Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Super Bowl Gameday Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-08-2021, 04:28 PM   #166
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Super Bowl Gameday Thread

“We will win this game,” Brady was texting, according to teammates.

That was the message. The Bucs were going to win the Super Bowl. Forget what was getting said on television or in Vegas. Forget Kansas City’s 16-2 record entering Sunday’s game or its Super Bowl victory last year. Forget Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill.

We will win this game.

And if Tom Brady, who had won six of them, believed it, then who were they to argue?

“He made us believe,” running back Leonard Fournette said.

And then they went out and dominated the vaunted Chiefs 31-9 to win Super Bowl LV.

Brady wasn’t just offering some empty pep talk, either. He knows better than that. There were further details in the texts and in conversations as the Bucs prepared for the game.

Fournette, the 228-pound runner, said Brady’s message to him kept harping on how Kansas City was ranked 31st in the league in yards allowed after contact. That meant they were soft. Fournette, of course, is anything but.

“He was on point, he was telling us what to expect,” Fournette said. “He was telling us they weren’t very good at tackling.”

Put your shoulder down and break them. That's what Brady saw. Now if he could only get Fournette, and the others, to see it too.

Fournette rumbled for 89 yards on 16 carries against the Chiefs, including a back-breaking 27-yard touchdown scamper that all but put the game away. He was joined by Ronald Jones, who had 61 yards on just 12 carries to give Tampa Bay a balanced, clock-grinding offense.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-bra...060342177.html

Tom Brady is such a fucking leader.

He was right. Chiefs were soft in second level tackling. You saw Treeland and some others put their heads down to try and lay the lumber but end up on the wrong end of it with a guy like Fournette.

Felt like by the second half .. those secondary players werent putting their body on on the line or talking smack.

Unbelievable game plan by Brady, leftwich, Bowles.

Seemed like they targeted the left side of the chiefs LT with speed rushes and stuff bc he is normally a RT and I imagine is used to playing his right side as his non-help side and not his left.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-09-2021, 08:58 AM   #167
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Stoping the Run and running the ball is still a winning formula

The referee talk is loser talk

This could be said of every WFT game thread ever. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:59 AM   #168
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It is sooooo important. Im almost as concerned about our run game going forward as I am about the quarterback position. Not necessarily just our rb corp but the blocking and scheming. I mean we had zero run game this year. Zero. Man that will help us if we can improve it.
Agree.
Look how far we got with a solid D-Line.
Our O-Line has had holes for years. We saw what happened to the best QB in the NFL (Mahomes) when he has a less than great line in front of him and no running game. Drafting a QB at #19 and putting that rookie in front of our O-Line would be a big mistake.
Even Brady in the SB was flustered early getting blitzed, then they ran the ball and ran a few screens.
We have no running game when we play against a good defense like Tampa. It gets shut down because our O-Line is not strong enough.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:05 AM   #169
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Agree.

Look how far we got with a solid D-Line.

Our O-Line has had holes for years. We saw what happened to the best QB in the NFL (Mahomes) when he has a less than great line in front of him and no running game. Drafting a QB at #19 and putting that rookie in front of our O-Line would be a big mistake.

Even Brady in the SB was flustered early getting blitzed, then they ran the ball and ran a few screens.

We have no running game when we play against a good defense like Tampa. It gets shut down because our O-Line is not strong enough.

I find myself happier and happier we did not sign Stafford. Address the rest of the offense and our inside backers. Ride with what we got at quarterback for one more year. If they can go 7-9 with what they had to work with than 10 wins isn’t far fetched if we have more than one wr, a better oline, and any semblance of a run game. Plug a hole at ilb and we could be the next rex grossman/ trent dilfer led superbowl team. Lol.
This is all off the table if one of the better quarterbacks coming out falls to us. Than draft him and sure up o line in the second round. Grab one of the many free agent wr’s and we actually might have a long term thing going on.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:11 AM   #170
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I find myself happier and happier we did not sign Stafford. Address the rest of the offense and our inside backers. Ride with what we got at quarterback for one more year. If they can go 7-9 with what they had to work with than 10 wins isn’t far fetched if we have more than one wr, a better oline, and any semblance of a run game. Plug a hole at ilb and we could be the next rex grossman/ trent dilfer led superbowl team. Lol.
This is all off the table if one of the better quarterbacks coming out falls to us. Than draft him and sure up o line in the second round. Grab one of the many free agent wr’s and we actually might have a long term thing going on.
They won't go with Smith as QB1, that seems almost certain with the aggressive approach to getting a QB. We have to be honest about this past season.

1. HORRIBLE Division, it can't be this bad again can it?
2. Dak got hurt (he was on fire before injury)
3. Wentz was garbage, Hurts could be a solid option there.
4. Giants D is very good, if they get Barkley back 100% and add another WR they could be good.
5. Our D carried the team and that's great but if you have a legit QB1, the Defense has much less pressure on them and if you have a lead in games Chase Young will FEAST.

If we go into the same QB situation this fall, the offense will not be much better and it'll be the SOS as it was this yr.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:14 AM   #171
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tom Brady

You ready for this one

Brady has played 344 career regular and post season games in his career

First 172 games - (132-40, .767)
Last 172 games - (132-40, .767)
Old 02-09-2021, 09:18 AM   #172
MTK
\m/

What Brady has done is simply incredible. Even if Mahomes goes on to win 4 or 5 he won't even touch what Brady has done. Unreal.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:45 AM   #173
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
This could be said of every WFT game thread ever. Lol
This could be said of every game day thread from every club, the refs are horrible and deserve their share of blame but ultimately it usually evens out over a season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:50 AM   #174
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I'm no Bruno Mars fan but it's the best one I can remember. Justin Timberlake has a little talent to as much as I hate to admit it.

The last actually good one was probably Prince with that college marching band in 2007.

Last nights was boring, garbage music and could barely hear the vocals.

Last year's was a sh!%show not appropriate for family viewing.

Beyonce advertising for the Black Panthers was disgusting.

The Madonna and Minaj show gave the country herpes.

They just need to get a real rock band and stop with this talentless pop garbage. Not old dudes like Bruce Springsteen or Tom Petty, someone still entertaining.

Heck, hire Metallica.
No old dudes but hire Metallica? bwahahahahaha!
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #175
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Tom Brady

You ready for this one

Brady has played 344 career regular and post season games in his career

First 172 games - (132-40, .767)
Last 172 games - (132-40, .767)

Dayum.

Say whatever you want about Tom Brady, but he's the best to ever play QB. He's not the most talented. Or the most athletic. Or the best passer. Or has the strongest arm. But the fucker wins.

The post in this thread about him texting his team .... damn. Leadership -- is all about getting guys to follow you. The Bucs followed the hell out of him. And won going away.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #176
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
Dayum.

Say whatever you want about Tom Brady, but he's the best to ever play QB. He's not the most talented. Or the most athletic. Or the best passer. Or has the strongest arm. But the fucker wins.

The post in this thread about him texting his team .... damn. Leadership -- is all about getting guys to follow you. The Bucs followed the hell out of him. And won going away.
He's had the best career, i'll grant you that. But as a pure football player (superbowls are team feats, not qb feats and Brady was on some extremely talented teams . . . look a the year he got injured. the patriots went 11 - 5 with matt cassel as their qb) i think there are plenty QB's that were better than him, Manning, Rodgers, Montana, Elway, Marino, etc. were all better QB's IMO . .. but were not as lucky as Brady was that he had a great organization at building teams around him . . . then picked a team ripe with talent that just needed a QB and a few pieces in tampa. Hell Gronk says this Tampa team was by far the most talented team he has played on. just my opinion.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:00 PM   #177
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
What Brady has done is simply incredible. Even if Mahomes goes on to win 4 or 5 he won't even touch what Brady has done. Unreal.
Well, Mahomes inked a 10 year deal, which in a few years will likely make him underpaid like Brady was in New England. So who knows.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:04 PM   #178
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Super Bowl Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
He's had the best career, i'll grant you that. But as a pure football player (superbowls are team feats, not qb feats and Brady was on some extremely talented teams . . . look a the year he got injured. the patriots went 11 - 5 with matt cassel as their qb) i think there are plenty QB's that were better than him, Manning, Rodgers, Montana, Elway, Marino, etc. were all better QB's IMO . .. but were not as lucky as Brady was that he had a great organization at building teams around him . . . then picked a team ripe with talent that just needed a QB and a few pieces in tampa. Hell Gronk says this Tampa team was by far the most talented team he has played on. just my opinion.

Definitely something to be said about circumstance. I have thought for years that Brady was an excellent quarterback in an excellent situation but the more I watch Him the more I believe he makes it look so easy that his talent is somehow overshadowed. Like Tim Duncan as a basketball player. He is never talked about as the greatest but the guy just was so methodic and accurate and smart. He just won championships and made it look easy. Brady will always, always make the right read. It is uncanny actually. He is also the ultimate field general.

Last edited by punch it in; 02-09-2021 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #179
MTK
\m/

I'm kind of done with people trying to discredit Brady, or try to explain away his success. His accomplishments are just crazy. His postseason accomplishments are going to be nearly impossible to match.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:11 PM   #180
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'm kind of done with people trying to discredit Brady, or try to explain away his success. His accomplishments are just crazy. His postseason accomplishments are going to be nearly impossible to match.
It's because he's not the "Sexy athlete" like a Mahomes is or Favre was etc. Yeah he's slow as shit and un-athletic but he's a winner and CLUTCH. Things you can not teach. I've said he's the GOAT since Ring 5 and he just keeps on winning. Nobody will ever touch his accomplishments