Adam Schefter: What's Wrong with the Redskins

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #31
irish
Playmaker

Re: Adam Schefter: What's Wrong with the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
I totally agree. I haven't posted anything lately but have read all these comments about the giants being way better talent-wise or being outclassed and I just don't see it. The giants got one td on a crappy screen pass that we missed like 3 or 4 tackles on, very simple tackles, and osi got a fumble for td on just a crappy play by us. We played pretty bad on offense yet we were still in the game the whole time. The giants were not good, we were just worse on the day. I could definitely see the giants finishing last in the division.
You are kidding right? The Giants finish last in the division. They are a real contender to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2009, 10:10 AM   #32
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Give credit to the Giants for taking Moss away. I'm not buying this talk that Moss wasn't playing hard or gave up. Until other guys step up as legit threats teams are going to key on Moss. ARE and Cooley contributed which was great of course, but someone else on the outside needs to step up. Kelly and Thomas I'm looking at you guys.
Yeah. Webster is a shutdown corner at this point. The interception, while it never should have been thrown, was a fantastic play by Webster. It was a better play, IMO, than Polamalu's INT in the Steelers-Titans game.

The passing game was fully functional throwing to the mismatches that Cooley and Randle El had all game. Unfortunately, we just didn't do enough with it.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #33
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
You are kidding right? The Giants finish last in the division. They are a real contender to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.
We have a mid-tier defense right now, and they were one awful defensive play away from being held completely out of the end zone by us. They couldn't move our DL off the ball to save their lives.

I think the Giants have more to be concerned about than we do. We have to learn how to use our personnel to the best of it's ability to be successful. They have to learn how to move the ball a god damn yard on third and one.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #34
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
We have a mid-tier defense right now, and they were one awful defensive play away from being held completely out of the end zone by us. They couldn't move our DL off the ball to save their lives.

I think the Giants have more to be concerned about than we do. We have to learn how to use our personnel to the best of it's ability to be successful. They have to learn how to move the ball a god damn yard on third and one.
I suspect they will figure out how to get that yard a lot faster than the Skins figure out how to get their personnel to play like they care.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #35
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I suspect they will figure out how to get that yard a lot faster than the Skins figure out how to get their personnel to play like they care.
Perhaps.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #36
schndr_tdd
Special Teams

Im not making excuses,they lost to a super bowl winning team a few years back,they need to get more descisive at the QB position.Every team knows thats how you stop our offense is to get the QB,make him beat you.Our offense line played very well against one,if not the best,of the nfl.What bothers me the most is the play of Deangelo Hall,his non-aggressive tackling.He needs to step up and show why he was a number one pick.
schndr_tdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #37
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Yeah. Webster is a shutdown corner at this point. The interception, while it never should have been thrown, was a fantastic play by Webster. It was a better play, IMO, than Polamalu's INT in the Steelers-Titans game.

The passing game was fully functional throwing to the mismatches that Cooley and Randle El had all game. Unfortunately, we just didn't do enough with it.
Speaking of the INT, That play resulted in something I have never witnessed in all the years I've been watching professional football. The QB starts to run crosses the LOS, throw's an illegal foreward pass that is intercepted. In sixty yrs. of watching pro. football I've never seen that.

I do agree with Matty, other receivers other than Moss have to step-up and begin to make a serious contribution to the offense. Both Thomas and Kelly were virtually invisible on Sunday, and no Davis either. It's time for Zorn to give these guys the opportunity to make some plays. They can't do anything if he won't put them in the game.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #38
bigant
Special Teams

Angry Re: Adam Schefter: What's Wrong with the Redskins

yeah get rid of the GM,head coach and the bum at quarterback and go get a good GM or bring in shannahan or cowher to be both...
bigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #39
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Yep, I would consider making Mitchell my #4 receiver and demote Thomas to #5 (maybe it will light a fire under his ass). Santana would benefit in the slot (occasionally) with his speed along with ARE.

How about the fact that the young guys have to be alot hungrier than Santana? These guys have something to prove that they beong in the league. Santana knows he's the man and they will not bench him. Maybe it is a message that needs to be sent alla Mike singeltary in S.F. with Vernion Davis. Either get on the same page and play your heart out or ride the bench and gimme some guys that want to make plays. JZ needs to take control and use is authority as HC: gain some respect from the players.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #40
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant View Post
yeah get rid of the GM,head coach and the bum at quarterback and go get a good GM or bring in shannahan or cowher to be both...
So you want change just for the sake of change then. Because Shanahan has not shown that he can be both a successful coach and GM when he's been given the opportunity. And Cowher has never even attempted it
Old 09-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #41
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Personally I would have benched Moss and put Mitchell or DT in. I think they're ready to contribute too but they're not being given much of a chance so far.
Exactly! I would have benched him and made him earn a spot back. He'd have to return punts first of all. If he took one to the head and got his act together, I'd put him at slot.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #42
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
No disagreement here. If only he was put in such positions to do so (shotgun, 65-35 pass:run ration) it'd be nice to see what he could do.
Well, against the giants, we've seen what he can do when his offensive line gives him a ton time and his receivers get open - he holds on to the ball too long, overthrows open receivers, makes poor decisions, and locks on to Cooley and Randel El.

All last year the Campbell-lovers here blamed the offensive line and the fact that it was his first year in the system for Campbells lack of production. Now hes in his second year, the the line is doing a great job in pass protection and giving him time, you're saying we ran the ball too much and didnt use the shotgun enough???

why pass more when Campbell was doing a horrible job at passing? Why use the shotgun more when Campbell dropped a pefect shotgun snap that could have resulted in another turnover?

All we saw of Campbell against the Giants was just more affirmation for those that beleive he is not a starting-caliber QB. I'm willing to give him another two or three games, but if his line continues to hold up and Campbell continues to make poor decisions, he's never going to start in this league again. He's simply running out of excuses.

We lost the game by 7 points and Campbell lost us atleast 7 points when the Giants took the ball out of his hand and ran it in for a TD. If we had scored even a field goal on that drive, or the one where he threw the INT, we would have had enough points to win the game. If not, we would have atleast been in an overtime situation. Yes, some of Zorn's playcalling sucked; Yes, our secondary looked mediocre; but Jason Campbell's poor decision-making cost us the game.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #43
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Our passing attack is entirely too reliant on Cooley. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but until Kelly, Thomas, and Davis are included in the offensive game plan, expect to see 17 points or less per game. Campbell needs to step up his game big-time, or he can look forward to a career arc similar to Patrick Ramsey's.
Good point. I've been saying that for awhile. People point to Cooley's 83 receptions last year. While that's good for Cooley, it's not necessarily good for the offense.

Campbell needs to step up his game, but I would also add that Kelly, Thomas, Davis and Santana Moss need to get open on a regular basis.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #44
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Well, against the giants, we've seen what he can do when his offensive line gives him a ton time and his receivers get open - he holds on to the ball too long, overthrows open receivers, makes poor decisions, and locks on to Cooley and Randel El.

All last year the Campbell-lovers here blamed the offensive line and the fact that it was his first year in the system for Campbells lack of production. Now hes in his second year, the the line is doing a great job in pass protection and giving him time, you're saying we ran the ball too much and didnt use the shotgun enough???

why pass more when Campbell was doing a horrible job at passing? Why use the shotgun more when Campbell dropped a pefect shotgun snap that could have resulted in another turnover?

All we saw of Campbell against the Giants was just more affirmation for those that beleive he is not a starting-caliber QB. I'm willing to give him another two or three games, but if his line continues to hold up and Campbell continues to make poor decisions, he's never going to start in this league again. He's simply running out of excuses.

We lost the game by 7 points and Campbell lost us atleast 7 points when the Giants took the ball out of his hand and ran it in for a TD. If we had scored even a field goal on that drive, or the one where he threw the INT, we would have had enough points to win the game. If not, we would have atleast been in an overtime situation. Yes, some of Zorn's playcalling sucked; Yes, our secondary looked mediocre; but Jason Campbell's poor decision-making cost us the game.
Jason Campbell definitely needs to show more awareness but I'm not buying your statement that the offensive line gave him a ton of time and is doing a great job.

On the Jason Campbell fumble. The protection was not that great. Tuck blew right around Samuels and applied pressure from the backside. Campbell should have more pocket presence and stepped up into the pocket. Both the protection and Campbell are at fault.

There was another running play when Hester let a defensive end come free and stuff a third down run attempt. The offensive line did okay but the Giants kept Campbell under pressure and forced him into hasty throws. I'm not sure a quarterback with more composure would have done anything differently. I don't think you are giving the Giants defense enough credit for keeping the pressure on.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #45
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
Jason Campbell definitely needs to show more awareness but I'm not buying your statement that the offensive line gave him a ton of time and is doing a great job.

On the Jason Campbell fumble. The protection was not that great. Tuck blew right around Samuels and applied pressure from the backside. Campbell should have more pocket presence and stepped up into the pocket. Both the protection and Campbell are at fault.

There was another running play when Hester let a defensive end come free and stuff a third down run attempt. The offensive line did okay but the Giants kept Campbell under pressure and forced him into hasty throws. I'm not sure a quarterback with more composure would have done anything differently. I don't think you are giving the Giants defense enough credit for keeping the pressure on.
It was Umenyora, not Tuck. And there's nobody by the name of "Hester" on the O-line. If you mean Stephon Heyer, it should be noted that he didn't allow a sack all game.

While the pass protection wasn't perfect, considering the athletes the Giants have on their front four, it was adequate.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote