Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Breaking: Montae Nicholson left woman at hospital before she died from drug overdose

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #16
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Breaking: Montae Nicholson left woman at hospital before she died from drug overdose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I think the facts around Reuben Foster and the domestic violence stuff are debatable. That's not the only knuckleheaded shit the guy is done, so fair point by you.

I think if there's a sign that guys are doing things in your organization that show they're not prioritizing football during the season, then they need to go.
Agreed. Thats was my point, you're paid crazy money to play one of the most difficult sport ever at the highest level, you have no business being in a party involving high amount of drugs between the 1st day of training camp and the end of the season...

Advertisements
Old 11-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #17
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Breaking: Montae Nicholson left woman at hospital before she died from drug overdose

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Woops, english typo there, I meant "these guys"... How players end up in those kind of situation in season amazes me...
I don't understand it as well.. Playing in NFL is a dream that not many men can achieve and yet some players act as if they are entitled to it.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #18
Burgold
Special Teams

It was later reported that he did wait and contact her parents,but what is his connection to the lady and what's this drug overdose stuff in connection with him...cut him!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:13 AM   #19
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Montae lives life on the edge and his career may be in danger. I'd let Apke play the rest of the season and move on. He's out in the middle of the night w/ some shady people that are doing drugs and as result of that a girl dies? Then you just drop her off like a bag of potatoes and leave? How do you end up in a position like that? I'm thinking back to my wild days and nothing approached this level of shit, where someone had to go to the hospital and died. I can't wait to hear the entire story.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:41 AM   #20
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Montae lives life on the edge and his career may be in danger. I'd let Apke play the rest of the season and move on. He's out in the middle of the night w/ some shady people that are doing drugs and as result of that a girl dies? Then you just drop her off like a bag of potatoes and leave? How do you end up in a position like that? I'm thinking back to my wild days and nothing approached this level of shit, where someone had to go to the hospital and died. I can't wait to hear the entire story.
Yeah when you put the pieces together - who he was hanging out with, when, what they did when she OD'd, it paints the picture of a low life.

As soon as I've heard about people in my own life doing stuff 1/4th as questionable I cut them off immediately. To actually engage in it makes me question character.

And it's not just under the heading of young people doing stupid shit. This is beyond that.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:42 AM   #21
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
I think the facts around Reuben Foster and the domestic violence stuff are debatable. That's not the only knuckleheaded shit the guy is done, so fair point by you.

I think if there's a sign that guys are doing things in your organization that show they're not prioritizing football during the season, then they need to go.
Well said.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #22
SunnySide
Playmaker

I dont fault Nicholson and his friend for bringing her to the ER and then leaving. At that point, the doctors have her and there is nothing they can do to help. Hopefully they let staff know what she took bc that would have a medical benefit.

21 year old partying with NFL player .. Im guessing the wrong mix of party drugs like ectasy and coke (which can result in very bad situations sometimes, sometimes its fine). These days, who knows what they were doing .. oxys?

I actually applaud Nicholson for (1) making the decision to bring her in, and (2) actually carrying her in and not leaving her on the stoop of her parents house, ringing the doorbell then speeding off. I assume he was equally impaired and that is a tough decision to make when your decision making capabilities are askew.

But if he and his friend delayed an hour or more before taking her to the ER .. perhaps she could have been saved. Narcan is a life saver.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:51 PM   #23
Defensewins
Playmaker

Bruce Allen:"culture is damn good"
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:22 AM   #24
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
You wonder how long the Montae Nicholsons of the NFL would last on a team like the Patriots.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:31 AM   #25
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
The culture is fantastic, great job Montae Nicholson dropping her off at the hospital to die instead of dumping her on her own doorstep.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:46 AM   #26
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I dont fault Nicholson and his friend for bringing her to the ER and then leaving. At that point, the doctors have her and there is nothing they can do to help. Hopefully they let staff know what she took bc that would have a medical benefit.

21 year old partying with NFL player .. Im guessing the wrong mix of party drugs like ectasy and coke (which can result in very bad situations sometimes, sometimes its fine). These days, who knows what they were doing .. oxys?

I actually applaud Nicholson for (1) making the decision to bring her in, and (2) actually carrying her in and not leaving her on the stoop of her parents house, ringing the doorbell then speeding off. I assume he was equally impaired and that is a tough decision to make when your decision making capabilities are askew.

But if he and his friend delayed an hour or more before taking her to the ER .. perhaps she could have been saved. Narcan is a life saver.
You have low expectations.
Old 11-16-2019, 12:06 PM   #27
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

It is easy to speculate on what happened. All we know for sure is he took a girl to the hospital who over dosed and passed away. The optics are not good, but we should wait for the details before passing judgment.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:24 PM   #28
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
You have low expectations.
^^^^ This times 1000% . Great reply.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #29
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I actually thought at one time this year Monte could be worth extending...completely wrong and he needs to go now. Something else completely wrong about is Apke’s play in his place has been fairly strong.

This wasn’t weed but hard drugs.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #30
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
It is easy to speculate on what happened. All we know for sure is he took a girl to the hospital who over dosed and passed away. The optics are not good, but we should wait for the details before passing judgment.
Everyone is judged every day of their lives for every action (or inaction) they take. That’s life, like it or not.

He was present around people doing illegal drugs late at night during the football season. I’ve heard all I need to know. It’s unacceptable, regardless of details.