Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-26-2020, 10:05 PM   #151
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Darby got burnt bad by Cooper twice but why they kept leaving him on an island, I dunno. But overall he played well. Moreau seems better as a #3 or 4 CB or a backup safety than a #1 or 2. He gets beat bad in coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whats weird is that in both cases he was in position, panicked and no longer was in good position. The TD he slowed down drastically to turn his head for some reason and then it was over.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2020, 01:11 AM   #152
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I don't know about that. McCarthy has made questionable calls all season, Jerry will fire his fat ass. I really think he wants Eberflus.

That fake punt was swinging gate bad.

Old 11-27-2020, 01:14 AM   #153
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Well shit he might be,In the first quarter Aikman was talking about check down Charlie Alex Smith throwing everything short, in the third-quarter he had 79 yards passing! That is ridiculous for a NFL starting quarterback

41 points (really 34). He can check down all day if we get that kind of production.

Old 11-27-2020, 10:01 AM   #154
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
41 points (really 34). He can check down all day if we get that kind of production.

Well duh,Smith barely had anything to do with this win,149 yards passing?🤦🏻*♂️ This was the off line opening gaping holes in the run game,turnovers by Dallas and terrible coaching decisions by MM,and great hustle by McLarin to stop a pick 6.Everyone’s giving Smith a pass because we won,he’s a good guy and it’s a great comeback story,I like him too but his performance was worse than mediocre
Old 11-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #155
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Well duh,Smith barely had anything to do with this win,149 yards passing?* This was the off line opening gaping holes in the run game,turnovers by Dallas and terrible coaching decisions by MM,and great hustle by McLarin to stop a pick 6.Everyone’s giving Smith a pass because we won,he’s a good guy and it’s a great comeback story,I like him too but his performance was worse than mediocre
I think we are 9-3 with AS starting. He may not be the best qb ever but he understands the game and does alot of things right.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #156
skinsfan0201
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think we are 9-3 with AS starting. He may not be the best qb ever but he understands the game and does alot of things right.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I agree, however the mark of the good and great players is that they make those around them better. Alex Smith, check.
skinsfan0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:57 AM   #157
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Well duh,Smith barely had anything to do with this win,149 yards passing?🤦🏻*♂️ This was the off line opening gaping holes in the run game,turnovers by Dallas and terrible coaching decisions by MM,and great hustle by McLarin to stop a pick 6.Everyone’s giving Smith a pass because we won,he’s a good guy and it’s a great comeback story,I like him too but his performance was worse than mediocre
I disagree. Just because he only had 149 yards passing doesn't mean he "barely had anything to do with this win." He's the leader of that offense, he's the one reading the defense, changing in and out of plays, getting the ball to the playmakers. He's never been a guy to throw for 300+ yards a game. He will, on occasion, but I think his career average is probably under 250 yds/game.

Smith had a big part in this win. He doesn't need a pass.

Beyond that, it was a true team win. They played complementary football for maybe the third time all year. But it's the third time in four weeks, which is very encouraging.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 01:33 PM   #158
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I disagree. Just because he only had 149 yards passing doesn't mean he "barely had anything to do with this win." He's the leader of that offense, he's the one reading the defense, changing in and out of plays, getting the ball to the playmakers. He's never been a guy to throw for 300+ yards a game. He will, on occasion, but I think his career average is probably under 250 yds/game.

Smith had a big part in this win. He doesn't need a pass.

Beyond that, it was a true team win. They played complementary football for maybe the third time all year. But it's the third time in four weeks, which is very encouraging.
You make some good points,but we’ve been calling him out for years for his check downs and Aikman was pointing it out in the first quarter that he had receivers open downfield.Am I being too hard on him,maybe
Old 11-28-2020, 03:02 PM   #159
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

F Aikman, he was more biased Thursday than I remember him being in the past. There's open receivers that don't get the ball in every football game, every week.

If they can score 34 points with "check downs", and a good running game, and win the time of possession, I'm on board with that all day, every day.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:12 PM   #160
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
F Aikman, he was more biased Thursday than I remember him being in the past. There's open receivers that don't get the ball in every football game, every week.

If they can score 34 points with "check downs", and a good running game, and win the time of possession, I'm on board with that all day, every day.
He was terrible, more than once did the call a player by the wrong name, like 3 times.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote