Lions PG

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-18-2020, 02:57 PM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Lions PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Don't forget about Kelvin Harmon returning.
One thing about Harmon, he’s slow and works underneath..while he can be a contributor, we need a WR who can step on the field and fly opposite Terry. Curtis Samuel ran a 4.31, has produced in Carolina and knows the system

I do like the way Cam Sims has emerged tho

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 03:04 PM   #2
SunnySide
Playmaker

wish we keep Jamison Crowder ... at 3 yrs/28.5M he was a bargain for what he brings.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:20 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
wish we keep Jamison Crowder ... at 3 yrs/28.5M he was a bargain for what he brings.
You know, he’s a slot guy and good receiver...but why in the hell did the Jets get him but let Robbie Anderson leave town? Anderson is flat out ballin in Carolina...you pay an outside guy who can light up a defense all day over a slot guy.

He Gets Us
Old 11-18-2020, 03:42 PM   #4
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Remember how Quinn was supposed to replace him? Oy
Old 11-18-2020, 03:50 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I like Isaiah Wright and Sims Jr in the slot for us in the future. I wish we motion Terry in there a little more too presnap.

He Gets Us
Old 11-18-2020, 04:00 PM   #6
SunnySide
Playmaker

Speaking of pre snap motion ... watching games, im yelling at my TV like "why dont we run some got damn pre snap motion in this mother fucker? We got time on the clock .. why the fuck arent we moving guys around to see if the D will shift and show us their got damn hand?!?"

Then I read articles like this .. telling me we are top 10 in pre snap motion and Im an idiot.

----
NFL's Best Teams Use Pre-Snap Motion

When it comes to the percentage of plays with pre-snap motion, only one team in the top-10 has a losing record — the Washington Football Team. Washington has had multiple changes at quarterback, though. These teams' records are a combined 45-20, or 43-15 without Washington and they average pre-snap motion on 22% of plays, with the Baltimore Ravens leading the way at 37.7%.
https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...-nearly-enough
Old 11-18-2020, 04:06 PM   #7
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Speaking of pre snap motion ... watching games, im yelling at my TV like "why dont we run some got damn pre snap motion in this mother fucker? We got time on the clock .. why the fuck arent we moving guys around to see if the D will shift and show us their got damn hand?!?"

Then I read articles like this .. telling me we are top 10 in pre snap motion and Im an idiot.

----
NFL's Best Teams Use Pre-Snap Motion

When it comes to the percentage of plays with pre-snap motion, only one team in the top-10 has a losing record — the Washington Football Team. Washington has had multiple changes at quarterback, though. These teams' records are a combined 45-20, or 43-15 without Washington and they average pre-snap motion on 22% of plays, with the Baltimore Ravens leading the way at 37.7%.
https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...-nearly-enough
Yep, that's part of Turner "Junior's" game. He's doing what he can in my opinion with the talent available. It boils down to the lack of talent and the lack of execution - not to mention the lack of time in his system. It'll come around as the season progresses, and after picking up a few key pieces in the offseason.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #8
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Yep, that's part of Turner "Junior's" game. He's doing what he can in my opinion with the talent available. It boils down to the lack of talent and the lack of execution - not to mention the lack of time in his system. It'll come around as the season progresses, and after picking up a few key pieces in the offseason.
Yeah .. Im not hating on what Turner is trying to do. I like the pre snap motion. I like that we were proactive in shopping for ingredients by adding pass catching backs in Gibson/McKissic in a heavy RB pass catching scheme.

But ... I want to see some down field passing. Weve been waiting all year. Everything is within 20 yards of the LOS with 80% coming within 5 yards.

I hope this isnt his final version. Winning the TOP is great and all but, as we saw against the Lions, you can go 10 plus plays but then have 1 sack or 1 penalty or 1 missed FG and you walk away with nothing.
---------------

Watched the skins-lions rewind replay on NBC Sports Washington on Tuesday night.

That first sack on our first possession that took us out of FG range ... all on Morgan Moses. Got blown up at the snap off a bull rush then pushed the rusher from behind into Alex. Ive repeatedly seen Alex getting blamed "for taking a sack we said Haskins couldnt take" .. but it was all Moses.
Old 11-18-2020, 04:14 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I wonder what the percentage of pre snap is the jet sweep motion. I see that a ton

He Gets Us
Old 11-18-2020, 04:37 PM   #10
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I wonder what the percentage of pre snap is the jet sweep motion. I see that a ton
I'll get that info in a few
Old 11-18-2020, 04:43 PM   #11
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'll get that info in a few
How do you pull some of the stats that you do? I consider myself pretty versed with finding advanced stats but you OK, you find some gems.

Ive been looking for total number of air passing yards plays over 20 yards for the skins, for the league and by our QBs if possible (haskins vs Allen vs Smith). Im really curious on where we rank in passing air attempts over 20 yards. Im guessing bottom 3.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:05 PM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
How do you pull some of the stats that you do? I consider myself pretty versed with finding advanced stats but you OK, you find some gems.

Ive been looking for total number of air passing yards plays over 20 yards for the skins, for the league and by our QBs if possible (haskins vs Allen vs Smith). Im really curious on where we rank in passing air attempts over 20 yards. Im guessing bottom 3.
Working for PFF bro it has some perks lol

And I'll get that stat too
Old 11-18-2020, 05:52 PM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Have to run the data on this I'll post it in a few
Old 11-19-2020, 08:47 AM   #14
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Only 65 attempts league wide on Jet sweep pass.

SF leads the way
WFT has 0 Jet sweep pass attempts.

For Jet sweep run plays

115 Total league wide

WFT =5
Rams lead the league in attempts.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:53 PM   #15
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Only 65 attempts league wide on Jet sweep pass.

SF leads the way
WFT has 0 Jet sweep pass attempts.

For Jet sweep run plays

115 Total league wide

WFT =5
Rams lead the league in attempts.
Terry took one for 27 yards last week.

With speed like McLaurin, Sims, Wright, Gibson, McKissic (former WRs)...we should be running that play a ton.