Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #166
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
They offered Cooper because he would have instantly made our WR group a top tier talent. Cooper, Terry and Sims? Nasty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Exactly. Also taking him away from Dallas. He has said he wants a #1 wr now since coming. The whispers at least. Will be interesting to see if he goes with the current wr group or tries to acquire more via fa/draft. Personally, I feel shoring up the oline is way more important and will reap massive dividends for the offense.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-13-2020, 09:05 PM   #167
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
They offered Cooper because he would have instantly made our WR group a top tier talent. Cooper, Terry and Sims? Nasty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Cooper isn't even the best wr on his own team. As Rex Ryan said, he basically disappears against top competition, he disappears on the road, aka against the Eagles late last year. He doesn't have any dog or alpha male in his body. If I'm paying a wr that kind of money he better be a dog, an alpha, a leader and someone that demands the ball. Cooper is none of those. Glad he stayed with Dallas. Rex Ryan and Jon Gruden agree.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:11 PM   #168
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Cooper isn't even the best wr on his own team. As Rex Ryan said, he basically disappears against top competition, he disappears on the road, aka against the Eagles late last year. He doesn't have any dog or alpha male in his body. If I'm paying a wr that kind of money he better be a dog, an alpha, a leader and someone that demands the ball. Cooper is none of those. Glad he stayed with Dallas. Rex Ryan and Jon Gruden agree.
U Think Gallup is better than Cooper? No way
Old 04-13-2020, 09:15 PM   #169
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You lost me here. I don't want any player on my team that demands the ball, because every single one of those guys get pissy when the qb doesn't force feed them the ball. I believe the preferred nomenclature is "diva."
Old 04-13-2020, 09:16 PM   #170
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
For me it is a bit hard to "love what he is doing" because, so far, he has not done much.
Couldn’t disagree more. What he’s not doing is exactly what we’ve been doing for the last decade and a half. Overpaying diva free agents who come for a pay day and don’t care about putting the team first.

Ron is looking for a specific kind of guy. The right fit. Not big name splashy guys. Hard working no names with the traits and mental aspect he’s looking for. What other team has won 6 Super Bowls with that model? The Patriots. Now we are far from being the Pats, but what I’m saying is his approach is refreshing from the stand point that we aren’t going to be a winner over night. He’s doing it the slow and methodical way. The build through the draft, get the right fit guys kind of way.

I will take 5 free agencies in a row like this bc I think we’ve been doing it wrong for years. And I think it’s laughable that so many Skins fans who cry wolf at our antics for years are now chastising Rivera for not making splash moves.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:56 PM   #171
rocnrik
Playmaker

Great post!!!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:58 PM   #172
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Couldn’t disagree more. What he’s not doing is exactly what we’ve been doing for the last decade and a half. Overpaying diva free agents who come for a pay day and don’t care about putting the team first.

Ron is looking for a specific kind of guy. The right fit. Not big name splashy guys. Hard working no names with the traits and mental aspect he’s looking for. What other team has won 6 Super Bowls with that model? The Patriots. Now we are far from being the Pats, but what I’m saying is his approach is refreshing from the stand point that we aren’t going to be a winner over night. He’s doing it the slow and methodical way. The build through the draft, get the right fit guys kind of way.

I will take 5 free agencies in a row like this bc I think we’ve been doing it wrong for years. And I think it’s laughable that so many Skins fans who cry wolf at our antics for years are now chastising Rivera for not making splash moves.
I think it's been a decent FA period, wish we would have landed Amari but o well. I'm glad they didn't go crazy
Old 04-14-2020, 01:49 AM   #173
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Can't not sign big dogs because of past bad choices with big dogs. But you also can't force a big dog onto the roster. Has to be within the budget, within the team you're trying to build, at a position of need, etc. We shouldn't let anything from the past dictate the future.

But you also don't get every guy you want anyways. Seems like the Skins went all in for Cooper and didn't get him. Sometimes it happens.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:04 AM   #174
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:

+1
The only niggle I have is that we don't appear to have gone after many other bigger names in areas of need, like Lb and DB. I say appear because RR has played his cards pretty well and we're not fully aware of ALL the negotiations that have been/are taking place. He's either been smart enough not to reveal too much about who we have gone after/what we offered or he's hiding the fact we haven't really gone after bigger names aside from Hooper and Cooper. I trust that it's the former more than the latter, but I agree he's only going after guys that fit his template and he and Kyle will continue that in the draft.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:10 AM   #175
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:

Yep I'm with you on this
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:06 AM   #176
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:

Well said. Agree 100%.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:13 AM   #177
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Five free agencies in a row that do not add much starting talent is not the way to build a championship team. It is nice to look for "character'. But some talent would also be appreciated and, particularly on offense, we have not added any real talent during the UFA period. So no, I would not like to see five years of UFA periods with no addition of talent on the offensive side of the ball. The current offensive line is horrendous. Skins could easily have afforded a two year deal to Jason Peters, who is a high character guy by the way, rather than the duel of backups that currently fill the LT position. And I am sure that all of you who are so satisfied with what RR has not done on offense that you will be blaming Haskins for his inability to throw TD passes from the seat of his pants which is where he will be quite a bit this year.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:16 AM   #178
Ohioskins
Special Teams

There should be a middle ground between what Bruce Allen chasing "names" did and what RR is doing now, avoiding adding talent.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:28 PM   #179
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
There should be a middle ground between what Bruce Allen chasing "names" did and what RR is doing now, avoiding adding talent.
Your posts are like a broken record. Let me see if I understand you. You don't like the way RR has handled Free Agency. Is that it?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:38 PM   #180
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Big names don't always equate to quality moves.