Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 10:19 AM   #466
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The Haskins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Vernon Davis and chris Thompson are last year of deal. That’s 9 more million combined off the books.

We these cuts and contracts ending, I’m extending schreff, flowers, roullier, and Dunbar first. I’m also gonna put some money in escrow incase reuben foster balls out in our defense. Build a young core from inside the team, reward performance.

It is mind numbing how obvious the necessary steps are, and how worried i am that Bruce dipshit Allen can grasp it.

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2019, 10:36 AM   #467
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Vernon Davis and chris Thompson are last year of deal. That’s 9 more million combined off the books.

We these cuts and contracts ending, I’m extending schreff, flowers, roullier, and Dunbar first. I’m also gonna put some money in escrow incase reuben foster balls out in our defense. Build a young core from inside the team, reward performance.
I agree with this, Allen’s contract could be coming up soon to. I would sign Thompson to an affordable contract, if he agrees due to his missed time. Guice, Love, Thompson next year sounds really good.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #468
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It is mind numbing how obvious the necessary steps are, and how worried i am that Bruce dipshit Allen can grasp it.
Too me it’s obvious but there is also a caveat where, if a coach comes in and says “I want more zone blocking and roullier or flowers skills sets don’t match the scheme. I need someone else there.” So this would be great bc the head coach and front office are working together to team build.

Again this makes sense but this is the worst front office in the league folks

He Gets Us
Old 12-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #469
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Too me it’s obvious but there is also a caveat where, if a coach comes in and says “I want more zone blocking and roullier or flowers skills sets don’t match the scheme. I need someone else there.” So this would be great bc the head coach and front office are working together to team build.

Again this makes sense but this is the worst front office in the league folks

Certainly a coach could have a scheme some don’t fit which might mean they move on from someone we deem a keeper but there is a small plethora of players that must go. Those aging, under producing high contract players. If BA fucks that up and doesn’t free up all that space and stick to the youth movement than we are right back to being a dumpster fire with no end in sight because yeah it is the worst FO in fucking football.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:32 PM   #470
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Haskins Threat

Haskins was 6-12 for 93 yards on passes longer than 10 yards in the air sunday, had 3 drops so would have been 9-12
Old 12-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #471
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Haskins was 6-12 for 93 yards on passes longer than 10 yards in the air sunday, had 3 drops so would have been 9-12
If you are going to credit him with projected completions from drops you have to credit him for incompletions on all the sacks he takes from holding the ball too long where most quarterbacks would have thrown the ball away.

If he started from day one and threw the same amount of passes he would almost equal David Carr's record for taking the most sacks.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #472
Warthog
The Starter

The dumping or trading of almost all the aging FA is pretty obvious. I think Reed and Davis will both retire. Cleaning out the FA will give the new GM and HC a lot of cap money to work with. It also forces the Redskins into a rebuilding mode, which Bruce Allen has avoided like the plague.

It all depends on what Snyder does at the end of the season. He could put the Redskins on the right path by firing Bruce Allen and Callahan at the end of the season AND hiring an NFL-savvy GM under the condition that he gives him full power to turn the team around.

The team has many favorable issues:

1. Fan base has hit absolute rock bottom and 20-years of losing football. Easy to build on that and recover.

2. Pretty easy path to clean all the deadwood FA. Reed, Davis, Richardson, Trent Williams (high value trade), Moses, Norman, Kerrigan. Decision point on Scherff. He was a Pro Bowl baller in his first seasons but this this year he’s been horrible. I can’t tell if it’s partly due to Moses playing so poorly or he’s just having a bad year. Way too many penalties.

3. Good base of rookie players. With good coaching this would be at least an average team. With another year of good drafting will make this team better. Spending some cap money on a top TE would make for a very good receiver group. Draft picks for OL.

This team could turn around if Snyder takes the right steps and acknowledges past mistakes. Keeping BA in any capacity will kill the GM and/or HC hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 12-03-2019, 09:29 PM   #473
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
If you are going to credit him with projected completions from drops you have to credit him for incompletions on all the sacks he takes from holding the ball too long where most quarterbacks would have thrown the ball away.

If he started from day one and threw the same amount of passes he would almost equal David Carr's record for taking the most sacks.
that is true i was just throwing that out there
Old 12-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #474
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Yeah as really so far, Haskins has delivered in the games he has been in and really growing in his role.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:34 PM   #475
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

For the 2020 draft there should be at least 20 OT's with talent available. I say go for 2 of them. https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2...ugh-attention/

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-05-2019, 05:56 AM   #476
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
For the 2020 draft there should be at least 20 OT's with talent available. I say go for 2 of them. https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2...ugh-attention/
Yup, I’ve been reading the same thing, the crop of tackles is pretty good this year. If we could land chase young in the first and trade TW at the very least for a second...that second rounder could still fetch a quality tackle.

Then again, if we can’t land chase young and the decision is no QB in the first, I’m for taking the Georgia kid at Tackle. From his tape this year, he’s been easily the best tackle in the country..well that’s what I’ve read.

In the same vein of quality of position in the upcoming draft...the tight end quality is garbage. Reading no real first or even high second round picks...most grading 3rd to fourth rounds

He Gets Us
Old 12-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #477
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Yup, I’ve been reading the same thing, the crop of tackles is pretty good this year. If we could land chase young in the first and trade TW at the very least for a second...that second rounder could still fetch a quality tackle.

Then again, if we can’t land chase young and the decision is no QB in the first, I’m for taking the Georgia kid at Tackle. From his tape this year, he’s been easily the best tackle in the country..well that’s what I’ve read.

In the same vein of quality of position in the upcoming draft...the tight end quality is garbage. Reading no real first or even high second round picks...most grading 3rd to fourth rounds
I’m looking at holes that need to be fixed, OT, TE, S, CB, ILB, OLB. I want to move on from fucking Moses and TW, this would help DH.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-05-2019, 09:05 AM   #478
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If the skins pick at 4 or 5 , and Jerry Jeudy is available you have to consider him
Old 12-05-2019, 09:06 AM   #479
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:

Hopefully they'll be some good TEs in free agency available that they will hopefully target. This is a position that seems to fading away though, because the college game is not using them...much like fullbacks.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:13 AM   #480
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If the skins pick at 4 or 5 , and Jerry Jeudy is available you have to consider him
Trade down, get more picks, we are fine at WR and could pick one in a later round. Our primary concern on offense is the Oline and TE period.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Closed Thread