Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Campbell's numbers dont lie

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
Green1
Special Teams

Campbell's numbers dont lie

Every thread someone is calling for campbell to be benched but his numbers are great.
1. Rating: 92.5 Higher than Brady, Big Ben, C. Palmer, Cutler, and Rivers
2. 9th in passing yards: More that Rodgers, Ryan, Palmer, E. Manning, & Cutler
3. 5th in the Comp. Percent. 67.6%: Higher than everyone in the league except P. Manning, Brees, Big Ben, and Chad Penn.

So what else does he have to do to be considered a good QB. The Skins have a good QB, just bad playcalling, no running game, and no O-line. Get off campbell's back. He is doing more with less better than anyone in the NFL. Check the stats the STATS don't lie!

Last edited by Green1; 09-28-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Green1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

He's off to his best start as a pro, and even the sack rate which is probably the most important stat that isn't contained in QB rating is down around career-best levels.

I think he needs to protect the football better, especially on play action plays. He's almost regressed from last year in that respect.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

The thing I wonder though is what are his numbers when the team puts the ball in his hands on 3rd down. I know as a team the Redskins are 14/37 (38%) on third downs but at the same time our opponents are over 50% against our defense with 22/43 (51%).

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Thumbs down Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
The thing I wonder though is what are his numbers when the team puts the ball in his hands on 3rd down. I know as a team the Redskins are 14/37 (38%) on third downs but at the same time our opponents are over 50% against our defense with 22/43 (51%).
JC is having a good year so far, and take that Ravens bull shit off your avatar.. I never jump on some other teams nuts when they are good..
Old 09-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
Wildcat
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
JC is having a good year so far, and take that Ravens bull shit off your avatar.. I never jump on some other teams nuts when they are good..

You see real quick who the TRUE fans are, I bet if WSH won yesterday that ravens avatar would be off! He's like most of these Saints "fan's" down here.. Thats SAD in my opinion.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I think he's part of the avatar mutiny and come on, he's from MD. If I was avatar mutiny...ing, I'd probably throw the Ravens up too. They are somewhat a hometown team. If they go to the playoffs and the Skins don't, I root for the ravens.

People that have such a problem with avatars need to find a new hobby.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #7
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I think he's part of the avatar mutiny and come on, he's from MD. If I was avatar mutiny...ing, I'd probably throw the Ravens up too. They are somewhat a hometown team. If they go to the playoffs and the Skins don't, I root for the ravens.

I am usually a homer. But I hate the Ravens. They have no respect for us and we shouldn't have any for them.

If its avatar mutiny. You should just put up the NFL shield like the rest of us. Unless you lost a bet to a Ravens fan.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I'm just being real bro, pick a team then. You don't see me putting a saints avatar on mine and I used to live there
Old 10-31-2009, 12:34 AM   #9
mcarey032
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
He's off to his best start as a pro, and even the sack rate which is probably the most important stat that isn't contained in QB rating is down around career-best levels.

I think he needs to protect the football better, especially on play action plays. He's almost regressed from last year in that respect.
I believe that is due in part because he is pressing. He is trying to make things happen because the offense in general is so stagnate. I can't say that I blame Campbell. You want to stand tall in the pocket, but when you get sacked 6 times and you are probably hit more than double that it is hard to not try and make something happen.
mcarey032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:42 AM   #10
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarey032 View Post
I believe that is due in part because he is pressing. He is trying to make things happen because the offense in general is so stagnate. I can't say that I blame Campbell. You want to stand tall in the pocket, but when you get sacked 6 times and you are probably hit more than double that it is hard to not try and make something happen.
i would love nothing more than to say he has but he hasn't, i really loved jc when we drafted he considering i HATE bama, but he hasn't panned out, but i know we will dish him out or just drop him striaght up and he will end up tearing it up some where just hopefully in the afc

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:29 AM   #11
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i would love nothing more than to say he has but he hasn't, i really loved jc when we drafted he considering i HATE bama , but he hasn't panned out, but i know we will dish him out or just drop him striaght up and he will end up tearing it up some where just hopefully in the afc
You know JC didn't go to Bama he went to Auburn unless you mean Alabama as a whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:31 AM   #12
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
sometimes he pushes through the pocket.. or won't step into it... moves to the wrong part, etc.. it's frustrating
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:02 PM   #13
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
No he's not. In the first half of the Philly game, there were 2 or 3 plays where he had all day to throw, and instead of going downfield, he either checked down or threw to the flat. If he was desperately trying to make something happen, he would have said eff it and let 'er rip. Even during the best streak of his career, the 6-2 start last year, he threw 8 TDs in 8 games. Big whoop. Aside from Brad Johnson and Trent Green, we've started back-up quality QBs for well over a decade now.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #14
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Good stats, except for how many TDs he's thrown. Where's that stat? You could have a 130 QB rating and 4000+ yards, but at the end of the day when you're not putting the ball in the endzone... Yeah... Almost makes everything else moot.

While that may not be totally JC's fault, everyone's gonna end up pointing their finger at him at the end of the day.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #15
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Good stats, except for how many TDs he's thrown. Where's that stat? You could have a 130 QB rating and 4000+ yards, but at the end of the day when you're not putting the ball in the endzone... Yeah... Almost makes everything else moot.

While that may not be totally JC's fault, everyone's gonna end up pointing their finger at him at the end of the day.
I'm completely going to be a smartass for a second.

The maximum passer rating if the QB doesn't throw any TD's is 118.7. For Campbell's passer rating to be any better than it actually is, he's got to throw for more touchdowns than he does.

In this way, the offenses' struggles are sneaking down to Jason Campbell's stat line, as opposed to the other way around.