Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Healthcare thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-03-2020, 03:49 PM   #16
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Healthcare thread

This thread is kind of weird.

To say our healthcare is dependent upon the health of our weakest link can only apply - albeit in a very loose manner - in the case of a new communicable disease against which there is no built up herd immunity. It doesn't apply in any other way.

Coronavirus is definitely more dangerous than the flu. How do you measure danger? If you get it, what is the probability then that you will die? The chances of dying once you've caught Coronavirus are much higher than the chances of dying once you've caught Influenza. Coronavirus just isn't nearly as prevalent... yet. Chances are it will hit a wall like SARS did in the summer when it gets hot and humid, when viruses generally don't hold up. Notice there are no outbreaks in the southern hemisphere, where it's currently summer?

By then hopefully we'll get a vaccine in place to stop it when it pops up again in 2021.

Healthcare is about everything from managing chronic genetic conditions to recovering from catastrophic traumatic injury to managing your blood pressure and cholesterol to getting enough exercise to maintaining your blood sugar for diabetic patients... and on and on. To boil it down to a discussion specific to a brand new communicable disease is kind of asinine.

Advertisements
Old 03-03-2020, 09:15 PM   #17
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
He never said it was a hoax get your facts right.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/
LOL, you talk about getting the facts straight yet in the previous post you lie about the ACA numbers . I have never said it was perfect but it was a start with problems that could and can be fixed .
Old 03-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #18
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, you talk about getting the facts straight yet in the previous post you lie about the ACA numbers . I have never said it was perfect but it was a start with problems that could and can be fixed .
Please point out any lies I posted.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:24 AM   #19
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:

Why are you so silent when I asked you to point out these lies you claim I made?
Old 03-11-2020, 10:23 AM   #20
MTK
\m/

This shit is just downright irresponsible

This Trish Regan rant on coronavirus is something else
Old 03-11-2020, 06:51 PM   #21
Giantone
Gamebreaker

...........lets not worry about this and bitch about Obama care instead.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:05 AM   #22
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
...........lets not worry about this and bitch about Obama care instead.
Well you called me a liar but you cannot point out what you say I lied about.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:18 AM   #23
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Well you called me a liar but you cannot point out what you say I lied about.
He thinks if he repeats it enough others will take it as fact and run with it. Guys on another board I no longer go to would constantly do that. Usually it was lefties claiming people made racists comments in the past. That made them the liars as any person making racist comments was quickly banned.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:31 AM   #24
MTK
\m/

Ugh everyone just grow up and move on FFS
Old 03-12-2020, 11:48 PM   #25
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Serious question:

What’s the downside of a socialized health care system?

Your taxes go up a little, but then you don’t have to pay deductibles or premiums. Studies vary, but they all show it comes close to evening out for the average citizen. No more medical bills. No more fighting with insurance companies. No more medical debt.

So what’s the downside?

We already have socialized primary education systems, Socialized infrastructure, social security, etc. we’re all used to paying taxes that benefit society as a whole - so why is it some people are so vehemently opposed to doing the same for health care?

I fundamentally don’t understand why something which benefits EVERYONE is so controversial. So if you think it’s a horrible idea, please explain to me why you think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:25 AM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Still old enough to remember when Obamacare was view as an impenetrable solution and opposition to the idea was scoffed at. And now they want my trust to scrap it all and tell me they have another right answer...more government.

Forget the fact I pay for my own health care which is great.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:39 AM   #27
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Serious question:

What’s the downside of a socialized health care system?

Your taxes go up a little, but then you don’t have to pay deductibles or premiums. Studies vary, but they all show it comes close to evening out for the average citizen. No more medical bills. No more fighting with insurance companies. No more medical debt.

So what’s the downside?

We already have socialized primary education systems, Socialized infrastructure, social security, etc. we’re all used to paying taxes that benefit society as a whole - so why is it some people are so vehemently opposed to doing the same for health care?

I fundamentally don’t understand why something which benefits EVERYONE is so controversial. So if you think it’s a horrible idea, please explain to me why you think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a lot of money taken out of my paycheck so I have the privilege of paying an annual 4k deductible for me and my daughter. But we have BCBS, good coverage.

For my daughter first year after birth, I saw what facilities accept medicaid and they are very limited, flooded, not the best, hard to get appointments and mostly dirtier than places that only accept private health.

I am afraid I will then be waiting hours in waiting rooms with poor people and their germs and if I need an appointment for like a dermatologist ... appointments will be 6 plus months out.

My ex is on medicaid and honestly, if she needed like a derm .. it would be 6m months plus, probably never. She had to wait 5 months to see an internist. But they do some things well, she gets a medical ride to her PT appointments and now has set appointments with her internist.

As someone who makes 100k, works, etc ... I then get put in the same line as as meth heads and people who dont work, have shitty health, feeds their kids sugar crap and tend to make a zillion appointments for anything .. so when someone normal like me goes to make an appointment for something that is truly medically necessary .. I have to wait weeks or months so a meth head can get their come down medicine or an obese sugar eating cigarette smoking mom can get a bunion checked out.

/end ignorant rant but that is my worry and i imagine a lot of other peoples.and I admit it is probably mostly uneducated ignorance on my part but im being honest.

** unless you have been on medicaid in a high population area, I dont think you have a real life view of what it would be like. its pretty shitty if you need outpatient help, so most people on medicaid or no ins treat ERs like walk in clinics .. bc all walk in clinics I have been to dont accept medicaid.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:13 PM   #28
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2834...7i16384!8i8192

^^ click on this link. Its the google street view of my kids Adventure Dental dentist for her first year or so when she was on medicaid in Baltimore City.

^^ this is her dentist office now. They have freaking tvs on the ceiling and toy dispensers when they kids leave.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:20 PM   #29
MTK
\m/

^ I guess I'm not understanding why you think health coverage for all means you'll be forced to visit a backroom slum Dr?
Old 03-13-2020, 12:28 PM   #30
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
^ I guess I'm not understanding why you think health coverage for all means you'll be forced to visit a backroom slum Dr?
Be nice for a Canadian to chime in and give their opinion. I think everyone can agree our system is broken and needs help/fix'n.