Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 07:03 AM   #16
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Kirk Cousins 365 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Tebow could have been a decent tight end.
The next Mark Bavaro.

Nope, maybe Don Warren but no, no one will ever be another Mark Bavaro.

Advertisements
Old 01-18-2017, 07:23 AM   #17
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
What, closing the other thread just before 100 pages? MTK is a game manager moderator.

It's only true if Bucky Brooks says it.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:39 AM   #18
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

LOL. I am not upset about a new thread, but I am a little upset that he is gone. I was initially trying to reason with him but it quickly became apparent that was not an option. His posts were hysterical though.

Post one - You guys are so stupid and immature that why do you even listen to me? I mean who cares what ai post? Post an opinion just so you guys can bully me? Fuck. U. Scumbag.

(Wait five seconds)

Post two - I cant believe how angry u guys are.

That shit was seriously entertaining and disturbing at its finest.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:47 AM   #19
MTK
\m/

He was a natural born thread killer.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:16 AM   #20
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

the man is Jesus to some...

Who was the turd that Sandtrap worshipped?

He Gets Us
Old 01-18-2017, 09:21 AM   #21
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This thread is a spoof of the past one lol. Haven't even talked about Cousins yet.

It's going to be fun constantly checking for updates for the next couple months regarding his contract situation.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:37 AM   #22
metalskins
The Starter

What are the odds that we'd see some weird situation happen to where the Chargers and the 49ers get into a bidding war for Kirk Cousins? Such as, the 'skins decide they're doing a nonexclusive tag on Kirk, the 49ers and Chargers get into a bidding war, because Kyle Shanahan is going to want Cousins, and Rivers seems like he may ask to be traded, so the Chargers would need a quarterback. The Redskins could sit back and say, OK, we're not matching either offer, but here's the deal, Chargers, you can have Kirk for a trade for Rivers and a draft pick of some sorts, 9er's, you HAVE to give us your two first rounders.

Either way, I could probably be on board if we HAVE to let Kirk go. I'd rather have a proven franchise QB, and Rivers would be that guy, but then again, you're talking about a very high, first round pick from the 49ers that the Redskins could probably choose the best QB available.

I guess I'm a little skeptical that the Redskins are going to offer enough for Cousins to want to stay in Washington, especially if the Redskins don't tag him at all. Who knows? That's why I work for a college in NC in IT and not for the Washington Redskins negotiating contracts.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #23
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
What are the odds that we'd see some weird situation happen to where the Chargers and the 49ers get into a bidding war for Kirk Cousins? Such as, the 'skins decide they're doing a nonexclusive tag on Kirk, the 49ers and Chargers get into a bidding war, because Kyle Shanahan is going to want Cousins, and Rivers seems like he may ask to be traded, so the Chargers would need a quarterback. The Redskins could sit back and say, OK, we're not matching either offer, but here's the deal, Chargers, you can have Kirk for a trade for Rivers and a draft pick of some sorts, 9er's, you HAVE to give us your two first rounders.

Either way, I could probably be on board if we HAVE to let Kirk go. I'd rather have a proven franchise QB, and Rivers would be that guy, but then again, you're talking about a very high, first round pick from the 49ers that the Redskins could probably choose the best QB available.

I guess I'm a little skeptical that the Redskins are going to offer enough for Cousins to want to stay in Washington, especially if the Redskins don't tag him at all. Who knows? That's why I work for a college in NC in IT and not for the Washington Redskins negotiating contracts.
Rivers is too old to build around. We're still a year or 2 away. If for some reason Cousins isn't on the team next year I want a young qb to start next year.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:18 AM   #24
J. Falcon
The Starter

I believe Rivers already said he doesn't mind moving to LA and is not going to request a trade. Anyway Rivers is already 35 years old, how much longer do you think he'll play?
Old 01-18-2017, 10:19 AM   #25
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Rivers is too old to build around. We're still a year or 2 away. If for some reason Cousins isn't on the team next year I want a young qb to start next year.
Phillip Rivers is 35, but he's healthy and he's still a very good quarterback. The Redskins could win right away with him. The scenario is, Jay Gruden can't really afford to take a step or two backwards this season, or he's probably going to be gone. Honestly, before the 'skins started on their big run in the middle of 2015, I was very much on the fence with Gruden. I didn't think he was the best hire - I felt there were better hires out there. However, since that point, the Redskins have been winning more than they have been losing, and now that it looks like the team is heading upward, I hate the thoughts of the team taking a step backwards because they lost Kirk and they need to develop a fresh new QB out of college. Maybe we luck up and get Dak Prescott 2.0, but if this isn't the case, you're going to be out of a head coach and having to start all over again. At least with Rivers, you could potentially still draft a QB who will take his place, but Rivers gives you an opportunity to win now. If you were able to squeeze three solid years out of Rivers, then you've built a contender and a much better situation to put a young QB in.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:22 AM   #26
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Falcon View Post
I believe Rivers already said he doesn't mind moving to LA and is not going to request a trade. Anyway Rivers is already 35 years old, how much longer do you think he'll play?

I've heard both. And keep in mind, I'm just throwing that out there as a hypothetical. At least trying to get this thread back on track of Cousins talk. Should we lose Cousins, I just want something in return. If we lose him without tagging him, then we're probably looking for a new head coach as well. Which, who knows, might be a good thing in the end, but I think Gruden has proven to be a better head coach than what we've had in several years, so I'd hate to mess up continuity.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #27
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Just heard Dan Patrick discussing the "what if" scenario of Kyle becoming head coach of 49er's and trading their high 1st round pick for Cousins. I really don't think that WOULD happen...nor would I want it to. IMO there isn't a great QB in this draft and we'd probably be going with McCoy as the starter for next season. I don't see a likely scenario of anything outside of paying a LOT of $$$ for Kirk.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #28
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Just heard Dan Patrick discussing the "what if" scenario of Kyle becoming head coach of 49er's and trading their high 1st round pick for Cousins. I really don't think that WOULD happen...nor would I want it to. IMO there isn't a great QB in this draft and we'd probably be going with McCoy as the starter for next season. I don't see a likely scenario of anything outside of paying a LOT of $$$ for Kirk.
I think Dan is probably going off that garbage article on PFT article last night....him and Florio have a working relationship on Sunday night football and brings on Shit-Flor-Brains every now and again to give him a lil boost.

He Gets Us
Old 01-18-2017, 11:32 AM   #29
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

So when can a franchise tagged player and the team begin contract negotiations. I was thinking it was after the last regular season game, but I think someone on here said maybe after the Super Bowl. Anyone know the rule?
Old 01-18-2017, 11:48 AM   #30
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
So when can a franchise tagged player and the team begin contract negotiations. I was thinking it was after the last regular season game, but I think someone on here said maybe after the Super Bowl. Anyone know the rule?
I thought it was after the last regular season game as well, but others seem to think after the Super Bowl. Either way, in a couple of weeks, we should start hearing something about contract talks.