Vikings Post-game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-06-2022, 07:59 PM   #16
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Vikings Post-game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Turner must suffer from ADHD, we are supposed to be running the Air Coryell offense. One of the main things of the Air Coryell offense is to establish the running game, then the pass. This fucking idiot never ever allows the running game to get into the flow of the game and starts passing putting the team in poor field position. If you see your QB getting the ball batted down like 4-5 times, run the fucking ball, the vikes were expecting the pass and kept knocking the ball down. This team has many weapons and he is not utilizing them, use Rogers (I think he's our best TE), pound the ball, use all our WR's.

Ron give Howell a chance before is too late.

Great games by Allen, Payne, Sweat, Davis, Curl, Fuller, St. Juste, Samuel and even McCain.

RIP Coy Gibbs, poor Joe has lost both of his sons before the age of 50. Sad day.
Can't even imagine what coach Gibbs and Pat are going through right now. It is just gut wrenching.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-06-2022, 08:00 PM   #17
SunnySide
Playmaker

Normally when we lose it doesn’t effect me. I watch trying to find individual small things to enjoy but don’t really invest emotionally.

I was pissed after this one. I haven’t been emotionally triggered by this team in a while.

3 game win streak, up by 10, defense playing real well against a bonafide good offense ….. Just when I think it’s safe they sucked me back in today
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 08:07 PM   #18
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
https://twitter.com/pff/status/15894...5TKUnuoA-nwh7w

Ok this is pretty damn funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is some good shit. Good for Cousins. He is on a good team but I was impressed w/ him today. Our d-line was getting after him. He took some big hits but he stood in there and threw some really great balls. He is a dork and all but he is also a tough sob. He never misses games, ever.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:08 PM   #19
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Normally when we lose it doesn’t effect me. I watch trying to find individual small things to enjoy but don’t really invest emotionally.

I was pissed after this one. I haven’t been emotionally triggered by this team in a while.

3 game win streak, up by 10, defense playing real well against a bonafide good offense ….. Just when I think it’s safe they sucked me back in today
Sadly I don't care enough anymore to get mad.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:13 PM   #20
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
That is some good shit. Good for Cousins. He is on a good team but I was impressed w/ him today. Our d-line was getting after him. He took some big hits but he stood in there and threw some really great balls. He is a dork and all but he is also a tough sob. He never misses games, ever.

That’s one thing I have always said about Kirk. He is Reliable every week. Is he Elite? No but he’s always been a good QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2022, 08:37 PM   #21
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Lol,I felt same way,didn’t think I cared anymore then this bs today
Old 11-06-2022, 08:43 PM   #22
HTTR
Special Teams

I barely avoided getting sucked back into caring too much about a loss. It was nice to see that we were competitive and probably better than pulling off a fluke upset and forgetting that (1) we don’t have a QB, (2) our O line is patchy, (3) our play calling is inconsistent and at times illogical, and (4) our HC is a bad game manager. Not going to pick on the D today. In the end, the better offensive team won, and we should stay positive by repeating the mantra “Dan is selling, Dan is selling.”
Old 11-06-2022, 08:52 PM   #23
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Was at a memorial service all day. No televisions and completely forgot about football until i got home an hour ago. Literally never checked my phone to see the scores or my fantasy team. Absolutely forgot it was a football Sunday. Reading the two game threads for the story. Sounds to me like Ron and Scott are still holding this team back and Taylor is still a jag.

What is up with the D seemingly shutting them down until there are ten minutes left in the game and giving up three scores though?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 08:57 PM   #24
That Guy
Living Legend

bad team plays bad? This is why the staff felt like they needed to go dump money on a QB. It still almost worked out today anyways. D is playing better (for the most part), we'll win some more games, but we've been out of the playoff hunt (by reasonable measures). So it's either try to win some more games w/ TH or CW for a bit or give Howell some time now(ish).
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 09:04 PM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Thing that is absolutely disgusting: outside of Leno and Cosmi the Oline is really troubling. Guys who need to go this offseason are Norwell, Trai Turner, Charles. Roullier has become an injury prone disappointment. We need to add pieces including a high draft pick or spend some bigger money at Right Guard. Fuck Ron Rivera as GM. Penalties on special teams

Things I like: Jamin Davis being comfortable and improving this year. Daron Payne and Jon Allen just dominate. Combo of B Rob and Gibson running the ball. I like the way our secondary is playing since Will Jax has sat.

We need a QB and better pieces along the Oline. I’m leaning towards keeping Payne and Allen duo in the center of Dline.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 09:34 PM   #26
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I didn’t watch today so I don’t have the emotional vested interest in blowing a 10 pt 4th quarter lead, but it is hard for me to be upset about losing to Vikings. They are the second best team we’ve played this season and we held their O to 20. They probably have the two seed in NFC.
Old 11-06-2022, 09:56 PM   #27
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I didn’t watch today so I don’t have the emotional vested interest in blowing a 10 pt 4th quarter lead, but it is hard for me to be upset about losing to Vikings. They are the second best team we’ve played this season and we held their O to 20. They probably have the two seed in NFC.
Defense played well today. Our run defense is stout, held cook in check.The secondary played well, they gave up two td through the air that were just perfect throw, both td throws they had great coverage. The only thing on defense today that frustrated me was the coverage on their new Tight end Hockenson…sometimes they just let him run free, one time Davis got beat 10 yards. Justin Jefferson is gonna get his, but we broke up a TD and couple other pass plays against him.

The dline had Cousins under pressure most of the game. Payne completely leveled him late.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 12:04 AM   #28
jamf
Pro Bowl

Kirk is the best QB the Redskins have ever drafted.
He would be a first ballot hall of Famer if he played with the hogs.

FU Kirk
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 12:19 AM   #29
tomo366
Impact Rookie

That game was a gift…
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 05:02 AM   #30
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Exact opposite of last week: ugly game awesome win agains the Colts, solid game excruciating loss against a tough opponent this week.

Heinicke plays bad, but you can't totally dismiss the effect he seems to have on this team. Everybody seems to be having more fun and playing harder when he plays... Can't build a team around him though, no arguing that.

Credit to JDR for turning things around. The Vikings' Offense is loaded with weapon and they couldn't move the ball on us past the first drive of the game, minus one big play, which they gonna have agains pretty much any body.

Secondary playing really well. Whole Dline awesome.