Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

2024 Presidential Election Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-17-2022, 10:00 AM   #1
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

It's probably too soon for this, but also with Trump announcing I started thinking about it more.

Republicans are going to have a tough decision in the primaries if you're not voting for Trump:

1. Do you vote for DeSantis solely to keep Trump from getting the republican nomination; or
2. Do you vote for who you actually like best if DeSantis isn't your favorite?

Tough decision. I really haven't decided who I'm going to vote for yet, but there are some guys like Younkin that I like.

But is beating Trump more important than actually voting for who you want? I don't think anyone besides DeSantis can knock him off.

Typically, I'm not a fan of saying a vote is wasted by voting for who you actually want. But in this case, it might be better to vote DeSantis. Plenty of time to figure it out and who knows what will happen between now and then. But just something that stuck out to me after it became official.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2022, 12:36 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 2024 Presidential Election Thread

Too early to be talking about President DeSantis

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 02:31 PM   #3
nonniey
The Starter

The 2024 Presidential election is already over and it's because Trump is in the race. The Dems will win. Trump can't win the General election as there are a lot more of those that will crawl over broken glass to vote against him than will do so to vote for him. Problem is if he loses in the primaries, he and his cult will burn down the GOP. It sucks but that is the way it is.

Last edited by nonniey; 11-17-2022 at 09:34 PM.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 02:51 PM   #4
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I do not like Biden but if my choices are between him and Trump it will be Biden.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:54 PM   #5
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
It's probably too soon for this, but also with Trump announcing I started thinking about it more.

Republicans are going to have a tough decision in the primaries if you're not voting for Trump:

1. Do you vote for DeSantis solely to keep Trump from getting the republican nomination; or

Tough decision. I really haven't decided who I'm going to vote for yet, but there are some guys like Younkin that I like.

But is beating Trump more important than actually voting for who you want? I don't think anyone besides DeSantis can knock him off.

Typically, I'm not a fan of saying a vote is wasted by voting for who you actually want. But in this case, it might be better to vote DeSantis. Plenty of time to figure it out and who knows what will happen between now and then. But just something that stuck out to me after it became official.
I have thought about this and it will depend on how the results in other primaries leading up to Maryland's on how I will vote.
Old 11-17-2022, 03:55 PM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Younkin has done what, exactly to be consider for president?
Old 11-17-2022, 04:02 PM   #7
MTK
\m/

I seriously can’t take another election cycle of Trump, please make it stop already
Old 11-17-2022, 04:32 PM   #8
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I seriously can’t take another election cycle of Trump, please make it stop already
Nobody can.

My hope is Desantis drops the maga-lite stuff and tries to be republican centrist. If he just says things to piss off liberals and attack companies like he did Disney .. then just give me Trump.

I dont know who Desantis is. My hope is this has been a bit of schtick past couple years getting his foot in the door.

Desantis .. your foot is in the door.

Be conservative, be republican but please dont be a Red state only bull pulpit.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 04:52 PM   #9
SunnySide
Playmaker

A federal judge temporarily blocked a Florida law aimed at restricting state colleges and universities from teaching students certain ideologies related to race or sex.

Chief U.S. District Judge Mark Walker of the Northern District of Florida blasted the "Individual Freedom Act," originally pitched as the "Stop WOKE" Act, for censoring what professors are allowed to teach, granting a preliminary injunction against its enforcement while litigation continues.

"The law officially bans professors from expressing disfavored viewpoints in university classrooms while permitting unfettered expression of the opposite viewpoints," Walker wrote in a Thursday order. "Defendants argue that, under this Act, professors enjoy "academic freedom" so long as they express only those viewpoints of which the State approves. This is positively dystopian."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fed...vely-dystopian

Desantis ... shit like this needs to stop.

Threatening college professors employment if they talk about slavery or race?

its college

Im sure our conservative constitutional brothers agree this is what govt infringing on free speech looks like.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:22 PM   #10
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
A federal judge temporarily blocked a Florida law aimed at restricting state colleges and universities from teaching students certain ideologies related to race or sex.

Chief U.S. District Judge Mark Walker of the Northern District of Florida blasted the "Individual Freedom Act," originally pitched as the "Stop WOKE" Act, for censoring what professors are allowed to teach, granting a preliminary injunction against its enforcement while litigation continues.

"The law officially bans professors from expressing disfavored viewpoints in university classrooms while permitting unfettered expression of the opposite viewpoints," Walker wrote in a Thursday order. "Defendants argue that, under this Act, professors enjoy "academic freedom" so long as they express only those viewpoints of which the State approves. This is positively dystopian."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fed...vely-dystopian

Desantis ... shit like this needs to stop.

Threatening college professors employment if they talk about slavery or race?

its college

Im sure our conservative constitutional brothers agree this is what govt infringing on free speech looks like.
DeSantis is getting more and more/too governmenty for me, for a lack of a better term. I don't like it. Definitely not a fan of stuff like this.
Old 11-17-2022, 05:27 PM   #11
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Younkin has done what, exactly to be consider for president?
What I think are good qualifications to be president differ from most people. Being in government forever is not an accomplishment/good qualification to me.

I just like the guy and as of now, think he would possibly be a good president. Still 2 more years to learn more about him.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:15 PM   #12
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Youngkin. Lol. Let’s just forget about slavery and MLK and pledge allegiance to the flag. Fuck him.
Fuck Trump. Fuck Desantis. I never thought id say this but I yearn for George W.

Last edited by punch it in; 11-17-2022 at 11:43 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 09:18 PM   #13
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
The 2024 Presidential election is already over and it's because Trump is in the race. The Dems will win. Trump can't win the General election as there are a lot more of those that will crawl over broke glass to vote against him than will do so to vote for him. Problem is if he loses, he and his cult will burn down the GOP. It sucks but that is the way it is.

Quoted for truth. Like I just said I yearn for the days of W, and Im not nor have I ever been a Republican. But man compared to Trump and the hard right cardboard cutouts of himself he has given rise to I would have no problem with an old school Republican taking office.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 04:16 AM   #14
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
What I think are good qualifications to be president differ from most people. Being in government forever is not an accomplishment/good qualification to me.
So the answer is nothing. It's that thought process that gave us trump. Saying I want anyone not a politician is great till they become a politician and then they fuck it all up and we the American people pay the price. Nope fuck that.
Give me John Kasich and Larry Hogan republicans' that can and will work with everyone.
Old 11-18-2022, 06:03 AM   #15
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So the answer is nothing. It's that thought process that gave us trump. Saying I want anyone not a politician is great till they become a politician and then they fuck it all up and we the American people pay the price. Nope fuck that.
Give me John Kasich and Larry Hogan republicans' that can and will work with everyone.
I'm not going to get into a whole argument about a specific candidate this far out. He is just 1 guy I could see myself possibly voting for as of now.

He's been successful outside of politics and so far seems like a good governor imo. He hasn't been a politician very long, but I don't hold that against him like a lot of others likely will. Doesn't mean that someone who has been in it longer won't be a good candidate. Just that I don't personally need someone to be a politician forever to think they'll be a good choice. I'm not saying anyone but a politician. Just that being a career politician is not a major requirement to me to support someone.

I don't know much about Hogan. Just see his name here pretty often. I'll have to read more about him sometime.