Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should Gruden be fired ?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins fire Gruden?
Yes 54 87.10%
No 8 12.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #76
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Should Gruden be fired ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
He had a clunker against Buffalo. The other losses were on the defense, and once again he has the worst running backs in the league - ranked 30th actually. So he lost in Foxboro in December, so has every other quarterback that went in there for the last 20 years. Come on man. If they still had whats his name at qb they would be a 2-3 win team this year.
He also threw a game ending pick against GB in the first game that the league gifted him a Clay Matthews penalty, and one other similar game ending pick that the refs threw a bogus roughing flag on, I don't remember that game though
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2018, 11:13 AM   #77
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

I don’t think Gruden should be fired for this year. He should be let go for being 500 after five years. He has overcome a lot and deserves credit. Very few other coaches could have done better.

His biggest failure is the defensive coordinator.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:16 AM   #78
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
their offensive Cor has been a problem....but Cousins does have a TO problem and has floundered on the bigger stage

but your right...he's been decent enough to win imo

Look at his two losses vs rams n saints - id call them big stages. He had one pick against the Saints and was lights out against Rams. Zero run. Zero D. Chicago got to him but they are a damn good D - were than. Foxboro is off limits in December. He has been plagued with porous run games his entire career- that makes it extremely difficult to do what he does in the air but he does it anyway. Never had any semblance of a d in Washington. A guy shouldn’t always have that sort of pressure to win games with no run and no D, so of course he is going to have some turnovers in big spots because the other team always knows what is coming. He has had a lot of game winning drives too even under that duress. If he was ever on a team that was actually well balanced he would be as good as it gets.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #79
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Add in his fumbles, and end of game/half stalled drives. It's not just stats, its about his game play, and always has been

Add in no run game, o line, or D for the majority of his career with us. I know it isn’t just about stats.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #80
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Now we are talking, been saying that for years.
The only concern is why the hell leave beautiful Cali for DC with clowns running the show?
Old 12-05-2018, 11:29 AM   #81
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I’d call that patriots game a big stage too...that didn’t go well
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:30 AM   #82
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I wish we were arguing over who our first round playoff opponent might end up being. Sadly the season has turned into the end of year dumpster fire, along with this board. If you want to like KC great. He's not here, and won't be in the future. If you hated the AS trade, fine, it's turned into a boondoggle salary cap wise, yay skins. If you just wanted the skins not to flop this season, and have a good year, well we all got screwed on that one...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:48 AM   #83
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I wish we were arguing over who our first round playoff opponent might end up being. Sadly the season has turned into the end of year dumpster fire, along with this board. If you want to like KC great. He's not here, and won't be in the future. If you hated the AS trade, fine, it's turned into a boondoggle salary cap wise, yay skins. If you just wanted the skins not to flop this season, and have a good year, well we all got screwed on that one...
4 weeks ago I was thinking we would play Min or Sea in the WC game... Instead our biggest rivals the Cowboys catch fucking fire after reports of coaches getting fired and we start losing guys and games like its nothing... It's what to expect anymore from this organization. Like I have said since last season, the Koolaid always turns stale in DC. Now we are 6-6 and might as well be 2-10.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:02 PM   #84
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah it is obvious the team knows they are losing out and I'm cool with that. I want a top 10 pick
apparently they will not have a top 10 pick, even if you lose every game
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:05 PM   #85
skinsfan69
Living Legend

What is the status of Gruden's contract? He was extended a little bit ago so will Snyder pay him and his staff to go away? Let's say Gruden is owned 10 million or more, I'm sorry but that is an awful lot of $ to tell someone to go away. Plus w/ the fact that we don't have a good QB situation, add on the injures and I think Gruden will be back. No quality coach w/ options will come here. For obvious reasons Clev and GB will be more attractive jobs.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:28 PM   #86
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
apparently they will not have a top 10 pick, even if you lose every game
6-10 should come close but it all depends on others of course
Old 12-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #87
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What is the status of Gruden's contract? He was extended a little bit ago so will Snyder pay him and his staff to go away? Let's say Gruden is owned 10 million or more, I'm sorry but that is an awful lot of $ to tell someone to go away. Plus w/ the fact that we don't have a good QB situation, add on the injures and I think Gruden will be back. No quality coach w/ options will come here. For obvious reasons Clev and GB will be more attractive jobs.
Can't use injuries as an excuse when you bring back buys like Lauvao who rarely make it past the bye week without missing a game.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:53 PM   #88
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Can't use injuries as an excuse when you bring back buys like Lauvao who rarely make it past the bye week without missing a game.
Was it Jay's decision to bring him back? I thought that it was Allen's.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:10 PM   #89
MTK
\m/

Who cares about Lauvao. I'm not letting Gruden off the hook but damn when you lose guys like an all pro caliber guard in Scherff, it killed the running game. And nobody has a plan for losing your top 2 QB's. Gruden may very well end up getting canned and a good case can be made for that, BUT, injuries have once again wrecked our season. It's just a fact.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:15 PM   #90
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
6-10 should come close but it all depends on others of course
I did a quick look and 6-10 should get you to a draft pick between 6 - 8, based on today’s standings. I only see six teams that are guaranteed to do worse than 6 - 10.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote