Panthers Postgame sadness

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2020, 06:50 AM   #76
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Panthers Postgame sadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

The way he's playing Dwayne better start saving those millions.

My biggest takeaway from this video is he never worked a real job before the NFL. It makes me wonder if there's any correlation between young qb's who have never worked a real job and NFL success.
And people talk about privilege...JFC pathetic

Never had a real job and had a car note in college? How’s that work?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2020, 08:27 AM   #77
GridIron26
Playmaker

There isn't much to say here, Haskins singlehandedly lost the game for the team.

For those people who are upset with Rivera for allowing Haskins to start the game - there are too many factors into this decision, and we don't know some of those factors. Several reasons you guys mentioned could be the reasons, but it also could not be the reasons. Maybe Rivera promised Snyder that he will give Haskins every opportunity to show that he can be the starter during the job interview. Whatever it is, it's done and we need to move forward. It is obviously Rivera is the right head coach for this team at this time, we need to be patient and let him do his work.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:59 AM   #78
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Great minds think alike. Like some previous posters, I too felt the shadow of Dan Snyder creep across RR's decision to keep Haskins in the game until it was too late to win. We could have won that game with even half-decent QB play from the start.

I don't think Snyder actually directs RR's coaching moves but I think he might be lobbying Rivera enough to erode RR's decisiveness. Could Rivera be caught between pleasing his dumb shit boss and doing what he knows is right?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:12 AM   #79
MTK
\m/

I honestly don't think Dan had anything to do with Dwayne playing. Heinicke just got here, there's no way any coach would have felt confident rolling with a guy off the street vs someone who's been here all year. You can question whether Ron left Dwayne in too long, that's a fair discussion.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:17 AM   #80
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I think there's zero chance Dan forced Ron to start Haskins, or is somehow pulling the strings from behind the curtain. Haskins played well enough in the second half of the Seattle game to get the nod, since Alex ultimately couldn't go. I'm convinced that RR and the coaching staff thought Haskins gave the team their best chance to win, and Haskins went out there and laid an absolute egg. It happens. No way they thought Heinicke would come in and show more than DH (against a softer defense, as has been pointed out). Maybe RR regrets not going to Heinicke earlier, or perhaps regrets starting Haskins at all, but hindsight is 20/20.

That said, it's hard to see a scenario where Haskins starts another game in the WFT uniform. If Haskins is starting next week, or even backing up the starter, then I'll start to question RR's decision making.

The gift TD on special teams, and the receivers' inability to catch the ball when it was actually put on them also didn't help. Collectively it wasn't a great day for the WFT (with the exception of the D - for the most part).

Gonna have to figure out a way to beat a better Philly team next Sunday night.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:19 AM   #81
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I honestly don't think Dan had anything to do with Dwayne playing. Heinicke just got here, there's no way any coach would have felt confident rolling with a guy off the street vs someone who's been here all year. You can question whether Ron left Dwayne in too long, that's a fair discussion.

And we got remember DS had a strong second half last week against Seattle. Dan had 0 influence on any of these decisions.

For everyone loving on Heinicke; he came in when the D was playing soft basically saying you can score but its going take you a good 6 minutes to do so.

DH is still hot garbage and honestly i wish they just cut him.

I think Philly is a crapper team then CAR; I don't see us losing that game. My hope is we are health when the playoff game comes and we get a good showing. No Alex and no Terry this team is way to thin to lose those guys for the same game.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:20 AM   #82
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I think there's zero chance Dan forced Ron to start Haskins, or is somehow pulling the strings from behind the curtain. Haskins played well enough in the second half of the Seattle game to get the nod, since Alex ultimately couldn't go. I'm convinced that RR and the coaching staff thought Haskins gave the team their best chance to win, and Haskins went out there and laid an absolute egg. It happens. No way they thought Heinicke would come in and show more than DH (against a softer defense, as has been pointed out). Maybe RR regrets not going to Heinicke earlier, or perhaps regrets starting Haskins at all, but hindsight is 20/20.

That said, it's hard to see a scenario where Haskins starts another game in the WFT uniform. If Haskins is starting next week, or even backing up the starter, then I'll start to question RR's decision making.

The gift TD on special teams, and the receivers' inability to catch the ball when it was actually put on them also didn't help. Collectively it wasn't a great day for the WFT (with the exception of the D - for the most part).

We basically typed the exact same thing at the same time, lol!
Old 12-28-2020, 09:21 AM   #83
MTK
\m/

Philly will have their bags packed by halftime. With nothing to play for if we lose that game we really have zero business being in the playoffs.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:22 AM   #84
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

I disagree on that . CAR has had a bunch of close games and they play in a tougher division then Philly, I think Philly is the easier win, IMO.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:22 AM   #85
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I think Scott Turner get's a big L too. The game plan for Haskins was not good. Sometimes I feel like he overthinks it, or gets too cute with the play calling.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #86
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

They need to reassign #7 Jersey number back to Theismann today

Another disgraceful Snyder move

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:24 AM   #87
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Philly will have their bags packed by halftime. With nothing to play for if we lose that game we really have zero business being in the playoffs.
https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-s...-team-0599970/

We lose that game and i rather we don't go to playoffs.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:25 AM   #88
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
They need to reassign #7 Jersey number back to Theismann today

Another disgraceful Snyder move
God I hope that never happens again. Leaving the decision up to Joe was just trash as trash gets.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:25 AM   #89
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I disagree on that . CAR has had a bunch of close games and they play in a tougher division then Philly, I think Philly is the easier win, IMO.
I just meant better than the first game of the season, and better than they were with Wentz. I can't tell you if they are better than Carolina, probably a wash.

There's no easy win if your offense can't score more than 13 points. Philly will be ready to bounce this team from the playoffs, you can bet on that.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:28 AM   #90
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

There's no way the Eagles just lay down and allow the WFT to get their playoff berth by winning the division on their field, at their expense. That just isn't the way this division works.