WSH v.s. JAX game analysis

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #31
MTK
\m/

Re: WSH v.s. JAX game analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Matty, you are right.. Right after game, I immediately checked the stats because I felt like Torain was given ball like 10-12 times but I saw that he got ball 20 times, which is good balance.. It's just that I believe that by giving Torain more balls would put us in better position to convert 3rd down plays..

Beem, I'm not sure if Torain is a type of back who can carry the rock 30 times or so neither.. But we do have Williams who showed us that he is a capable of running the ball..
You know he had 3 carries for negative yards, and 8 carries where he gained 0-2 yards.

Considering he had that 17 yard run, you can see he really wasn't very effective all day.

Advertisements
Old 12-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #32
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You know he had 3 carries for negative yards, and 8 carries where he gained 0-2 yards.

Considering he had that 17 yard run, you can see he really wasn't very effective all day.
Ah.. I should have taken a closer look before saying something, I guess lol
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #33
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
X 2. i didn't like it when he was signed but he proved me wrong.
Definitely an upgrade from Smoot...and much cheaper too.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #34
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I just wonder about the offense. Why can't they score 30 points when they don't need to? Is it a mental thing? Seems like they only score a lot of points when there's a shootout. Same thing goes when they're in the 2-minute drill like we saw against Tampa Bay. Only when the game is on the line does the offense wake up and play with intensity.

If the other team is struggling offensively, as we saw today, it's practically a given that the Skins will struggle too.
I think tempo is a big deal. Look around the league for the good offenses and they all have such a quick tempo to them. The plays come in quickly and they get out of the huddle fast (or they no-huddle). The Qb gets up and switches protection and then snap and the play is over. Do it all over again. When we pick our tempo back up we seem to execute better too.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:26 PM   #35
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I just wonder about the offense. Why can't they score 30 points when they don't need to? Is it a mental thing? Seems like they only score a lot of points when there's a shootout. Same thing goes when they're in the 2-minute drill like we saw against Tampa Bay. Only when the game is on the line does the offense wake up and play with intensity.

If the other team is struggling offensively, as we saw today, it's practically a given that the Skins will struggle too.
We can only score against bad defenses.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote