Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Assess the game...

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
lifetimeskin
Camp Scrub

Assess the game...

After following the skins for over 40 years, I have to admit this is getting old. The Giants with rookie WR and substandard Secondary embarrassed us for the majority of the game. I was obvious that both Blache and Zorn got outcoached. Our players were not prepared, were not provided adjustments, and didn't have the energy of the Giants....so here is how I saw the game, please feel free to take me to task.

QB- F, JC seemed lost at times. This is year 2 of this system, and he still can only find ARE. I don’t know why he didn’t use Davis/Kelley/Thomas more.

RB- C; Cant really fault any of the backs. There wasn’t much movement up front, and we were always playing from behind.

OL- C+: Actually I am giving them a good grade. They played against one of the best DL in the game and fared out relatively good. I thought Dockery was outstanding.

WR/TE- F-: Even though ARE and Cooley caught quite a few balls, WHERE was Moss, Kelly, Davis, and Thomas. We went with 3&4 wide out sets, and we could not get anything to our young fast guys. I truly think there is much more to this story than it is being let out. I think Zorn does NOT like Kelly.

Coaching- F: The play calling was right down embarrassing. How about having JC roll out every once in a while to buy time????

DT- A: Without a doubt the tackles were awesome…no yards up the middle and pushed the pocket back.

DE- D+: With all the push that the tackles got, I don’t understand why Carter and Dainels didn’t get more of a push. We did get an early look at what the competition is going to do with Orakpo….they are going to send out their TE on pass routes having Orakpo cover instead of rushing. This needs to be addressed, having Orakpo covering a TE for 80% of the plays is stupidity. How about having Orakpo and Wilson alternate the SAM and DE positions. Either would provide a better rush than Daniels. Rotate Daniels in at DT.

LB- C- If it wasn’t for Fletcher this would be an F. McIntosh didn’t do diddly. And having Orakpo chase a TE around the field is an absolute waste.

S- D- It is obvious that LaRon is no Sean Taylor. He tries to be, but he can’t. He should stick to what he does best, and trying to lay people out is not his thing. Jacobs wasn’t intimidated one iota! Horton had his worst game of his career and thank God that he was subbed by Doughty. Doughty is playing hungry and was all over the place. He should get the start. I would have given this group an F if not for Doughty.

CB- D- this group would also have gotten an F if not for Carlos Rogers. He played like he is in a contract year…oh year he is, he gives a shit. Hall and Smoot give 15 yard cushions and tackle like cowgirls. It was an absolute embarrassment.

Coaching- F: How do you allow Orakpo to be schemed out of a game??? How do you not play Wilson more??? How do you have such lack of intensity from your defensive backfield.

I truly am questioning the coaching staff……lack of preparation and adjustments are unacceptable.

my 2 cents....

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Assess the game...

We've got about 10 post-game threads going on right now, let's stick with one of those please

thanks