Congratulations Caps!!!

Advertisements
Old 06-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #182
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
LOL! You, truly, are the biggest idiot that has ever graced the internet. I, honestly, feel sorry for you. But, unfortunately, this is not the first time you've displayed such hatred and hostility toward people on this forum, and in the same exact manner. You're so blinded by your own hatred and racism that you have an inability to be reasoned with. I could sit here and list out several reasons why I am not racist, could bring in witnesses (all of my friends of color), could show you where I live, but honestly, I'd be wasting my time. Because, you've judged me before really knowing who I am, which is funny, because that is the one thing you complained about in a previous post when you said you'd love to be able to walk down the street without hearing car door locks. Yet, you think it's OK to judge someone as harshly as calling them racist, and not only that, but then to call me the "worst kind of racist". That is a pretty damning indictment that you have no basis of proof.

I knew when I mentioned that run in I had with the black gang, it would have the potential of some weak-minded joker like you to take it as if I was saying black people are criminals and white privilege doesn't exist. My hope was that there would be intelligent enough folk on this board with the intellect to really see what my point really was. And that is simply that there are black folk who, despite the wrongs they have faced and the situations they grew up in, they still make something of themselves, they focus on unity with all races, and they truly take the words of MLK jr literally. But, there are also black folk who are so blinded by hatred, and even white folk who grounded in white guilt, who can't let the past sins of racist people go, that they have it in their minds and hearts to terrorize and exterminate innocent white folk. And that group targeted me, through no fault of my own. And whenever I hear about someone belly-aching about white privilege, I think back to that situation. There was no privilege in me being white. In fact, it nearly got me killed.

And had you had some decency about you, you would have also heard me tell the story of being targeted by a white gang as well. But, by that point, your mind was too far gone down a rabbit hole of figuring out how badly you could insult me, that you were too closed minded to listen to anything else I had to say.

Finally, I never have denied white privilege exists. I merely wanted to know, what is white privilege? Because, I've seen, first hand, privilege only afford to black folk as well. So, I think there are some privileges with every race as well as struggles. I'm not going to split hairs on who struggles more. But I am also smart enough to know that a lot of these social issues are often magnified in the media for political reasons, while stories of multi-racial communities coming together for the good are often ignored, because those stories simply aren't as controversial as stories of tragedy. They are not ratings grabbers. It's like whenever we hear about planes crashing in the media. It's a horrible story, because it usually means lives are lost. But, the media will make it out to be as if plane travel is extremely dangerous and unsafe, while ignoring the fact that there are thousands of other flights that happen in that day that had absolutely no issues. Now, that isn't to say I don't believe there are issues with police brutality with minorities. But, I also believe the media loves a good controversy, and if it helps to push that medium's political agenda, they will run with the story. They love a divided country, because it's bigger business for them.

And as far as Kapernick goes, he has every right to protest the things he wants to protest. While I'd rather see everyone standing for the flag and the NA like I do, I am glad I live in a country that gives people freedom to not stand without being punished. And THAT is where I think the NFL is getting this wrong, as well as President Trump. If you have to force someone to be patriotic, then you've already missed the point.

Too bad, you don't see the message I was really trying to send. But, you've displayed yourself as a pretty pathetic human being, and for that, I truly feel sorry for you.

Hope you didn’t spend too much time on whatever you wrote here because i care more about a fungus growing on the roof of a seagulls mouth than whatever it is you have to say. So just move on with your mixed messages and leave me out of it. Please and thank you.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:52 PM   #183
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
LOL! You, truly, are the biggest idiot that has ever graced the internet. I, honestly, feel sorry for you. But, unfortunately, this is not the first time you've displayed such hatred and hostility toward people on this forum, and in the same exact manner. You're so blinded by your own hatred and racism that you have an inability to be reasoned with. I could sit here and list out several reasons why I am not racist, could bring in witnesses (all of my friends of color), could show you where I live, but honestly, I'd be wasting my time. Because, you've judged me before really knowing who I am, which is funny, because that is the one thing you complained about in a previous post when you said you'd love to be able to walk down the street without hearing car door locks. Yet, you think it's OK to judge someone as harshly as calling them racist, and not only that, but then to call me the "worst kind of racist". That is a pretty damning indictment that you have no basis of proof.

I knew when I mentioned that run in I had with the black gang, it would have the potential of some weak-minded joker like you to take it as if I was saying black people are criminals and white privilege doesn't exist. My hope was that there would be intelligent enough folk on this board with the intellect to really see what my point really was. And that is simply that there are black folk who, despite the wrongs they have faced and the situations they grew up in, they still make something of themselves, they focus on unity with all races, and they truly take the words of MLK jr literally. But, there are also black folk who are so blinded by hatred, and even white folk who grounded in white guilt, who can't let the past sins of racist people go, that they have it in their minds and hearts to terrorize and exterminate innocent white folk. And that group targeted me, through no fault of my own. And whenever I hear about someone belly-aching about white privilege, I think back to that situation. There was no privilege in me being white. In fact, it nearly got me killed.

And had you had some decency about you, you would have also heard me tell the story of being targeted by a white gang as well. But, by that point, your mind was too far gone down a rabbit hole of figuring out how badly you could insult me, that you were too closed minded to listen to anything else I had to say.

Finally, I never have denied white privilege exists. I merely wanted to know, what is white privilege? Because, I've seen, first hand, privilege only afford to black folk as well. So, I think there are some privileges with every race as well as struggles. I'm not going to split hairs on who struggles more. But I am also smart enough to know that a lot of these social issues are often magnified in the media for political reasons, while stories of multi-racial communities coming together for the good are often ignored, because those stories simply aren't as controversial as stories of tragedy. They are not ratings grabbers. It's like whenever we hear about planes crashing in the media. It's a horrible story, because it usually means lives are lost. But, the media will make it out to be as if plane travel is extremely dangerous and unsafe, while ignoring the fact that there are thousands of other flights that happen in that day that had absolutely no issues. Now, that isn't to say I don't believe there are issues with police brutality with minorities. But, I also believe the media loves a good controversy, and if it helps to push that medium's political agenda, they will run with the story. They love a divided country, because it's bigger business for them.

And as far as Kapernick goes, he has every right to protest the things he wants to protest. While I'd rather see everyone standing for the flag and the NA like I do, I am glad I live in a country that gives people freedom to not stand without being punished. And THAT is where I think the NFL is getting this wrong, as well as President Trump. If you have to force someone to be patriotic, then you've already missed the point.

Too bad, you don't see the message I was really trying to send. But, you've displayed yourself as a pretty pathetic human being, and for that, I truly feel sorry for you.
This is how you dress someone down. I feel like I have a PhD in the subject, but this is a master class.

Punch you don't think too well.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:43 PM   #184
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I hereby move to have this thread sent to hell
This post has been cracking me up for 2 days. So funny.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 06-08-2018 at 07:28 PM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:55 PM   #185
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This is how you dress someone down. I feel like I have a PhD in the subject, but this is a master class.

Punch you don't think too well.

The only person I care less about on this board than the guy who doesn’t believe in white privilege because he was held up by a black guy is you. But you already knew that.
For the record, if I cared enough to read his posts and get into some sort of dress down rumble on the internet with him - I would. But I dont.

Last edited by punch it in; 06-08-2018 at 04:45 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:52 PM   #186
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
The only person I care less about on this board than the guy who doesn’t believe in white privilege because he was held up by a black guy is you. But you already knew that.
For the record, if I cared enough to read his posts and get into some sort of dress down rumble on the internet with him - I would. But I dont.
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Old 07-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #187
MTK
\m/

He just can't let it go

Trump calls new anthem policy “worse”
Old 07-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #188
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Well, in some ways, it is worse - just not maybe the way in which Trump is talking about. I don't believe the owners HAD to institute any new anthem rules, they could have just let this die down like it was already doing toward the end of the season.

However, while the % is skewed in terms of the ratings drop (probably not 20% according to Trump), the truth is, the NFL has had some ratings drop, and the NFL does need to look into why the ratings are dropping. Personally, I think the ratings drop is more about an over-saturation of the product rather than CTE or the politics. And I do agree with Trump when it comes to Goodell. You're paying this guy $40M, and how often do we complain about his direction as an NFL commissioner?

Truth is, the sport may have lost the casual fan, but it's the hardcore football fans that keep the sport going. But if you start losing the hardcore fan, you'd better revamp the product.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:45 PM   #189
MTK
\m/

The issue wasn't going away, not as long as Trump is in office. It's way too easy of a target for him. The NFL had to do something.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:08 PM   #190
MTK
\m/

For The Last Time: NFL Ratings Are Not Down. They're Up, Compared To Everything Else

Interesting point here, I think Netflix, YouTube, and cord cutters in general are taking their toll across the board when it comes to ratings. To single out the NFL just isn't looking at the big picture.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:13 PM   #191
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The issue wasn't going away, not as long as Trump is in office. It's way too easy of a target for him. The NFL had to do something.
Exactly. trump will go after the NFL becuase it keeps his name in the paper and it doesn't mention russia .He thinks if he insults the rich (mostly black) NFL players the trump cult will grow bigger and forget he sold out his country and his soul to putin.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #192
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

This is a Redskins football site. I hate politics on this site.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #193
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
For The Last Time: NFL Ratings Are Not Down. They're Up, Compared To Everything Else

Interesting point here, I think Netflix, YouTube, and cord cutters in general are taking their toll across the board when it comes to ratings. To single out the NFL just isn't looking at the big picture.
Conveniently leaves out a big stat here...while trying to apple and orange products. What’s the biggest comparable product to the NFL not included?

College Football....and the fact ratings are way up. If Coke sales dropped 15%(huge in the marketplace...NFL yuge) wouldn’t you look at Diet Coke sales?

Also I like how he admits nfl ratings are down but. Streaming has affected tv watching for years...but the nfl before that protest had bucked it.

The protests have certainly affected viewership and the slip in ratings and merchandise are evident to nfl and tv executives.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:40 PM   #194
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:

This rings true... The only reason I have DirecTV (what a trash service by the way. It's slow, changing channels takes forever, the DVR strokes out fairly often but I have to use it to get the Redskins because the NFL is still living in the 1980s. If they want to keep people engaged, they need to make their product easier to consume especially with an increasingly transient population.

There is a streaming service - but they won't sell you the Sunday Ticket Stream if you can get a dish at your location. It's really quite frustrating and the blame for it is 100% on the NFL by giving exclusivity contracts.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:50 AM   #195
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Exactly. trump will go after the NFL becuase it keeps his name in the paper and it doesn't mention russia .He thinks if he insults the rich (mostly black) NFL players the trump cult will grow bigger and forget he sold out his country and his soul to putin.
There is a train of thought out there about Trump on this issue. Theory is Trump has a serious axe to grind against the NFL. Especially the owners. Seems Trump made a bid to buy the Buffalo Bills in 2014 and the owners 'blackballed' him by not approving the sale. Thoughts are he did not like being prevented from joining that elite fraternity of NFL owners. No matter what the league did here, Trump would find fault in it.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote