Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-20-2020, 10:01 AM   #1
SunnySide
Playmaker

Coronavirus (political)

The plan, which McConnell said Thursday creates “money for people, from the middle class down, period,” includes direct payments of $1,200 per person and $2,400 for couples to help offset economic losses amid the growing pandemic. But the provision that Hawley labeled “regressive” states that size of the checks will be halved for Americans with no federal income tax liability. While the Senate Finance Committee said the bill “ensures relief gets to low-income seniors and disabled veterans,” the plan will also affect poor Americans.

Earlier this week, Hawley released his own plan targeted at all single parents making less than $50,000, and all married parents making less than $100,000, to assist working families with cash payments — a proposal enthusiastically endorsed by Quinton Lucas, Democratic mayor of Kansas City, Missouri.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hawley-cr...120659862.html

President Donald Trump made clear Tuesday that the massive economic stimulus package his administration is proposing to deal with the coronavirus crisis will include a multibillion-dollar bailout both for the U.S. airlines and for Boeing.

“Yes, I think we have to protect Boeing,” Trump said. “We have to absolutely help Boeing.”

Boeing said Tuesday it’s asking for “a minimum of $60 billion … for the aerospace manufacturing industry” in a combination of direct taxpayer money and loans from banks backed by government guarantees.

The nation’s America’s aerospace industry supports over 2.5 million jobs and 17,000 suppliers, Boeing said in a statement, and government financial support is “needed to manage the pressure on the aviation sector and the economy as a whole.”

U.S. airlines are also seeking over $50 billion in financial assistance, including grants, tax relief and government-backed loans.

That’s hard to swallow for critics of big business, who point to the billions of dollars in profits both U.S. airlines and Boeing have made over the past decade — profits that management used in good measure to pay tens of millions of dollars to top executives, to juice the stock price with massive share buybacks and to deliver handsome dividends to shareholders.
https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...g-the-benefit/

1. Checks to americans. I wouldnt get a penny and Im fine with that. Im not sure what 2 checks for like $700 each will do, I imagine it will just get absorbed in a day and we are right back to where we were a few days before but now with a huge debt.

2. Boening .. go fuck yourself. 60 billion? Your fucking stock is still going up .. fuck off. Trillionaires asking for billions. The loses arent even fully realized yet but we are just going to start throwing big money at big companies ...

Advertisements
Old 03-20-2020, 10:06 AM   #2
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Coronavirus (political)

This thread can be for political aspects of the Coronavirus.

Its so intimately intertwined with each other ... but our non-political thread is doing a great job of just focusing on the impact on us personally and talking the real human aspects and how we are doing day to day .... I didnt want to introduce politics into that discussion.

BUT WAIT .... THAT DOESNT MEAN THIS HAS TO TURN INTO TRIBAL TRENCH WARFARE

We can talk about things being done, not being done while focusing on what is best for the country.

I imagine this thread wont get to much activity but I wanted a place I or others could dump political related coronavirus stuff without tainting our non-political thread.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

Sens. Dianne Feinstein, Jim Inhofe made stock trades before coronavirus pandemic
Old 03-20-2020, 12:27 PM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I understand the need for this thread, but this thing has gotten so "real" it shouldn't be a political ballgame. I hope this thread is forever unused. (at least until we are on the right side of the virus curve)
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:46 AM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I understand the need for this thread, but this thing has gotten so "real" it shouldn't be a political ballgame. I hope this thread is forever unused. (at least until we are on the right side of the virus curve)
We agree but even the right is having a problem with the GOP , a good break down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Old 03-21-2020, 05:47 AM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

If this gets proved all of them need to be shit canned!
Old 03-21-2020, 08:30 AM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
If this gets proved all of them need to be shit canned!
+1

If any of them were preaching calm "don't overreact/etc." messages to the public and then freaking out and selling stocks behind closed doors I hope they all get voted out in their next election.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:45 PM   #8
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
+1

If any of them were preaching calm "don't overreact/etc." messages to the public and then freaking out and selling stocks behind closed doors I hope they all get voted out in their next election.
Prison time for insider trading. What a bunch of assholes!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:14 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.dailywire.com/news/chine...tacks-on-trump

Chinese State Communist Propaganda Promotes Hillary’s Coronavirus Attacks On Trump

Ffs. This is exactly why this pc woke bullshit is fucking up this country. Why are the gop obsessed with Hillary, because she refuses to go away and becomes propaganda for communist talking points. China is using this shit and it’s effective.

After this is over, I hope we punish the Chinese in a way it sets them back 500 years.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #10
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/chine...tacks-on-trump

Chinese State Communist Propaganda Promotes Hillary’s Coronavirus Attacks On Trump

Ffs. This is exactly why this pc woke bullshit is fucking up this country. Why are the gop obsessed with Hillary, because she refuses to go away and becomes propaganda for communist talking points. China is using this shit and it’s effective.

After this is over, I hope we punish the Chinese in a way it sets them back 500 years.
“The president is turning to racist rhetoric to distract from his failures to take the coronavirus seriously early on, make tests widely available, and adequately prepare the country for a period of crisis,” Clinton wrote on Twitter. “Don’t fall for it. Don’t let your friends and family fall for it.”

^^ thats hillary clintons tweet.

Many people are critical of Trumps response. Many people think Trump insisting on calling the "Chinese Virus" is not helpful and is dog whistle to absolve him of any and all blame for his failures to act.

Clintons tweet was nothing out of the ordinary.

Trumps one response is that he placed a travel ban on China. Thank you for that. I personally dont have much against Trump on this. Yes he downplayed it and said it would go from 15 to 0 very soon. Yes he still hasnt officially ordered companies to start producing ventilators and masks under the DPA (but has been working with private companies?).

Honestly, my one suggestion would be for him to just stop talking at this point. Last week he did a press conf with various governors and trump said for them to purchase medical supplies. Governors said they are trying but are constantly getting outbid by the federal government bids.

trump chuckled and seemed pleased his federal government won.

Its all about "winning" for his team.
--------------
During a conference call with governors on Thursday, Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker told Trump his state was denied three major orders of equipment because the federal government had outbid him.

"I'm not quite sure what to do with this, so I'm just going to throw it out there for you," Baker told Trump on the call, according to Bloomberg News. "We took very seriously the push ... that we should not just rely on the stockpile, that we should go out there and buy stuff and put in orders and try to create pressure on manufacturers and distributors, and I gotta tell you that on three big orders, we lost to the feds."

Baker, a moderate Republican, added, "I've got a feeling that if someone has the chance to sell to you and to sell to me, I am going to lose on every one of those."

Trump chuckled at that and then said the federal government probably offered the manufacturers a better price.

"Price is always a component of that also," Trump said. "And maybe that's why you lost to the feds, okay, I'll tell you, that's probably why."
https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...upplies-2020-3
-------------------

Let Pence and his team work with the governors.

I trust Pence to be straight forward and actually work with the States.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:34 AM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Calling it China virus, Wuhan virus isn’t racist. It’s fighting a China disinformation campaign currently underway. Do you need help finding information on this campaign? This campaign is too absolve blame and say this started elsewhere. We know it’s working as the excuses for China are being made.

Clinton’s tweet is being used in this propaganda campaign by a shithole country that is the absolute only reason the entire world is dealing with this epidemic. They lied, covered up, let it sick fucking people travel throughout the world spreading it. That’s a fact jack. So keep carrying its water...

January 14 WHO statement: China has found no evidence of human to human transmission of the virus.

That’s the statement which will haunt them as they are then advising government agencies based on this information

He Gets Us
Old 03-23-2020, 11:35 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fuck China

He Gets Us
Old 03-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #13
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I had to deactivate my Facebook acct because of the conspiracy theories being passed around on top of the misinformation and people posting pics of empty shelves,that was bringing my anxiety to a head,and I dont normally suffer from anxiety.People quit posting these pics! I think social media is probably to blame for the TP shortage,it spreads like wildfire and just gets everyone panicked to go out and buy more shit.I wish Facebook would crash
Old 03-23-2020, 12:17 PM   #14
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

This is one of the things I'm seeing being passed around,some of my best friends believe this and some relatives.Whether you are Republican or Democrat I dont see how you can believe this.
So the story is the Democrats invented the virus and planted it because this would keep Trump from being re-elected.So the Dems have put the worlds economy in the dumper just to get rid of Trump.The believers of this story like to say that if the elections got postponed and Trump would stay Prez this whole virus thing would go away.

Now sometimes I will believe some crazy shit,but I just cant fathom this story being true
Old 03-23-2020, 12:24 PM   #15
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Fuck China
Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."

China is a snake. I am not surprised they tried to downplay it. However, I can compartamentalize the various intertwined issues.

Yes, China sucks, has always sucked and will continue to suck and cannot be trusted.

Yes, it absolutely came from China and China downplayed it putting the entire planet at a higher risk.

Yes, we as americans can still criticize our government for the actions or inactions since they were put on notice.

Yes, there are some legit criticisms to be made.

I blame China up to January 23 or so. After that, we were on clear notice and we are responsible for our decisions made after that.

I can blame China for their part, and question my government for their part.

Criticizing trump does not equal sticking up for China. To take such a narrow view and then mandate everyone think or speak only in your terms and all others are "carrying Chinas water ..."

lol come on man.

thats such simpleton thinking. thats dumbing down this thing to a second grade level.