Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #61
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
That's what happens when you take a guy 15th overall. The expectation is he's going to play sooner rather than later.

Instead they're treating him like a 2nd or 3rd rounder which to be honest that's where they should have taken him.
If we took Drew Lock it would have been the same, it wasn’t exactly a great year for QB talent. Now a days teams are desperate and do stupid moves, perfect example Trubisky.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2019, 02:46 PM   #62
Warthog
The Starter

Re: The Haskins Thread

The NFL has changed. QB start sooner than before. What exactly is Dwayne learning by watching Case pass for 77 yards or in another game cause 5 turnovers? Or watch Colt put out similar numbers and lose. Case’s numbers are getting him to the bottom of the NFL. Yeah, worst QB in the league.

So what if Dwayne starts against a really good defense? He’ll LEARN from that experience. The problem with the Redskins is that they’re playing scared. So, Haskins had a 3 INT game. So did PEYTON MANNING as a rookie. We need to be getting experience for Haskins and all the rookies. Develop them and see what they’ve got. I’d rather play Haskins now and know whether he’s a dud or stud by 2021.

By the Haskins doubters reasoning, what happens if Alex Smith comes back next season and plays well? Do we give him another year off to “learn” more by riding pine?

Get him in there and see what he has!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 10-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #63
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If we needed anything on Sunday, is we needed a strong armed QB to push a heavy ball down the field. Haskins had the arm to make a play. Anyone remember the Trey Quinn pass?

Just think, we could be here today talking about the big throw Haskins made to win the game...We were really just a play away with pulling the upset.

But fuck it, Keenum noodle arm bullshit is what Callahan is looking for.

He Gets Us
Old 10-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #64
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If we needed anything on Sunday, is we needed a strong armed QB to push a heavy ball down the field. Haskins had the arm to make a play. Anyone remember the Trey Quinn pass?

Just think, we could be here today talking about the big throw Haskins made to win the game...We were really just a play away with pulling the upset.

But fuck it, Keenum noodle arm bullshit is what Callahan is looking for.
This.. Case literally could not even grip the ball.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:32 PM   #65
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
That's what happens when you take a guy 15th overall. The expectation is he's going to play sooner rather than later.

Instead they're treating him like a 2nd or 3rd rounder which to be honest that's where they should have taken him.

You think he would have lasted ? I really think he is a unique combination of upside and inexperience. Usually such upside and talent at the collegiate level results in playing time. Usually such inexperience at the collegiate level would mean the talent and upside isn’t even there.
We will find out next year what we got. Even if he starts this year we wont truly know. Not with this freakin staff and team. Also keep forgetting he was McClaurins teammate. That has to be a plus. Going to have to rely on Bitch Allen and Douche Snyder to put a plan in place for him. Thats the real problem.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:17 PM   #66
Warthog
The Starter

Re: The Haskins Thread

Haskins can run better than Keenum, and his arm and McLaurins speed will keep the defenses honest. Although Haskins may not have it all mentally, he’ll get better with each game he plays. Peyton MANNING threw 28 INT his rookie year. He wasn’t ruined or traumatized for life because of his growing first season.

FINALLY, why are we the ONLY team holding onto our rookie QB? Is our philosophy based on our coaches extensive knowledge and winning percentage? I believe we are not playing Haskins because BA and Callahan are still “playing to win games” for THIS season. They’d rather win 4 games with Keenum than 2-3 games with Haskins. The Giants could have done the same thing with Jones versus Eli Manning- perhaps winning an extra game or two Eli.

We will win 1 game this season and Haskins will have no game experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 10-22-2019, 11:33 PM   #67
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Let's rewind to a more optimistic time in Warpath history.

'Twas late April, early May, just after the draft had finished.

A simple poll was conducted to see whether the fanbase approved of drafting Haskins 15th overall.

The results? 57 gave it a thumbs up, 11 a thumbs down.

For secondary analysis, let's check out the post-draft grade thread. A dominating 72% gave this FO an "A" grade for the draft.

Now fast forward 7 games into the season. Surrounded by a garbage squad led by an offensive line coach who wants to eliminate the forward pass, the main question seems to be why isn't he starting yet? Personal opinion here, but it seems all I see is "Is Haskins a bust? Why isn't he starting by now? All the other rookie qb's are starting. Gardner Minshew! There are no negatives to throwing a rookie on the field before he's ready. Peyton Manning! We need to know if he's a bust right now, so we can move on after his rookie year and he can become Josh Rosen 2.0. Is there some sort of sinister plot to keep him out so we tank this year? The year is wasted anyways, might as well get him some game experience."

I'm looking forward to this fanbase turning on Haskins when he eventually does start this season, and does nothing to bring optimism to this fanbase.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:38 PM   #68
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I look at Kyle Allen, undrafted by Carolina and is 4-0 against some good teams, he can’t be better than Haskins? Can he?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 10-23-2019, 04:12 AM   #69
Luxorreb
^21^

Terrible leadership. No plan.
BRUCE must GO!
Let Bruce go back to PR. He's a fraud.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:53 AM   #70
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I look at Kyle Allen, undrafted by Carolina and is 4-0 against some good teams, he can’t be better than Haskins? Can he?
he's not asked to do much though, hand it to Cmac and dump it off to Cmac. We don't have a RB like that or a defense that helps get Turnovers like the Panthers do
Old 10-23-2019, 08:02 AM   #71
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Let's rewind to a more optimistic time in Warpath history.

'Twas late April, early May, just after the draft had finished.

A simple poll was conducted to see whether the fanbase approved of drafting Haskins 15th overall.

The results? 57 gave it a thumbs up, 11 a thumbs down.

For secondary analysis, let's check out the post-draft grade thread. A dominating 72% gave this FO an "A" grade for the draft.

Now fast forward 7 games into the season. Surrounded by a garbage squad led by an offensive line coach who wants to eliminate the forward pass, the main question seems to be why isn't he starting yet? Personal opinion here, but it seems all I see is "Is Haskins a bust? Why isn't he starting by now? All the other rookie qb's are starting. Gardner Minshew! There are no negatives to throwing a rookie on the field before he's ready. Peyton Manning! We need to know if he's a bust right now, so we can move on after his rookie year and he can become Josh Rosen 2.0. Is there some sort of sinister plot to keep him out so we tank this year? The year is wasted anyways, might as well get him some game experience."

I'm looking forward to this fanbase turning on Haskins when he eventually does start this season, and does nothing to bring optimism to this fanbase.
This! I cannot believe how some people are already considering Haskins as a bust. When a ship is sinking, everything around the ship tend to look bad even if it actually isn't.. I will reserve my judgments and wait until Haskins start playing few games.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:04 AM   #72
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I felt it was a great draft on paper but I'm not watching film on these guys. It's still early and I feel you can't get a true grade on the 19 draft until after the 2020 season. But I was expecting Sweat to do what Bosa's doing. He just isn't that kind of player and that's disappointing.

GO NATS.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:28 AM   #73
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

You can't judge a draft until you see 2-3 years of play. Haskins is far from a bust just because he had a bad game where he was no even prepared for?
Old 10-24-2019, 07:03 AM   #74
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
he's not asked to do much though, hand it to Cmac and dump it off to Cmac. We don't have a RB like that or a defense that helps get Turnovers like the Panthers do
Haskins cant turn around hand it to AP for a 2 yard gain then throw for 77 yards?

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:16 AM   #75
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Haskins cant turn around hand it to AP for a 2 yard gain then throw for 77 yards?
Apparently not , and what is so annoying is the kid is begging to play! Just put him out there already!
Closed Thread