Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

USC Fans.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-25-2004, 09:03 PM   #16
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I don't think Clarett is worthy of a 1st round pick, but I'd spend our 2nd (or our former 2nd) on him in a heartbeat. He has all the instincts a player needs to do well in this league. Could he be a bust? Sure, everyone is!

Sorry Sports your analogy doesn't fit. We're the teams that those QBs played for ever ranked #1 at the end of the season? Obviously they weren't. I'm not comparing player vs player, I'm comparing team vs team. That's like saying the loser of the AFC championship was the super bowl winner. It didn't happen, therefore it's not true.

Did Clarett mess up? Yes. He was a kid in college who is a huge star yet restricted from making any money. These guys can't get part time jobs. Where do they get money for things that the school doesn't pay for? I'm sure Clarett had an allowance, but not a very large one.

As far as coming out before he ruined his collegic career? Nope. He had wanted to come out the whole time, perhaps not being able to play added a little incentive, but he told numerous people he wanted to leave and join the NFL. LeBron James, one of his close friends urged him to try to change things.

Sports - depending on the team he goes to, I'm willing to make you a bet that within three years Clarett is one of the top 10 rushers in the league. Provided he's on a somewhat decent team and he's not behind a franchise back. More than anything, he wants to play. This isn't a Clarett discussion though, I don't know where you even got his name from in this thread, feel free to blast my opinions in a thread built for Clarett, take your pick of em!

I just think it's one hell of a double standard to say Clarett is a greedy bastard but you can't blame Mike WIlliams. Just doesn't make sense. So you're telling me had Mike Williams sued and won and Clarett came in there wouldn't be a controversey? Please.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2004, 10:03 PM   #17
cpayne5
Playmaker

If Williams had screwed up and then tried to force his way in, I'd feel the same way about him as I do Clarett. If Clarett had been in Williams shoes, having the door opened for him, I wouldn't be as angry at him. It's not a double standard. It's as simple as me disrepecting the player who was childish enough to force his way into the NFL rather than stay in college and try to fix the mess that he made. It is possible to make up for mistakes that occur in college. Just ask Laveranues Coles. It just really ticks me off that Clarett screwed up and doesn't want to correct it himself, he wants someone else to ultimately pay for it.

As for where Clarett's name was injected into this thread, take a look at your initial post.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:25 AM   #18
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Only reason I used Clarett is so that people that maybe weren't famillier with Mike Williams knew he was following in Clarett's shoes. It was a discussion about Williams, not Clarett himself. It looks to me as if he's fixed his mistake. He's revolutionized football and he's playing for money, wait, he advanced his situation.

Also, who's paying for it? The league? No. It will be the same as ever, it's not like because people 1-2 years younger are coming in that all of a sudden they're playing pee-wee football. They're going to keep evolving as a league and they're going to still play the same calliber of football.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote