Coaching and Front Office Changes

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-21-2020, 11:41 AM   #391
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Coaching and Front Office Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I agree with you about the ping pong table. It was Rivera coming in and making a clear but highly symbolic gesture to current players that a new wind was blowing thru. But if you are saying Jay's way of practicing and prepping the team was not a problem then I strongly disagree with that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I admittedly have some Jay bias and protectionism going on.

Advertisements
Old 01-21-2020, 03:15 PM   #392
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I think beyond the ping pong table and the number of padded practices, there was a general culture of not being accountable for anything under Jay.
It's not about Oklahoma drills for me, you can study film hard too... or not.
You can study the playbook and audibles hard... or not.
Blown coverages, missed tackles, blown blocking assignments and so on are not fixed by cracking skulls but by creating a culture of accountability that was clearly NOT instilled by Jay. Ping pong table or not.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2020, 03:20 PM   #393
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I think beyond the ping pong table and the number of padded practices, there was a general culture of not being accountable for anything under Jay.
It's not about Oklahoma drills for me, you can study film hard too... or not.
You can study the playbook and audibles hard... or not.
Blown coverages, missed tackles, blown blocking assignments and so on are not fixed by cracking skulls but by creating a culture of accountability that was clearly NOT instilled by Jay. Ping pong table or not.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Great post. Agree with everything you said.

Is your team hardworking and accountable? If so, your chances of success are exponentially higher w/o taking actual talent into account at all. Club Jay didn't instill or demonstrate either of those qualities.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:35 PM   #394
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

Is your team hardworking and accountable? If so, your chances of success are exponentially higher w/o taking actual talent into account at all. Club Jay didn't instill or demonstrate either of those qualities.
+1

Players have to hold themselves and each other accountable but that all starts with the coach and the regime.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:40 PM   #395
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

Agreed. I've never heard Bill Belichick was running more hard ass tough drills, what I've always heard though is that every player on his roster has to be able to do what his told, know and execute his duties, and if not he's gonna be held accountable for it... IE Malcom Butler being bench during the SB for some silly story (and that decision may have been questionnable, but I do think it's telling of the standard expected when you're on this team).
Old 01-21-2020, 09:16 PM   #396
SkinzWin
Playmaker

SiriusXM NFL radio just reported Jay Gruden was hired as the Jags OC.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:03 PM   #397
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Good read by Barry Svrluga here on the Gibbs/Rivera connection.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...rce=reddit.com

And when the politics forum sucks the will to live out of me, it's quotes like these that remind me why we're all here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joseph Gibbs
“It’s the most powerful city in the world, and that football team means the world to that town,” Gibbs said he told Rivera. “It’s one of the very few things that brings everybody together. There’s no Democrat, Republican. It’s everybody for 3½ hours is going to cheer for that football team. . . .
Old 01-22-2020, 05:39 AM   #398
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Good read by Barry Svrluga here on the Gibbs/Rivera connection.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...rce=reddit.com

And when the politics forum sucks the will to live out of me, it's quotes like these that remind me why we're all here.
A. I like the post and it's right. We're all Skins fans 1st. I'd gladly buy everyone here beers if we won any kind of important game

B. I love the "Liberal Snowflake" in your info section. Self depreciating humor is awesome

C. Couldn't figure out how you got B where it is so I changed my sig. line for the 1st time ever

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 01-22-2020 at 06:08 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:14 AM   #399
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Joe doesn't live here anymore and hasn't coached here in 12 years. Since he's left Snyder has run the team into the ground even more. The Caps have won a Stanley Cup, the Nats won the World Series, both have locations inside the city that are metro accessible. People simply don't care anymore. The evidence is right there at home games. Ravens games get more viewers in the DC market than Redskins games. Joe's way off in his statements but will always be PC.

I like this hire. However, I wish Snyder had gone out on his own, not talked w/ Gibbs and interviewed Bieniemy. He's been under Reid for several years now and what KC does on offense is so cutting edge. Reid has gone from a pure West Coast guy to being the most innovative coach in the league. If we had an offense like that ( Mahomes certainly helps..lol) the fans will come back. Offense sells, the QB sells ( as we saw w/ RG3) and of course winning sells.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:29 AM   #400
FWD Skins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Absolute LOL. Did they not watch any games this year?
FWD Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:34 AM   #401
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Joe doesn't live here anymore and hasn't coached here in 12 years. Since he's left Snyder has run the team into the ground even more. The Caps have won a Stanley Cup, the Nats won the World Series, both have locations inside the city that are metro accessible. People simply don't care anymore. The evidence is right there at home games. Ravens games get more viewers in the DC market than Redskins games. Joe's way off in his statements but will always be PC.

I like this hire. However, I wish Snyder had gone out on his own, not talked w/ Gibbs and interviewed Bieniemy. He's been under Reid for several years now and what KC does on offense is so cutting edge. Reid has gone from a pure West Coast guy to being the most innovative coach in the league. If we had an offense like that ( Mahomes certainly helps..lol) the fans will come back. Offense sells, the QB sells ( as we saw w/ RG3) and of course winning sells.
But Gibbs has been here when the team was successful and knows first-hand how much of a big deal it is.

As much as I like Bieniemy, and I think it is ridiculous that either Cleveland nor the Giants did not hire him (although I'm glad NY didn't), I think Rivera was the perfect hire to instill discipline within the team and change the culture of the organization.

Also, haven't we been nailing Snyder for making decisions on his own, without any input from football people?

Plenty of things can go wrong, but so far I think Snyder has made all the decisions/moves a lot of fans have been clamoring for since he bought the team.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:48 PM   #402
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWD Skins View Post
Absolute LOL. Did they not watch any games this year?
Yeah seriously.

Week 1 vs Eagles - Keenum put up 380 yards, 3 tds and 0 ints ... okay we arent referring to this game.

Week 2 vs Cowboys - Keenum only put up 221 yards! lol! he only went 2 tds and no ints. I wish he had more ints ..

okay week 3, we got him here. vs the bears, Keenum went 332 but 2 tds and 3 ints. Lol what a joke.

Jay should go back to the XFL and I dont want to hear about how he had no Trent, no TE and his best wide receiver was a rookie.

Jay flat out sucks at offense.

Everything he did was because of the young guys underneath him like McVay and KOC. They taught him, he didnt teach them!!!

Jay clearly has no idea how a modern passing attack works and he should be unemployed in Greenland.

And hes a womanizing joint smoking drunk. Ive seen photos.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:00 PM   #403
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post

It is mind numbing how terrible you can be as a coach in professional sports and just keep getting jobs.....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:20 PM   #404
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

To his credit, OC is probably his best spot.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:00 PM   #405
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
To his credit, OC is probably his best spot.
I think he will get one more shot. If you throw out the rg3 experiment and the freak injury to Alex Smith, he was a 500 coach. He had Bruce Allen making player decisions and he was stuck certain coaches. Bill C should have been gone years ago. His power running game philosophy did not mess with Jay’s offense.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote