Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

5 Questions about the NY Giants

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
Spence
Special Teams

5 Questions about the NY Giants

We interviewed a top NY Giants fan website about the Giants and the game against the Redskins this Sunday. Here is a taste:

Quote:
Q1. Will the Giants' passing game be formidable enough to attract attention from defenses focusing on Jacobs and the running game?

A1.The Giants' OC (Kevin Gilbride) must bust the loaded (8 man) box. If Gilbride thinks less about WR and more about RB Ahmad Bradshaw, TE Kevin Boss (and also use play action/screens/slants), the Giants will win the battle and ultimately the game. Summary- the talent is there, the question is whether Gilbride has finally awoken from his Burress-induced coma.
And here is the rest of it: Talking to the Enemy: 5 Questions about the NY Giants

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Re: 5 Questions about the NY Giants

Something tells me I am not too worried about Mario Manningham.

As far as Cooley killing them, well, hopefully Zorn figured out that Cooley can be a dangerous weapon. Heck, I would love to see some two TE sets with Cooley and Davis, if davis has figured out he is playing football and what is going on around him yet.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
redsk1
The Starter

Last year against the Giants was frustrating. Frustrating b/c we seemed to do nothing in regards to their blitzes in the whole 1st half. No screens, rollouts, or any blitz busting calls were made. Anybody who watches football knows a team is going to blitz til you make them pay for it. We would just drop back and pray our oline held out, which they didn't. Blame it however you want we didn't make any adjustments. What else would you expect from a first time coach-off. coordinator? I guess there's my blame.

This year we've got to solve that problem. Blitz nuetralizing calls. We should have a whole playbook full of them. Why, b/c we play in a division w/ the likes of some of the best lines/defenses in the NFL. Can we do it? I hope so.

Stop their run attack. They don't have any proven #1 WR's out there, so we should be able to thwart their pass attack. If they can't run on us, we can win.

Make some plays for 6. Someone step up and let's score some TD's. Kelly and THOMAS should help as they played very well in preseason I thought. I thought DT improved drastically. We all know Kelly did.

I'm rambling, I meant to talk about the Giants. I hate the Giants. I can't wait.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
53Fan
Franchise Player

I was surprised that they sounded somewhat intelligent until the, "Giants should win" remark. Why should they win when they admit so many weakness'es in their team?
Old 09-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
wilsowilso

If we don't give them a heavy dose of Cooley/Davis I am going to be really annoyed.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Problem is, most teams know we don't throw a whole lot to Portis -- so when he's in there on a passing play, you can safely bet he's going to block. Then you can blanket Cooley, Moss, and take your chances with the rest.

If there was one thing that gave me pause about our D, it was watching Fletcher try to play pass defense. And it seemed like he was drawn out into coverage quite a bit. I'd be concerned about the underneath stuff to Boss.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #7
MTK
\m/

CP had 47 catches the season before, so at least the potential is there.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Mario Manningham=Taylor Jacobs. This is the first time in a while I am not going into a Giants game with a lot of concerns. We are coming into that game a lot more resolved and cohesive than them.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
If we don't give them a heavy dose of Cooley/Davis I am going to be really annoyed.
I think you'll be ok because we are going to flame them with Kelly/Moss.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote