrelevant to me in the grand scheme of things. Not picking a new team over it. So they can have an all male dance team if they want to. But replacing a cheerleading squad with some dance team is very very lame imo.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.18242 seconds with 12 queries