Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-01-2021, 02:42 AM   #1
Warthog
The Starter

Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

The Billionaire BOYS Club - the other NFL team owners decided to keep Dan Snyder on as owner and to allow him to buy out the 3 minority owners for the WFT.

This is certainly GREAT news for the other three teams in the NFC East, who have benefited from Snyder’s horrific winning record as owner. Who wouldn’t want to oppose a team in this division with such a Buffon and the NFL’s worst owner at the helm.? As soon as Rivera is gone, Dan will be back to his old tricks again.

What this means in the short run:

1. We won’t have a team name. We will still remain as the laughing stock of the NFL fans who consider our inability to get a real name as another sign of dysfunction and poor management. I believe Snyder won’t pick a new name because he’d have to pay someone to get it.

2. We’ll have male and female cheerleading squad. Snyder will do anything and everything to move away from all the sexist allegations of the last year. We’ll be the only team with a mixed cheerleading squad. Again to the amusement and laughter of the rest of the NFL.

3. As long as RIVERA is winning and stays on, he will have full power to make team, management and personnel decisions. But don’t believe for a second that anything has changed with Snyder. Dan micromanaged the team to the very bottom of the NFL over 20 years and is certainly just ITCHING to put his fingers back in the pie!! He’s played nice for a year but he can’t wait to wade into the personnel decision-making again. We’re ok as long as Rivera is around. As soon as he leaves, the team will spiral downward under Dan’s piss poor decision-making. The old employee rule will be back: “Don’t look into my eyes - for I am from Mt Olympus and you are a lowly mortal!”

Long-term: Snyder will be our owner for another couple decades. Nothing has changed. He wants to get back into making all the team decisions, regardless of whether the team wins or not.

New Stadium? Possible but not soon. All the local politicians hate Snyder because the fans hate Snyder. That won’t change. If any other owner offered to build a new stadium WITH HIS OWN MONEY the local pols would jump at it. But Snyder is reviled in the Washington DC area and I’m not sure any politician wants to be associated with him right now. If the team wins and the fans come back, then the politicians will make a stadium deal with Snyder. But NOT right away.

The owners may forgive Snyder or may like to having him around because (in comparison) Snyder makes them look like geniuses and compassionate human beings. But I think it will take years for the fans to come back.

Maybe if the team wins consistently in the next seasons, the fan base will return quickly. But I wonder. The team is in decrepit FedEx field until 2027. It’s a lousy stadium and Snyder’s prices are high and the service is awful. Fans may come to see Chase Young and a winning team, but It took 2 decades of gross owner mismanagement and misconduct to destroy this team’s fan base. I just don’t think the fans will forgive SNYDER so quickly just because his fellow owners did so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-01-2021, 06:14 AM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Snyder to Stay on a Owner

It seems like you put a lot of effort into this post so I ain't gonna ignore it.

But for me, until we see evidence that Snyder is back to his old ways, I trust Ron's process. If Ron can't fix it though, yeah we're probably fucked for life.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:23 AM   #3
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Not gonna argue that history tells us this is NOT a good long term news.

But the one thing I disagree with it I think this should accelerate this whole rebrand process. The possibility he might be forced to sell, combined with the knowledge a no-name team would be worth significantly more than a recently renamed team, was delaying the choice IMO.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:16 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Are we having a cheerleading team or dance team? Seems lame...Dan should just do the right thing and hire a vendor such as Camelot from the city to provide that fan entertainment to the fans.

Open a dispensary to in the stadium...”The Peacepipe” as well. Link to the past and future.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:26 AM   #5
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Its not a given that he wont sell, or be forced to sell, it has always been a long shot but now the ownership situation is a lot simpler and if anything makes selling easier. All the Billionaire Boys club wanted was to stop the minority owners from dragging the shield through the dirt. Now they are rid of them and the controversy fueled in most part by the minority owners wanting to force Dan to allow them to sell their stakes is fading away. Having 32 successful franchises (including Washington) is more important to them than keeping Snyder around to make them look good. I think it is in all their interests to have a strong and successful Washington franchise. I also think that they will not approve anymore sales of minority shares in the team if DS cannot play nice with minority owners.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:27 AM   #6
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Are we having a cheerleading team or dance team? Seems lame...Dan should just do the right thing and hire a vendor such as Camelot from the city to provide that fan entertainment to the fans.

Open a dispensary to in the stadium...”The Peacepipe” as well. Link to the past and future.

And make some new strains, Fitzmagic, Scary Terry, Scherff OG !
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:33 AM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
And make some new strains, Fitzmagic, Scary Terry, Scherff OG !
Humpy Kush will be my go to

He Gets Us
Old 04-01-2021, 07:40 AM   #8
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Humpy Kush will be my go to

See ya in line...
Old 04-01-2021, 08:03 AM   #9
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:

I saw an announcement about DANCE TEAM tryouts.

Shame, our cheerleaders were always the best in the NFL and I'm saying that putting my bias aside. Dallas' girls are overrated just because the media is always licking the Cowboys' chaps.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:06 AM   #10
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I really dont give a shit about who is dancing or cheering. If we are winning they are awesome if we are losing they suck.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:13 AM   #11
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I really dont give a shit about who is dancing or cheering. If we are winning they are awesome if we are losing they suck.
I care more about the football too, but this is embarrassing, I really hope we don't go there. But, the NFL and owners are really into virtue-signaling, so expect it across the league.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:20 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

^Lol....wow.

He Gets Us
Old 04-01-2021, 09:50 AM   #13
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Does anyone give even a 1% chance that the NFL made that move because either Snyder is going to be forced to sell or has agreed he will step down and sell, and therefore he being the sole owner makes the process easier and not as messy with even more litigation for the sale of the team. Something just doesn't quite add up in my opinion...a few weeks ago there was supposedly a "leak" that the investigation was going to recommend that Snyder be pushed out...then NFL said that was not so. And now they break their own rules for the guy they are investigating and give him MORE power?? Maybe I'm just trying to stay optimistic but that all just seems fishy to me.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:01 AM   #14
MTK
\m/

The league isn't going to force him out, that ship has sailed. They just approved his debt waiver so he could buy out the minority partners, they're not going to turn around now and force him to sell. We're stuck with him until he decides to sell.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:34 AM   #15
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Yeah, him buying out the ownership share solidifies that he's owning the team until HE decides to sell, which won't be anytime soon.

This is also a new page...we'll see how it works out. Maybe we'll find out that some of the decisions we've disagreed with were not all Dan, but the other half of ownership. I'm most likely wrong, but things are going to be different with this change in power.

The last year with Coach Rivera have given us optimism that Dan can actually let football people make football decisions. Let's hope it stays this way. Maybe Dan's had an awakening, or maybe the possibility of losing the team has scared him straight. Either way, the changes we've seen to this franchise (except losing its history and identity) in the last 18 months or so have been a complete 180.