Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Redskins Meetup

Baltimore Skins Fans

Redskins Meetup

Old 11-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
over the mountain
Playmaker

Baltimore Skins Fans

I live in baltimore city and if your a skins fan living in baltimore too you know that it seems like alot of skins games are not getting televised through our local fox station this season. It seems like every week the ravens play at the same time we do (which i thought the nfl tries not to do) or the local fox decides to air another game like the steelers-bengals last week.

Of course this week the ravens play at 1 so our skins game will not be televised.

I just figured Id make a thread for us since it seems like you cant sit at your house and watch the skins this year (unless your someone hot shot millionaire who can afford the nfl sunday ticket but then you wouldnt be living in baltimore now would ya hun?)

So I will be down in locust point/fed hill at sly fox this sunday. again. There is usually a real good crowd, even with our losses. Everyone is wearing the B & G and honestly it the best place to watch a skins game if the ravens are playing at the same time.

So I hope to see some of ya'll there this sunday. Ill probably be wearing a camo hat and a huge haynesworth jersey (thanks hun).

go skins!!

Advertisements
Old 11-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
mredskins
MVP

Re: Baltimore Skins Fans

I go to Hummers in Canton, newer bar, always have the skins on beer is cheap and they have jello shooters.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I live in baltimore city and if your a skins fan living in baltimore too you know that it seems like alot of skins games are not getting televised through our local fox station this season. It seems like every week the ravens play at the same time we do (which i thought the nfl tries not to do) or the local fox decides to air another game like the steelers-bengals last week.

Of course this week the ravens play at 1 so our skins game will not be televised.

I just figured Id make a thread for us since it seems like you cant sit at your house and watch the skins this year (unless your someone hot shot millionaire who can afford the nfl sunday ticket but then you wouldnt be living in baltimore now would ya hun?)

So I will be down in locust point/fed hill at sly fox this sunday. again. There is usually a real good crowd, even with our losses. Everyone is wearing the B & G and honestly it the best place to watch a skins game if the ravens are playing at the same time.

So I hope to see some of ya'll there this sunday. Ill probably be wearing a camo hat and a huge haynesworth jersey (thanks hun).

go skins!!
If you work enough at it, you can watch every game on the internet. I have my laptop hooked up to my tv and I haven't missed a game yet this year.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

yeah, I have been watching on my computer - and it ain't one of those nice big 19" screens either.

Sucks. Last week, there was no reason not to televise it except that the local station chose to televise Cinci v. Pitt rather than Wash v. Den. I've looked at the rules carefully and there have been two games where the locals choose not televise the Skins (I think Atlanta was the other, but I may be wrong).

Now on Dallas week I can't watch the game? Sucks Sucks Sucks.

Would love to goto a bar, but with a 2 year old and 6 year old, it's not really an option.

If any one has any good ideas, I would love to hear them.

Otherwise, I simply rely on the wise and generous Lotus to supply links.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #5
over the mountain
Playmaker

my girl picked up a shift so shes bartending sunday down in fed hill. always good money for ravens home games just sucks we will not get to watch the game together. so i probably will be bouncing around a few bars and not setting up camp at sly fox like we usually do.

dang it.

go skins!!

ps -the food at sly sucks so go over to harbor-que for some good cheap carolina style bbq.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
over the mountain
Playmaker

alright, i went to dego dames for most of this game for the wings and pizza. but me and my gurl got there about the 4th quarter and there was a good crowd. not nearly the overflowing skins jersy wearing crowd we saw at seasons begining/

go skins

yo joe, go skins!
craig n coren
Old 12-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
chuajkrja
Camp Scrub

I accept with information:if your a skins fan living in baltimore too you know that it seems like alot of skins games are not getting televised through our local fox station this season.
chuajkrja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
wolfeskins
The Starter

fox has been sucking alot this year. seems like every skins game this season fox has had some sort of technical difficulty. last week was horrible. the station froze right after philly scored their final td and didn't start working again until after the the two point conversion.i had to see the two point try on replay.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #9
RedskinsfaninBaltimore
Special Teams

I went to Sly Fox for the Redskins-Cowboys game. It was great, especially since they have not been showing them on television as of late. I'm hoping they'll show them today, since I won't be able to make it down to Federal Hill. But I'm not that confident.
RedskinsfaninBaltimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #10
over the mountain
Playmaker

well fellas yet another week that baltimore skins fans get absolutely hosed by our local fox station.

the ravens play at 1, skins at 4 so, the skins as the designated secondary market for baltimore, should get air time but instead we get some poker challenge crap on fox and the boys-chargers game on cbs.

god damn the beer at sly fox is so freakin expensive at a bucket of 6 bottles cost 15 bucks. thats more than 2 bucks a bottle which i guess isnt that bad.

at least most bars should be showing the game since we dont play at the same time as the ravens, so we are not limited to just sly fox.

go skins!
Old 12-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #11
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

^^ Yup. CBS could show the Skins game but instead is choosing to show the SD v. Cowboys game.

Sometimes I hate this town.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think it's on fox, and it's cbs' double header day, cuz fox washington isn't showing a football game right now. The nfl ought rework the tv rules altogether...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #13
Bozzy
The Starter

FOX45 is a POS network
Bozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #14
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think it's on fox, and it's cbs' double header day, cuz fox washington isn't showing a football game right now. The nfl ought rework the tv rules altogether...
yeah they should considering there is bowling an reruns of worlds strongest man on espn, the fact that the only air 4 games nationally is a joke

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

yep, and somehow, in the middle of december in the washington baltimore combined market, they have 4 total games??? fox dc isn't allowed to show an early game, and cbs baltimore doesn't have an early game either. crazy. and then fox baltimore isn't allowed to have a 4pm game... 3 time slots out of eight without a game, if my math is right.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote