QB or BPA for our #1 Draft Pick - 2020

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-19-2020, 01:54 PM   #346
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: QB or BPA for our #1 Draft Pick - 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I only have heard of him in the past few weeks doing these mock drafts on fanspeak.com. They get the credit not me. I just googled him. Apparently he's well known in the NFL scouting world.

Small school guys are always a cool story. I liked Moreland last year leading up to the draft too and we picked him.

Fanspeak gives you the list of players in order of rankings. He was at or near the top when I made that pick.
I was joking about fanspeak more than I was about your pick. I've made much stranger picks than that one on fanspeak - people I had never heard of before.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-20-2020, 07:49 AM   #347
Warthog
The Starter

I think the Redskins will draft the best OL BPA in the third round. The team needs new blood in the OL. Hopefully to challenge or replace Moses who regressed horribly this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:54 PM   #348
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

A few weeks ago, I think I said take Chase Young and don't look back. That still may ultimately be the best option, but if Tua is healthy, someone is going to offer us a HAUL for the #2 overall pick.

If we could pick up multiple draft selections, including another 1st, and trade down to say, #5, and there was a player there at 5 that we had graded pretty close to Chase Young, then it would be something we should consider.

So now, my position is that we should keep our options open, evaluate all the top players, and then see what kind of offers we get as the draft approaches and while we're on the clock. No moves should be considered off the table. Chase Young is an elite talent, but there is always an offer we would be stupid to refuse.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:59 PM   #349
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
A few weeks ago, I think I said take Chase Young and don't look back. That still may ultimately be the best option, but if Tua is healthy, someone is going to offer us a HAUL for the #2 overall pick.

If we could pick up multiple draft selections, including another 1st, and trade down to say, #5, and there was a player there at 5 that we had graded pretty close to Chase Young, then it would be something we should consider.

So now, my position is that we should keep our options open, evaluate all the top players, and then see what kind of offers we get as the draft approaches and while we're on the clock. No moves should be considered off the table. Chase Young is an elite talent, but there is always an offer we would be stupid to refuse.

You'd have to get two 1's and two 2's just to start talking
Old 01-21-2020, 02:40 PM   #350
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

I mentioned this a while back and brought up the possibility of moving back, drafting Aj Epenesa and getting a lot of picks. It would be tough to pass on Young. But I swear there were some games where you couldn't tell who was better.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:07 PM   #351
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Chase is elite across the board. What is most impressive is his athletic ability to locate the ball and "Chase" down the ball carrier and make the tackle after the QB gets rid of it. He makes plays like you would hope a good LB could.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:44 PM   #352
Warthog
The Starter

I just don’t think we’ll be offered the big draft haul because everyone knows want Chase. It will go to later draft teams who MIGHT want Tua.

Chase will make our DL elite. Under Del Rio’s tutelage and coaching our DL will be one if the best in the NFL.

Flyboy.

Old 01-22-2020, 05:02 PM   #353
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
You'd have to get two 1's and two 2's just to start talking
Depends on how far you are talking about trading down.

Hypothetically, the Lions could want to trade up to #2 to prevent us from trading the pick away to some other team wanting a QB. This would ensure they got either Burrow or Tua.

Would you require two 1s and two 2's just to trade down one spot and draft Chase Young anyway? Of course not.

Similarly, there could be 5 non-QB players that we rank very closely to Young. So we could possibly trade down to 7, pick up something less than two 1s and two 2s and it still be worthwhile.

Or, Rivera could decide he doesn't like Haskins and LOVES some other QB who gets projected as a late 1st round pick. That could make trading down even further feasible - and of course the cost would go up the further we traded down.

My point is, its completely moronic to declare with 100% certainty THREE MONTHS away from the draft that we'd demand a kings ransom to move out of the #2 spot at all. Our decision should be based entirely on what we do in free agency, how Kyle Smith and the rest of the draft gurus rank each player, what teams are offering, and what players we'd have a chance to select at a lower draft spot.

Right now Chase young seems to be a locked in no-brainer can't miss prospect. But a lot can change in 3 months and only an idiot (like Bruce Allen) would make up his mind now - or even make a final decision until the clock was running and most of our time to select the pick was up.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:38 PM   #354
Warthog
The Starter

You’re right, a lot can happen in 3 months. The biggest problem would be if Chase Young completely tubes the Combine or does poorly in the team interview. Or gets busted for drugs or for some other major police matter.

However, I suspect that Chase’s handlers and family are quietly getting him ready for the combine and his interviews. The Combine preparation is big business now for NFL prospects. Doing well in the combine means million$ for players like Chase and he knows it. I suspect he will do very well in the combine and his interviews. But if he does poorly then perhaps he’s not as smart or good as everyone says.

At this time, Chase looks like an outstanding #2 prospect and a player that could help transform the defense. But thinking he’s a GUARANTEED lock for the HOF is just stupid. We’ll know a lot more about him the coming months. That fills the long, dead months after the SB and before the draft. I’ll be freakin’ excited if he pans out and we draft him!

Flyboy.

Old 01-22-2020, 09:02 PM   #355
rocnrik
Playmaker

The “CANT MISS “ draft picks scare me... just for kicks if you were the Bengals would you trade the number one pick for the patriots first 7 rounds ...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:43 PM   #356
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
The “CANT MISS “ draft picks scare me... just for kicks if you were the Bengals would you trade the number one pick for the patriots first 7 rounds ...

The Bengals need an elite QB more than a boatload of Patriot picks. Besides, the Patriots don’t waste their draft picks like that.

Flyboy.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:02 PM   #357
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Here's my dream scenario (lots of moving parts):

- Redskins start to get a lot of offers from teams to move up to get Tua at #2.

- Lions have a strong desire to draft Tua as their QB of the future.

- Lions agree to swap picks, and throw in their 2nd rounder (hell, I'll take their 3rd rounder).

- Lions take Tua #2.

- Redskins take Chase at #3.

R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:41 PM   #358
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Here's my dream scenario (lots of moving parts):

- Redskins start to get a lot of offers from teams to move up to get Tua at #2.

- Lions have a strong desire to draft Tua as their QB of the future.

- Lions agree to swap picks, and throw in their 2nd rounder (hell, I'll take their 3rd rounder).

- Lions take Tua #2.

- Redskins take Chase at #3.

I think if we did that the Lions would take Chase Young and we would look foolish. I haven't seen anything to indicated that the Lions are looking at QB with their first pick. And if they were, it is pretty obvious that the Redskins aren't going QB, so Detroit would have no need to trade up a spot.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:07 PM   #359
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:

We did that in 2011 and got Ryan Kerrigan instead of taking JJ Watt at the pick we were at, and Jarvis Jenkins did nothing with it. I want to stay where we are and take the guy with the star power.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:10 PM   #360
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
I think if we did that the Lions would take Chase Young and we would look foolish. I haven't seen anything to indicated that the Lions are looking at QB with their first pick. And if they were, it is pretty obvious that the Redskins aren't going QB, so Detroit would have no need to trade up a spot.
This is exactly right. If Miami, and not Detroit, was picking 3rd, it might be a gamble to take -- they obviously need a QB pretty desperately. But Detroit has other significant needs and undoubtedly assumes that they'll get a few more years out of Stafford.

I think you have to take Chase with the 2nd pick. Could be a transformational talent, and as sure a bet as there is in the crapshoot that the NFL draft can be. We shouldn't overthink this one. Given how much we like Chase, I don't see anyone offering enough to dislodge us from that choice anyway.