Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chris Henry to work out today

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Chris Henry to work out today

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/10/redskins-mid-day-report-punters-tomorrow-chris-henry-today.html

Quote:
Rotowire is reporting that former Tennessee Titans RB Chris Henry will make a free agent visit to the Redskins today.

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Re: Chris Henry to work out today

Hmmmm. So what does this say about Ladell Betts and Marcus Mason?

Old 10-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
diehard
The Starter

Chris Henry?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Nothing to see here. Move along!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Hmmmm. So what does this say about Ladell Betts and Marcus Mason?

I dont know what Marcus does in pratice but I know Betts sucks in games. Marcus hasn't gotten that much game action. Who are making the evaluations on these RBs. Also what does it say about Alrdige or anyone besides CP? Rock included. Whoever made these decisions idiot. How canyou get it wrong on all the backs you got? CP has paid dues. But everyone else under him. WTF?

I doubt if Chris Henry gets signed. Why we brought him in? Who the hell knows?
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
Old 10-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I don't even know what to think about this.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I used to think Betts was good insurance but honestly I don't think he's a suitable change of pace back for Portis anymore. He just doesn't do much when he's in there. His best attribute isn't even running the ball anymore, it's catching it. I think we need to get younger and more explosive because Portis isn't a spring chicken either. I think Portis needs to be used more as a change of pace back and we need to get a young guy with explosive potential to be our #1. I don't expect anything to happen this season but next year we should look at getting a guy (could even be a later round pick, i mean just look at Brandon Jacobs, Marion Barber, and Tashard Choice, all were 4th round picks) who could give us a more explosive presence at running back. As long as we do good scouting it shouldn't be hard finding someone who could be got for a late round draft pick.

And I would start thinking about trading Betts while we still have the opportunity to get something for him too. #1 priority definitely needs to be o-line though.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #8
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

My guess, just from watching the games, is that CP is hurting but pushing through it, cuz that's what he does. They've tried Mason a couple times with limited success, and Rock/Betts are 3rd down backs at best. So they want to bring in someone Sherman Smith is familiar with, and see if he can spell Portis effectively. I doubt he gets picked up, if so then Mason or Betts is gone, and I think both are now entrenched in their spots. I would say this has to be all coaching decisions, I don't see the FO hand in it at all.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
My guess, just from watching the games, is that CP is hurting but pushing through it, cuz that's what he does. They've tried Mason a couple times with limited success, and Rock/Betts are 3rd down backs at best. So they want to bring in someone Sherman Smith is familiar with, and see if he can spell Portis effectively. I doubt he gets picked up, if so then Mason or Betts is gone, and I think both are now entrenched in their spots. I would say this has to be all coaching decisions, I don't see the FO hand in it at all.
Good point about the Sherman Smith connection. I don't think he gets signed either but since we are approaching the trade deadline it's possible we move Rock or Betts (though not likely) so maybe they want to get a feel for who's out there. Wasn't Henry a 1st or 2nd rounder a few years ago?

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Old 10-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #10
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It has to be some kind of injury thing with Portis. The report yesterday was bone spurs in both ankles. That will be an issue for the rest of the season. He can still play but I doubt he will be able to get the 25 carries each game. Betts has sucked so far this year. BUT, Betts has also had limited carries and probably finds it hard to get in a groove. As for Mason, not sure whatthis means to him. Kind of hard to evaluate a guy with only 2 carriers per game.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Was hoping for Travis Henry
Old 10-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #12
jamf
Pro Bowl

Unless he can runblock for himself, We don't need him.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #13
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I don't even know what to think about this.

From a fans perspective it's difficult to determine what's going on with the backs we have already. Putting a guy in for a few plays here and there is not much of a barometer. And exactly what is Henry going to do?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #14
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Was hoping for Travis Henry
Yeah, all we gotta do is call up the governer of whatever state Travis Henry's prison is in and hope we can get a pardon. Then we can get him back on the field!

Or we could just wait 3-5 (I think that's his sentence, not sure though) and hopefully he'll be in NFL shape when he gets back out.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #15
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Well, it's not uncommon to work out a veteran during the week. And especially with the Sherman Smith connection this makes sense.

If he is signed, and is activated, then it wouldn't surprise me to see him be the primary kick returner and possibly 3rd down back. He'll take touches away from Rock and Betts. That is if we sign him.

Henry's success has come from his great NFL combine in 2007. Since then he's shown to be a pretty freakish athlete but not the best running back out there.