Guice injured again

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-13-2019, 10:54 AM   #106
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Guice injured again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The game plan against Philly was clearly pass heavy, if the D could have held up their end of the bargain nobody would care about the lack of a running game right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People are acting like we got blown out like the Giants, Steelers, or the Dolphins. Yes, it is ridiculously frustrating to see the team get outplayed in a quarter, but also if the team was a few plays from changing the outcome of the game, then perhaps we're not as terrible as people think.

Also, I'm not excusing the coaching and the players for the f'ups they did. It is just that I also see how well they played, and if they can find a way to sustain that, they can win games. If I don't do that, what's the point of being a fan?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-13-2019, 10:54 AM   #107
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
D Jax ability is not surprising...but the fact we have the exact same problem with communication in the secondary this game which we had all last season is disgraceful. Torrian Gray was the scapegoat and lo and behold it seems worse this year so far than last year. Its just pathetic.
I honestly wasn't surprised by the lack of communication seeing as we always have it. The first TD, Desean is going to run by Josh Norman every single time. No if's and's or but's about that one. The way Carson launched the 2nd one before the camera even moved I knew Desean was wide open. Also, Montae isn't good. Our coaching never seems to fix anything either. So nah it didn't surprise me.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:56 AM   #108
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
People are acting like we got blown out like the Giants, Steelers, or the Dolphins. Yes, it is ridiculously frustrating to see the team get outplayed in a quarter, but also if the team was a few plays from changing the outcome of the game, then perhaps we're not as terrible as people think.

Also, I'm not excusing the coaching and the players for the f'ups they did. It is just that I also see how well they played, and if they can find a way to sustain that, they can win games. If I don't do that, what's the point of being a fan?
What pisses me off is the lack of 2nd half fire and adjustments and that they converted almost every 3rd down in the 2nd half. All 3 TD passes came on 3rd down, and to top it off a 19 play 10 minute drive in the 4th quarter. That is just taking the will of a team away.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:00 AM   #109
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I honestly wasn't surprised by the lack of communication seeing as we always have it. The first TD, Desean is going to run by Josh Norman every single time. No if's and's or but's about that one. The way Carson launched the 2nd one before the camera even moved I knew Desean was wide open. Also, Montae isn't good. Our coaching never seems to fix anything either. So nah it didn't surprise me.
True...that second one was the big one...I don't know whose fault but that was terrible.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:02 AM   #110
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
What pisses me off is the lack of 2nd half fire and adjustments and that they converted almost every 3rd down in the 2nd half. All 3 TD passes came on 3rd down, and to top it off a 19 play 10 minute drive in the 4th quarter. That is just taking the will of a team away.
I also agree with Cooley and Portis, in that they need to simplify things with this team. You got a 7th round rookie on your lineup? Don't go all complicated and adjust to the situation. Your opponents offense just went on a long drive and scored after the half? Run the f*cking ball and maintain control of the T.O.P. and let your defense rest.

Also, players need to step up and do their f*cking job. Morgan Moses, needs to STFU and worry about his own play. I think Cooley or Portis said something about poor execution by the players on defense. Both players and coaches need to get their act together. They can play, we saw it for a half, they just need to get their heads out of their asses and stop getting in their own way.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-13-2019, 11:03 AM   #111
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
True...that second one was the big one...I don't know whose fault but that was terrible.
I know in one of DJax's TDs, Jimmy Moreland had not idea what was going on.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-13-2019, 06:51 PM   #112
skinsfan69
Living Legend

[QUOTE=EARTHQUAKE2689;1229857]What pisses me off is the lack of 2nd half fire and adjustments and that they converted almost every 3rd down in the 2nd half. All 3 TD passes came on 3rd down, and to top it off a 19 play 10 minute drive in the 4th quarter. That is just taking the will of a team away.[/QUOTE]

I blame Gruden. He's hired Barry and now Manusky. These guys are not good d-coordinators. It's all on Gruden. Gruden was hired by Allen so there you go. Losers hire people that are not a threat to them.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:14 PM   #113
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I wonder if the outside consultants that looked over the injury concerns looked at our drafting and keeping previously injured players relative to teams that have the fewest injuries
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #114
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Montae's
Old 10-28-2019, 04:14 PM   #115
SunnySide
Playmaker

Craig Hoffman
‏Verified account @CraigHoffman
1h1 hour ago

Callahan to the podium. He confirms they’ve launched the practice window for Derrius Guice from IR. They anticipate it being the minimum two weeks and he’ll be good to go after the bye.

Case Keenum didn’t practice today and is considered day-to-day.
--------------------------------------------

I love Guice's attitude. Excited and hopeful he gets the remainder of the season to show what he has. Would be nice to check 3 down back off the list.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #116
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Craig Hoffman
‏Verified account @CraigHoffman
1h1 hour ago

Callahan to the podium. He confirms they’ve launched the practice window for Derrius Guice from IR. They anticipate it being the minimum two weeks and he’ll be good to go after the bye.

Case Keenum didn’t practice today and is considered day-to-day.
--------------------------------------------

I love Guice's attitude. Excited and hopeful he gets the remainder of the season to show what he has. Would be nice to check 3 down back off the list.
Good to hear but after these B2B long term injuries I am very wary about trusting Guice long term. Idk where we go with running back after this but between him and Love we have roster spots tied up in guys who can't play.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote