C- 0 0%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2018, 09:22 AM   #31
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Draft grades

I generally lower the initial grade because there are so many variables. but this one really seemed to knock it out of the park so I gave it an A. Especially taking into the fact that we got a higher 3rd round pick than we gave to KC.

If this draft doesn't solve our run defense, than nothing will. Sure either Payne or Settle might bust but by getting both you double down on our largest single deficiency.

I actually love the Apke pick. That may be my fanglasses, but I think our coaching staff can take him and use his physical attributes to make a strength out of him.

Guice is Gucci!

All in all, if we don't get many productive players out of this draft, I will be extremely disappointed.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2018, 09:52 AM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Is it crazy to think Kouandjio is ready to step in? I like the sound of this Welsh kid from Iowa

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/sean-w...ngton-redskins
Kouandijo...what is up with these interior line's names? FFS, can I get some easier names to spell (Nsekhe, Roullier, Lauvao, fuck!)....

Kujo played fairly poor last year when given the opportunity. But he can be in the mix
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:53 AM   #33
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Is it crazy to think Kouandjio is ready to step in? I like the sound of this Welsh kid from Iowa

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/sean-w...ngton-redskins
Not sure about Kouandjio, he's a real valuable back up, and he so the job in pass protection, which is a good thing when you just signed a 34 years old QB, but I have too many flashes of him being pushed back in the run game to place my hopes in him at LG.

We shouldn't be too worried about Roullier at C though. He had a good rookie year imo.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #34
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
You can't have it all in one draft, they knew the DL was the biggest weak point of the team and they addressed it big time, LG is a huge ? for us but lets hope TY can step in and do a good job for a yr
Based on how many OL went in the first two rounds, there are going to be a bunch of guards/centers getting released over the next 3-4 months. I get that their current team is letting them go, but some of them may be a better answer than using Nsehke or Arie as the starter
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:07 AM   #35
GridIron26
Playmaker

I think Nsehke might surprise some; we put him in guard spot at last minute and he performed well considering the situation so I would love to see how he play as guard after getting plenty of reps in training camp. We need to acknowledge this is just a band-aid solution, I won't be surprised if he signs with different team after this season but we should be able to find a replacement by then.

Edit: and I'm happy with the draft! I would prefer James than Payne but Payne fills in a huge need and he is one of best DL players in the draft so I am ok with this pick. Guice falling to us in 2nd round even after trading back is fantastic; if Guice is able to grow in NFL then we will be happy with our RB situation for next few years. Guice as first two downs back, CT being 3rd down back and we can use Perine as goal line back.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:10 AM   #36
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Based on how many OL went in the first two rounds, there are going to be a bunch of guards/centers getting released over the next 3-4 months. I get that their current team is letting them go, but some of them may be a better answer than using Nsehke or Arie as the starter

Good point that a serviceable vet could become available very soon
Old 04-30-2018, 10:11 AM   #37
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I'm mostly worried about Ty's height. He might be strong and fundamentally sound, but some quality DTs are going to easily get under pads.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:12 AM   #38
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I generally lower the initial grade because there are so many variables. but this one really seemed to knock it out of the park so I gave it an A. Especially taking into the fact that we got a higher 3rd round pick than we gave to KC.

If this draft doesn't solve our run defense, than nothing will. Sure either Payne or Settle might bust but by getting both you double down on our largest single deficiency.

I actually love the Apke pick. That may be my fanglasses, but I think our coaching staff can take him and use his physical attributes to make a strength out of him.

Guice is Gucci!

All in all, if we don't get many productive players out of this draft, I will be extremely disappointed.
As a huge VT fan (AND trying to be objective), we got great value with Settle and Stroman. Settle needs some NFL conditioning, but he doesn't really take plays off. He's just a big boy that needs a rest. Loving that we'll be able to keep fresh with this rotation.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:27 AM   #39
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico23231 View Post
second this.

Look, its nearly impossible to get everything you need in the draft. Looks like interior oline just wasn't there and we went with our board.

I don't like the apke pick, but i didn't like the monte nicholson pick last year either. So i was wrong there...hopefully im wrong here.

If the plan is nsekhe now...then go for it...but im actively looked for interior oline help. Post june 1st cuts...also im looking...hopefully there is some cuts post draft based on guys drafted who could replace others on their teams.

also, and i hate this...but im calling luavo and discussing him coming into compete for a roster spot.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:57 AM   #40
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I'm mostly worried about Ty's height. He might be strong and fundamentally sound, but some quality DTs are going to easily get under pads.

Definitely, tough to play guard at his height

Anyone remember the Todd Wade experiment at guard? Same situation, big tall dude, fine for a tackle, couldn’t cut it at guard
Old 04-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #41
jamf
Pro Bowl

I give the draft a B- because I think we wasted the 3rd round pick on a guy that will add no value to the team in the first 2-3 years.

Payne is going to be a very good player but I think James and Edmunds have much higher upsides and play positions of need for us. I would've preferred to go with a skill position at 13.

Trading down and getting Guice was an "A" move. Great value pick at a position of need. The kid worries me a bit but hopefully he can figure things out and dominate for us.

I don't get the 3rd round pick. This team needs to draft starters and you should be able to find a guy to help out at Guard, ILB, or TE in this spot.
This could've been a day 1 starter if things worked out. We don't have time to experiment with guys at guard, we needed to draft one even if it's a reach.

I like the Apke and Stroman picks, they can make special teams better right away. Apke has elite athleticism, hopefully he is a bit crazy and willing to make special teams coverage his thing.
Stroman returned kicks at Virginia. He should be able to takeover Crowders return duties.

I change my grade to a solid B.
They have two starters and two special teams players that will contribute week 1.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #42
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Definitely, tough to play guard at his height

Anyone remember the Todd Wade experiment at guard? Same situation, big tall dude, fine for a tackle, couldn’t cut it at guard
WOW I forgot about him.
He couldn't move anyone off the line!

Low man wins in the trenches.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I give the draft a B- because I think we wasted the 3rd round pick on a guy that will add no value to the team in the first 2-3 years.

Payne is going to be a very good player but I think James and Edmunds have much higher upsides and play positions of need for us. I would've preferred to go with a skill position at 13.

Trading down and getting Guice was an "A" move. Great value pick at a position of need. The kid worries me a bit but hopefully he can figure things out and dominate for us.

I don't get the 3rd round pick. This team needs to draft starters and you should be able to find a guy to help out at Guard, ILB, or TE in this spot.
This could've been a day 1 starter if things worked out. We don't have time to experiment with guys at guard, we needed to draft one even if it's a reach.

I like the Apke and Stroman picks, they can make special teams better right away. Apke has elite athleticism, hopefully he is a bit crazy and willing to make special teams coverage his thing.
Stroman returned kicks at Virginia Tech. He should be able to takeover Crowders return duties.

I change my grade to a solid B.
They have two starters and two special teams players that will contribute week 1.
whoa, had to fix that for ya Jamf...that's kinda a big deal.

Always good analysis, but I think the swing OT pick in was a smart pick. They really like him a lot and our depth kinda stinks. Also...and Im not stating anytime soon, but this could be a move seen as a possible replacement for either of the starters. I think the Tackle pick in the 3rd says they think his potential is more than just depth.

Stroman really improved his game...it took a major jump last year...he turned into a really strong player. And remember, Coach Torian Gray recruited him and coached for a couple years at Va Tech. I think PFF had Stroman as one of the top CB in the stat when "thrown against" had one of the least caught percentages in the country. Stroman pick wasn't just some throw away, special teamer...I think they want to get a look at him in coverage. Found the stat: •Made a play on the ball on almost 37 percent of his targets over last two years and allowed just 25.6 percent completion rate this year.

Stroman has a slot corner make up...with Fuller gone, we got an opening there.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:10 PM   #44
MTK
\m/

I think there’s a lot of value in a swing tackle considering Trent and Morgan are both coming off injury riddled seasons
Old 04-30-2018, 01:18 PM   #45
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I was not a fan of the 3rd round tackle but am coming around. It's drafting for a future need. I get that and assume that the LG position will come around.